Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #21
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,991
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
It's a discipline issue, and it's been prevalent throughout the Lion's history especially in the past few years. I could see an incident here or there, but explain why so many players from the Lions have had so many run ins with the law?

Nate Burleson doesn't work late nights, unless he's doing shots and banging hoes. Your comparison is useless.
Your thoughts are useless.

Discipline has nothing to do with a personal accident on the mans own time.
The original post was about Nate and his "accident" and being the Lions same old quote bullshit.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:18 PM   #22
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,955
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Your thoughts are useless.

Discipline has nothing to do with a personal accident on the mans own time.
The original post was about Nate and his "accident" and being the Lions same old quote bullshit.
It doesn't? Being a responsible individual and not being dumb when you're a PROFESSIONAL athlete doesn't matter off the field? It is the same old shit because, well, it's the same old shit. Lions athletes doing dumb things and/or getting in trouble off the field. That discipline extends off of the field.

Anyone that thinks a car accident involving an NFL player at 2:30 AM while getting food isn't alcohol related is a moron.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #23
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,764
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Your thoughts are useless.

Discipline has nothing to do with a personal accident on the mans own time.
The original post was about Nate and his "accident" and being the Lions same old quote bullshit.
How's the kool aid? You're blind, let's take and make an argument about a professional athlete and team not being professional for years. ....It's the same old shit, its the same shit that has been around for years.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 02:54 PM   #24
wilesin
Senior Member
 
wilesin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-09
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,802
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Nobody comes to Detroit to play football, just to party. It's pretty evident.
wilesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #25
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,919
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I know a guy who plays for the lions and I know he has a curfew for the day before a game. They call and check to make sure they are not out doing something like this. They may need to do something like that every night? Seems intruding on their personal lives but the org pays them a lot of money so they should be able to control what or when they can do things off the field during the season.
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #26
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,492
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Yes people do this all the time.... no big deal


Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #27
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,818
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

LOL at all of the above. Especially fullthrottle going full throttle to butt hurt.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
BTW, I do not hate our country. I love our country, I just hate the way it's trending.
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:05 PM   #28
marshall
locally famous
 
marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
Posts: 2,929
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03hemisilver View Post
I heard Pettigrew was holding the pizza's on his lap when they fell
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:15 PM   #29
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,579
iTrader: (164)
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
Lions Rule.
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #30
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,991
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
It doesn't? Being a responsible individual and not being dumb when you're a PROFESSIONAL athlete doesn't matter off the field? It is the same old shit because, well, it's the same old shit. Lions athletes doing dumb things and/or getting in trouble off the field. That discipline extends off of the field.

Anyone that thinks a car accident involving an NFL player at 2:30 AM while getting food isn't alcohol related is a moron.
So your now god Mr. Grease. you know alcohol was involved? You were there, you saw it all personally. Reports stated alcohol wasn't a factor. You are certainly a moron, thanks for proving it.

He's a professional sports player on once again his own time, accidents do happen. Doesn't matter if he wears a lions jersey or not. Mr. Peyton must be a undisciplined piece of shit also....oh wait just cause he doesn't wear a certain uniform, he's a great guy? Seriously? That's what I get out of all this bullshit. Their uniform makes them all horrible shitty people cause everyone else is perfect.

I'ma go sit in my padded room now so I can be responsible and go to work tomorrow just like Chad and Greasestain. Yes, I have drank Kool-Aid all my life I like all the flavors really. I'm pretty open and understanding. I can't hang here with all this Mr. perfects. I shall go "FUCK OFF NOW"
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 04:55 PM   #31
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,115
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I conducted a test tonight at around 5:30pm with a 10 mile drive on my shock test route. I went for the advanced test and put the sauce and sticks on top since the plastic is really slick on a sleazers pizza box.

I made it home with 0 spills or drops. Even with stealing a few bread sticks.

Very proud moment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nateburlesontest.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	110708  
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #32
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,764
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
I conducted a test tonight at around 5:30pm with a 10 mile drive on my shock test route. I went for the advanced test and put the sauce and sticks on top since the plastic is really slick on a sleazers pizza box.

I made it home with 0 spills or drops. Even with stealing a few bread sticks.

Very proud moment.
I did the exact same, I'd venture to guess I bought my hot n read from the same place you bought yours too.....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #33
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,492
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Yep that did it... mixed with horse meat..

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #34
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,764
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
So your now god Mr. Grease. you know alcohol was involved? You were there, you saw it all personally. Reports stated alcohol wasn't a factor. You are certainly a moron, thanks for proving it.

He's a professional sports player on once again his own time, accidents do happen. Doesn't matter if he wears a lions jersey or not. Mr. Peyton must be a undisciplined piece of shit also....oh wait just cause he doesn't wear a certain uniform, he's a great guy? Seriously? That's what I get out of all this bullshit. Their uniform makes them all horrible shitty people cause everyone else is perfect.

I'ma go sit in my padded room now so I can be responsible and go to work tomorrow just like Chad and Greasestain. Yes, I have drank Kool-Aid all my life I like all the flavors really. I'm pretty open and understanding. I can't hang here with all this Mr. perfects. I shall go "FUCK OFF NOW"
You really should lighten up, or take the blinders off and look at how many lions have fucked up over the years on or off the field, the organization has a history of drafting busts, undisciplined players, screw ups off the field, etc....

So, here I am listening to the DETROIT sports talk radio station, and what are they saying.....

1. Same old lions
2. Has anyone ever driven 70 mph down the freeway and had pizza flying all over the car? Steady speed, straight line, no big bumps, hills, etc to cause stuff in the car to fly all over.
3. Awful "odd" situation, just doesn't make sense.
4. Why was he out getting pizza at 2am? Who's even open then?
5. Why if he makes a million bucks a year didn't he order delivery? Too cheap to tip?


These people were the hosts of the radio show, not the callers.

Who's mr. Peyton? Is he a lion? Did he get drunk and crash into the center barrier at 2am?

I'm not sure if its the uniform that makes them morons, or if the lions just only sign morons, but i think you might be on to something. How many lions get traded and end up winning super bowls or becoming good players elsewhere? How many good players come to detroit and end up bums? You know, it probably is the jersey. They should bring back the black ones with blue numbers, those were cool.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #35
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,947
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

"Alcohol was not a factor" just means the cops did not administer a roadside pbt, or probably any test.

I once drove a kid home after he rolled his grand prix at request of a state trooper. On the ride to his house, we found out he was stoned. Since the cop didnt ask, I'm sure that didnt make it in his report either.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 08:40 PM   #36
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

That's what texting and driving does to your pizza.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #37
marshall
locally famous
 
marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
Posts: 2,929
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
They should bring back the black ones with blue numbers, those were cool.
my buddy has a sweet kevin jones black jersey
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:02 AM   #38
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Him crashing at 230am is a little sketchy, it's a personal responsibility thing. My main complaint is The lack of depth at wide out. Lions spend time in the off season getting a scrub of a running back. When your a pass first offense, you need more depth at wide out, then add in a decent running back.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #39
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,955
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
So your now god Mr. Grease. you know alcohol was involved? You were there, you saw it all personally. Reports stated alcohol wasn't a factor. You are certainly a moron, thanks for proving it.

He's a professional sports player on once again his own time, accidents do happen. Doesn't matter if he wears a lions jersey or not. Mr. Peyton must be a undisciplined piece of shit also....oh wait just cause he doesn't wear a certain uniform, he's a great guy? Seriously? That's what I get out of all this bullshit. Their uniform makes them all horrible shitty people cause everyone else is perfect.

I'ma go sit in my padded room now so I can be responsible and go to work tomorrow just like Chad and Greasestain. Yes, I have drank Kool-Aid all my life I like all the flavors really. I'm pretty open and understanding. I can't hang here with all this Mr. perfects. I shall go "FUCK OFF NOW"
Did you eat paint chips as a kid?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2013, 08:18 AM   #40
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,764
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
]Him crashing at 230am is a little sketchy, it's a personal responsibility thing. My main complaint is The lack of depth at wide out. Lions spend time in the off season getting a scrub of a running back. When your a pass first offense, you need more depth at wide out, then add in a decent running back.
ding, ding ding ding ding.....and the lions can't seem to draft/sign/aquire players who understand what that means...or coaches for that matter.....

Sucks too, I always thought Burleson had personal responsibility.....

Did anyone else notice he was present at a team benefit earlier in the night, then a few hours later crashes into a cement wall saving his pizza?

sketchy....more like obviously stupid
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:23 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.35775 seconds with 53 queries