Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

"The Predator" another YJ build.

70K views 606 replies 40 participants last post by  CheapThrillB2 
#1 ·
This is my first time starting a build thread. Started out as 1990 jeep Wrangler 6cyl auto. Not running. Previous to it i had a 1986 chevy 3/4 ton pickup. The had a head on collision.
Motor, trans, tcase, axles, and YES the chevy emblem were put into the jeep.
Id start at the beginning, but dont know how to upload actual pictures. So ill start with a few years ago. With lots of pictures, every one likes pictures.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

See less See more
#386 ·
Hey smart a$$, I cut the thing in half and made it a sigle rig hauler. Pretty sure the 5000 pounds that aint on it now will make a heck of a difference. .haha.

Got somemore done on the jeep tonight. Motor is officially setting on it own in the jeep. Got 80% of the fuel system done, need 3 6an to 3/8" hose barb fittings otherwise itd be done.

Got radiator in, was able to lift motor about 3 inches, along with the trans. Need to remake both drive shafts .Hoping that ill have a flat skid plate now.

Dang oil pan on the 6.0 hangs really low. .dont think I like it..
May have to get a shorter one. There goes 300+ bux!

sended frum dis stoopid fone

#388 ·
Well..
Totally un productive night in the barn.
First im ticked my harness hasnt been modded yet.
Feva...ill take all the tongue lashin u got..lol. ya told me so! I gotta learn from my own mistakes sometimes. .grrrr..

Well bought another stick of DOM for a hood hoop.
Screwed that up!
Forgot my parts to finish up trans crossmember at work.
Broke a 5/8" tap off in the frame, beat it out of there. .
Smashed my wrecked hand with the dead blow. .mfer..

On a good note I finished the fuel system 100%.

Came inside decided I would've been further ahead if I just drank beer on the deck..
Hoping for a better day tomorrow!.

#393 ·
Got the harness. Day before the club comp. .grrr
Had this week off to get the boiler set and hooked up. Got er done, spent all day today in the barn working on the jeep.
Got the whole harness wired up, and actually started the 6.0! Awesome. Fired right up first fee cranks, ides nice, throttle response is great!

Need some cleanup and engine wise its done.
Spent some time dreaming up an engine skid plate. ..this is what I got.

The front is tied to the frame on both sides. The pic is looking from the rear of the jeep towards the front axle..incase u didn't figure that out..:banghead:
Going to skin it and add a few more braces.

Ordered a factory ecm holder. ..wanted to mak sure it wasn't rattling around in the jeep. Ecm is inside the jeep, in front of the passengers feet.

Got all week to work on it..should b able to get it ready for exhaust shop by next week. .
Yaay.
Glad to start getting caught up this week.

#399 ·
I have to apologize im super Ignorant when it comes to computer programming stuff.
U just want to borrow my computer to rob the tune, ill keep sending it back and fourth so u can keep robbing the tunes?
Hahaha id need someone to tune a computer for me to take its place while my computer is gone. Lol.

#410 ·
Now meballs is black and hanging under my jeep where they should be..haha haha

Jeep started awesome tonight, got lots of loose ends finished up.
Coolant filled, trans topped off, wires cleaned up, drive shafts back in, vacuumed out.
Leaving for exhaust as soon as I find someone to do it.

Jeep has some descent torque, not sure it has anywhere near the power I had b4...but it hasn't burned down the road yet.

Had to order an adapter for the coolant gauge I have, itll b here early next week.
Also ordered a double pass inline trans cooler, my big ol fin and tube one dont fit.
Its up for grabs if anyone has any interest. .
Here it is.
Ill take whatever I can get for it. .even if its a beer. .lol

Got some paint touch up to do,.and ball joints on the passenger side of the dana60..:thumbdown:
Bearing on that side too..:confused:
Lastly I may see if I can throw single ended full hydro on it soon. .:thumbup:

Anxious to get it on the road.
I had the 150tunes guy leave my vss wired in and live in the puter, goin to run it unhooked and see if its an issue. .the vss I got for the np205, needs a little more work than I care to give it right now.

#412 ·
Most of the loose ends wrapped up last night
Ball joints replaced, wires cleaned up, vacuumed, bed liner touched up.
Here it sets now, waiting for exhaust!

Computer fully mounted, as well as the air cleaner set up. All inside the cab/cowl of the jeep tub.

Still waiting for trans cooler, and my water temp probe adapter gizmo. Should be here early next week.

#413 ·
Took a little time n cleaned the jeep up the other day..wowza bit o mud in it....

Nice...the wheel base moved to 112" from about 108"..all in the front axle. Like a mid engine now..hahaha

Here's a front view, I installed a new factory pitman arm until I get all hydo stuff around. Old pitman the splines were getting stripped out.

Got the new trans cooler today...awesome. I like it, compact yet efficient.

Got the cooler mounted, on the fram right under the passenger side seat.

Pik ain't the goodest..

Also got my hood latches today. .I like em, more better than the hood pin idea.
Got some 90 degree spring latches, simular to the stock jeep ones.
Tapped right into the tube fenders

Got my coolant adapter today too! Got it installed, nice to see that my radiator seems to be plenty large enough. I didn't even need to run my electric fan on a run around the block, had to with old motor. .
So thats nice...
No pic of it, kinda hard to get to.

Monday the rig goes into Romers in sand lake to get the y pipe made and tied into old 3" exhaust.

During drive today it felt like the trans was slipping in 1st and reverse, :thumbdown: little late now to fire it up opeb headers and double check fluid...hope its a little low. If not ill be doing an overnight rnr on the trans next week Monday/tuesday.

Tomorrow ill get that all squared away. .so I know at least.
:thumbup:

Got that all done plus both sides upper n lower ball joints, and axle joints on a 98 dodge ramit..nice.

Thats all..im out!

#417 ·
Well got rambunctious today went and got some supplies. Got more trans fluid, incase I need a trans rebuild. Ill know soon!
Went to family farm n home picked this bad boy up. For 75.00!! What a deal eh!
2x8 dbl acting cylinder

Got me a few new cheapo tool boxes for the back of the jeep. To hold parts, tools etc.

Now off to make a few open header runs to see how trans performs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.