|September 9th, 2013, 12:42 AM||#41|
Join Date: 06-02-09
Location: Scotts, Mi
Very sorry to hear, I just had to put my 14 yr. old Border Collie down back in August. It is so hard to do they are the only truly unconditionally loving beings here on earth. Cherish the moments you had together.
|September 9th, 2013, 06:57 AM||#42|
Empathy. Im no good at it
Join Date: 05-10-08
Somehow I have to stop my stupid face from leaking long enough to make it through the work day.
Thank you all for your kind words.
Now... go hug your dog, cat, wife , kids or goat and tell them how much you love them!
Associate Membership Secretary/Membership Secretary
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Support The Sport!
|September 9th, 2013, 07:27 AM||#43|
Join Date: 09-20-06
|September 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM||#44|
Join Date: 09-20-06
|September 9th, 2013, 07:38 AM||#45|
Join Date: 07-17-12
Location: LeRoy Michigan
|September 9th, 2013, 08:16 AM||#47|
I'm not old, honest...
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
A couple good reads to help with your day.
Top Ten Reasons Why A Dog Is Better Than A Woman
10. A dog's parents will never visit you.
9. A dog loves you when you leave your clothes on the floor.
8. A dog limits its time in the bathroom to a quick drink.
7. A dog never expects you to telephone.
6. A dog will not get mad at you if you forget its birthday.
5. A dog does not care about the previous dogs in your life.
4. A dog does not get mad at you if you pet another dog.
3. A dog never expects flowers on Valentine's Day.
2. The later you are, the happier a dog is to see you.
1. A dog does not shop.
48 Reasons Why Dogs are Better Than Women 48 Reasons Why Dogs are Better Than Women
WHY DOGS ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN
1. Dogs don't cry.
2. Dogs love it when your friends come over.
3. Dogs don't care if you use their shampoo.
4. Dogs think you sing great.
5. A dog's time in the bathroom is confined to a quick drink.
6. Dogs don't expect you to call when you are running late.
7. The later you are, the more excited dogs are to see you
8. Dogs will forgive you for playing with other dogs.
9. Dogs don't notice if you call them by another dog's name.
10. Dogs are excited by rough play.
11. Dogs don't mind if you give their offspring away.
12. Dogs understand that farts are funny.
13. Dogs love red meat.
14. Dogs can appreciate excessive body hair.
15. Anyone can get a good-looking dog.
16. If a dog is gorgeous, other dogs don't hate it.
17. Dogs don't shop.
18. Dogs like it when you leave lots of things on the floor.
19. A dog's disposition stays the same all month long.
20. Dogs never need to examine the relationship.
21. A dog's parents never visit.
22. Dogs love long car trips.
23. Dogs understand that instincts are better than asking for directions.
24. Dogs understand that all animals smaller than dogs were made to be hunted.
25. When a dog gets old and starts to snap at you incessantly, you can shoot it.
26. Dogs like beer.
27. Dogs don't hate their bodies.
28. No dog ever bought a Kenny G or Hootie & the Blowfish album.
29. No dog ever put on 100 pounds after reaching adulthood.
30. Dogs never criticize.
31. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
32. Dogs never expect gifts.
33. It's legal to keep a dog chained up at your house.
34. Dogs don't worry about germs.
35. Dogs don't want to know about every other dog you ever had.
36. Dogs like to do their snooping outside as opposed to in your wallet, desk, and the back of your sock drawer.
37. Dogs don't let magazine articles guide their lives.
38. Dogs would rather have you buy them a hamburger dinner than a lobster one.
40. You never have to wait for a dog. They're ready to go 24 hours a day.
41. Dogs have no use for flowers, cards, or jewelry.
42. Dogs don't borrow your shirts.
43. Dogs never want foot-rubs.
44. Dogs enjoy heavy petting in public.
45. Dogs find you amusing when you're drunk.
46. Dogs can't talk.
47. Dogs aren't catty.
48. Dogs seldom outlive you.
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
|September 9th, 2013, 08:17 AM||#48|
drink the hotdog water.
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
I hate threads like this. I usually don't comment. They make me sad and remind me of my lab I lost in 1997. Haven't had a lab since, not sure I ever will.
I support you in this difficult decision and feel horrible for you too. Try not to read this thread during work I guess. I'm sorry Musky girl and Creepy.
|September 9th, 2013, 11:20 AM||#53|
dog farts are the worst!!
Join Date: 05-15-08
Very sorry to hear this!
I really dislike seeing these threads, as I hate seeing anyone loose their buddy.
Sasha is my first dog, she is blind but still active and healthy at 9.5 yrs. I dread the day something happens to her, as she is very special to me. I will be a lump of shit for days I'm sure. I get all drippy just thinking about it. Dogs are my favorite people, breed is of no matter, dogs know how to live and love!
|September 9th, 2013, 12:04 PM||#54|
I'm that guy.
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: MUSKEGON, MI. 49442
I'm at a complete loss of what to think, do or say. I'm a friggin mess.
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker.
|September 9th, 2013, 02:30 PM||#57|
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
|September 9th, 2013, 02:46 PM||#58|
I'll Direc your TV
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
That's really crappy to hear! he's still young!
..well not really, but still!
I'm hoping to get a few more years out of my lab...I really at least two. He's 14 now, but according the vet hes in really good health for his age and he's 88 lbs. He was 120 lbs beginning of last year. I finally got my grandpa to stop giving him the giant milk bones 3-4 times a day and stop putting milk on his food lol