Random Thoughts - Page 674 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:13 PM   #13461
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,482
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Do you ask to consult an "expert"
Sometimes. Usually I just post on GL
Quote:
Originally Posted by wave_crusher View Post
Do you make offers without actually looking at something to?
If the seller has posted good pictures, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wramblerguy View Post
Ever have someone tell you to fukc off? Lol
All the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
I kinda also believe its fucked up to lowball offer someone without even looking at it. I seem to get these people every time I sell a vehicle. I'm all for haggling, but at least have the balls to do it in person and after you have looked the vehicle over.
I am not about to drive 3 hours just to 'look', if I make that commitment of time I am looking to buy. If the seller responds with 'that's kinda low, but I may come down some' then I know I won't be wasting my time.

Often, I just buy if the asking price seems reasonable. But lately, everyone seems to think their shit is made of gold, so I like to remind them that shit is shit.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #13462
GREASYHANDS
Newbie
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 13,837
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Nap
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:30 PM   #13463
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,615
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post

I am not about to drive 3 hours just to 'look', if I make that commitment of time I am looking to buy. If the seller responds with 'that's kinda low, but I may come down some' then I know I won't be wasting my time.

Often, I just buy if the asking price seems reasonable. But lately, everyone seems to think their shit is made of gold, so I like to remind them that shit is shit.
I wont deny that a lot of people out there view their shit as gold and want top dollar for it, its all over CL. However if im interested enough to want to spend over a grand I will take the time to go look at it in person and talk to the seller face to face. Living up here, I have drove a lot in every direction(mostly downstate) just to go look and decide that its not for me or we couldn't come to a agreement on price. But whatever that's how the car game works. Sometimes you drive it home, sometimes you don't want it after you saw and drove it. A simple phone call and conversation is usually enough to figure out the seller is willing to haggle, and pictures should be a good idea of what kind of condition it is in. But I don't care, if someone low balls me without seeing it in person, like 30% or more less than what im asking, I will tell the person to piss off cause most of the time they cant even call you, its in a txt. pussies.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #13464
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,984
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

beer
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #13465
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,482
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
I wont deny that a lot of people out there view their shit as gold and want top dollar for it, its all over CL. However if im interested enough to want to spend over a grand I will take the time to go look at it in person and talk to the seller face to face. Living up here, I have drove a lot in every direction(mostly downstate) just to go look and decide that its not for me or we couldn't come to a agreement on price. But whatever that's how the car game works. Sometimes you drive it home, sometimes you don't want it after you saw and drove it. A simple phone call and conversation is usually enough to figure out the seller is willing to haggle, and pictures should be a good idea of what kind of condition it is in. But I don't care, if someone low balls me without seeing it in person, like 30% or more less than what im asking, I will tell the person to piss off cause most of the time they cant even call you, its in a txt. pussies.
I get what your saying, for me if I don't have time to yakk on the phone, or I can't call during a reasonable hour, so I send a PM or e-mail. If the seller is offended (and I'll admit I had lowballers offend me, but it's usually the tone not the price that pisses me off) then I just don't pursue it any further.

One that really pissed me off- I had a 53 F100 that was a daily driver- looked ok but no show truck. I wanted $900, I got a voice mail offering me $250 for the 'Sanford and Son truck'. The Sanford and Son remark somehow ticked me off more than the $250 offer- hell Sanford and Son had a 48 F-1, not a 53 F-100!
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #13466
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 12,354
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
Beer
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
Beer


I don't think your thoughts are very random. this is all within the past week.
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
1946 CJ2a "The Kernel"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad
1984 Trac Escot
1989 Cub Cadet 1320
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #13467
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,482
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I don't think your thoughts are very random. this is all within the past week.
Maybe they are all different beers?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #13468
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,615
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I get what your saying, for me if I don't have time to yakk on the phone, or I can't call during a reasonable hour, so I send a PM or e-mail. If the seller is offended (and I'll admit I had lowballers offend me, but it's usually the tone not the price that pisses me off) then I just don't pursue it any further.
If I have time to spend a few grand on a vehicle, and expecally if I want to put in a lower offer, then I have the few minutes to chat on the phone to get more information IMO, to see if its something I want to peruse further. However I don't have any problem with someone PMing me questions or anything, but I just don't respect the lowball offers that way, sight unseen. But then again im a very honest seller, sometimes way to honest.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:06 PM   #13469
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,482
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by montecarlo33 View Post
If I have time to spend a few grand on a vehicle, and expecally if I want to put in a lower offer, then I have the few minutes to chat on the phone to get more information IMO. However I don't have any problem with someone PMing me questions or anything, but I just don't respect the lowball offers that way, sight unseen. But then again im a very honest seller, sometimes way to honest.
That's the exception anymore. More people (especially c-list) post up some turd and expect to hit the lotto with it.

I tend to put as much effort into inquiring about an item as the seller puts into the ad trying to sell it.

Two lines and a blurry cell phone pic gets the lowball every time. A decent- and readable- description and a few clear photos will get a more realistic offer. I generally start out with a PM along the lines of "We all know the dance, you want $XXXX, I'll give you $XXX.... let me know if you are willing to talk further"
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #13470
feva4u
LCG
 
feva4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

I don't give discounts to people who don't want to haggle face to face. Catch me with the right mood and he might have left with it for that, but not with an initial offer in an email with no interest in seeing the vehicle. Besides, what's a reliable DD worth these days.........Cash for clunkers killed the cheap used car market. At my asking price I'm $800 below everything else to get rid of it. Price is fair, I usually get my asking price because I price to sell and won't normally move. If the shocks/struts/lower arms/balljoints and wheel bearings had more than 10k miles on them it'd be a different story
__________________
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:16 PM   #13471
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,615
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
I don't give discounts to people who don't want to haggle face to face. Catch me with the right mood and he might have left with it for that, but not with an initial offer in an email with no interest in seeing the vehicle.
exactly my point. 100% agree.


You have a link to the car?
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #13472
feva4u
LCG
 
feva4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

PM sent.
__________________
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #13473
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,615
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
PM sent.
I will keep my ears open over here. Looks like a great car, I need something like that very soon, but my garage on my new house needs a roof first. GLWS.
montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #13474
feva4u
LCG
 
feva4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

I went from 8 down to 5, this is the last to get to the goal of 4
__________________
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #13475
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,984
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I don't think your thoughts are very random. this is all within the past week.
sorry I just say what comes to mind
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 03:44 PM   #13476
jbsjunk
Wheelies
 
jbsjunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Almost Allendale Mi
Posts: 16,652
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I don't think your thoughts are very random. this is all within the past week.
Give him a break. He's working on a 6 pack.
jbsjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:28 PM   #13477
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 12,354
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsjunk View Post
Give him a break. He's working on a 6 pack.
Gargle my balls
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
1946 CJ2a "The Kernel"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad
1984 Trac Escot
1989 Cub Cadet 1320

Last edited by Lousypirate; September 5th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #13478
dirtygirl
Classy Bitch
 
dirtygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-10
Location: Cutlerville, MI
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Default

Its a good thing I work in a hospital because I might just go down tonight from sleep deprivation...just 7 hours left to stay standing.
dirtygirl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #13479
jbsjunk
Wheelies
 
jbsjunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Almost Allendale Mi
Posts: 16,652
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
Gargle my balls
Meballs
Beer.
jbsjunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2013, 05:02 PM   #13480
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 12,354
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbsjunk View Post
Beer.
lay some pipe
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
1946 CJ2a "The Kernel"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad
1984 Trac Escot
1989 Cub Cadet 1320
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
alex456123is a homo, alex456123isghey, cc is gay as aids, dirtygirl thinks im hot, douchy douchbag, i reported myself, jbsjunklicksmyballz, just sayin, kickstand is a douche, kickstand is ghey, lol ss reads the tags, meballs, meow?, report that post!, shanelee78isgay, skin that dog!!, slipperyshithole, steveo = prison bitch, steveo is an asshole, steveo is awesome, steveo is still learking, steveo sucks cock!, steveo_sandusky, touches little boys, whyhesgreasyhands

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.45293 seconds with 82 queries