|December 12th, 2012, 12:47 PM||#21|
|January 7th, 2013, 06:45 PM||#22|
What you can't see (and I will get photos later) is how how I have Taurus SHO fans hidden in the factory shroud, very clean.
Just have to make/adapt/modify some radiator hoses so i can hook up the SBC to the 6.2L diesel radiator.
and now even more complete!
I also replaced the TBI injector connectors because they were nasty, I'm surprised they even fired. next is install plug wires, fill with fluids and pray.
I went to hook up the hydroboost on this but the new pumps don't have an outlet on the bottom, so I just traced the line back to the hydroboost unit and plugged it, I assume that is what is needed to do on these with the newer style pump.
That and I have no idea what the connector goes to that you see by my heater core lines…
Last edited by Rx7Kevin; January 7th, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
|June 20th, 2013, 09:06 AM||#23|
Long time no update! Well some good news and some bad news. the good news is that I got that engine in and had it mobile for a bit. dropped it off with my roommate to take into school (hes a shop teacher) so it was parked indoors for majority of winter while the students did the following:
Front axle fluid
Rear Axle fluid
front sway bar bushings
front sway bar endlinks
intake manifold gasket
idler arm/pitman arm
outer tie rod ends (damn these things were huge!!!!!)
power steering flush
header-back exhaust (not really new piping but modified to fit exisitng leaky exhaust)
All the easy bitch work that I didn't want to do.
Then the engine went out, I heard a low end knocking (like main bearing) but I haven't heard it in a while, right now its got a squeak thats intermittent timing and I'm wondering if a cam lobe is ground down...
and all the TBI electronics are crappy (read corodded connectors, wiring, sensors) making it virtually useless. Roomate came in handy with spare parts so now the engine build has changed.
torn on fuel right now, I really don't want to drop the tank+tank skidplate to go to mechanical pump but I dunno if I have the coin to get a regulator that goes from 18psi-5psi.. I use one on my rx7 that would work but its about a 140 dollar regulator...
SO I gave up with craiglist and got spendy....
4-bolt main with 2-piece rear main seal
Cast iron crankshaft
LT1/LT4 powdered metal connecting rods
Cast pistons (dished)
Hydraulic flat tappet cam (.383''/.401'' and 112° lobe separation)
Cast iron cylinder heads with 76cc chambers
8.5:1 compression ratio
Block is compatible with left or right side oil dipstick (Requires Plug for Unused Side - Plugs are Included)
4-quart oil pan
350tq, 260hp w/ 4bbl+headers
and free shipping to my door and 3 year 100k mile warranty!
Now the old one has to come out (should be today after work) Anyone need a good core+ extras????
I had to get a new flywheel because of the 1piece to 2 piece crank, but do I need a new harmonic balancer too?
also, updated and painted the grille:
Roomate's 454 1976 Camaro is in the background.
Last edited by Rx7Kevin; June 20th, 2013 at 09:31 AM.
|June 24th, 2013, 01:29 PM||#24|
|August 15th, 2013, 11:11 AM||#28|
cleaned up the grille, installed choke and cruised her around some more and removed a bunch of useless TBI wiring.
also note front spoiler installed :)
I picked up some brackets from a fellow member and so far the belt issue has gone away! with the older style block it lacks a threaded hole in the head for the accy brackets to mount it would want to half slip the belt.
Still need to locate some new un broken headlamp bezels, locate missing vertical plastic chrome pieces on grille, repaint and reinstall.
Picked up an edelbrock chrome 14" intake instead of that stupid triangle flow foam crap. (pics to come later) but I still need to route/buy wire routing clips to make it looks nice under the hood.
And still more to go!
next on the list (aside from serp belt situation):
1. Replace Windshield
2. Fix dome light issue (on at all times)
3. Find and install a radio.
4. Find matching hella lamp and install on bumper.
5. re-attach rear AC motor/unit (its kinda hanging there by a few screws...
|August 23rd, 2013, 01:40 PM||#29|
got about 500 miles on the new engine. runs good probably recheck-and adjust timing soon now that its broken in a bit. Commuting 40 miles a day in this back and forth to work is pretty annoying at times but I'm used to being stuck in traffic in a small car now I can see whats going on ahead at least and try to avoid it..
It was also funny driving around my Japanese co-worker in it on lunch the other day.
anywhoo, replaced the rear bumper!
Thats the only damage/rust on this beast, if I knew how to fix it - I would. But thats not important now...
and added some nuts because I got them as a joke gift a while back.
Got the rear AC system reinstalled correctly it is functional however it only works on high and I have no air compressor but its nice to know its there. Resto mod continues...
windshield! (next week)
bilstein shocks (september)
body mounts (TBD)
thinking of painting it back to white...