Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:46 PM   #12561
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,992
iTrader: (19)
The mechanical contractor that is doing the steam piping on the job that I am on had 11 weld leaks in one room. How on earth can you have enough skill to pass the weld test and still suck that bad?? I'm thinking somebody is being fraudulent on their certifications.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:54 PM   #12562
Lousypirate
Jake from State Farm
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,683
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
The mechanical contractor that is doing the steam piping on the job that I am on had 11 weld leaks in one room. How on earth can you have enough skill to pass the weld test and still suck that bad?? I'm thinking somebody is being fraudulent on their certifications.
I've talked to a couple mdot tester s for bridge welding. They told me that more get certified than are actually capable.

Last i knew, my dad was one of twelve in the state that are certified. The testers said that of the twelve, only 5-6 were actually that good. (My dad must have been one of them lol)

Anybody can get lucky once. Can't you pass with just one weld? There is also a bunch of other types of pipe welder certification also.

I know my dad and grandpa always just opted for the most difficult weld to get certification for all pipe. I know it is on a 45, something like single pass or continuous bead or something
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #12563
Lousypirate
Jake from State Farm
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,683
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I love the warm and fuzzies I get when I sell someone their first handgun. It's even better when you include a free lesson of basic maintenance, full break down, operation and safety procedures too.

Not only do you have one more person equipped to protect their family but you also leave them confident in their ability to properly use the tool you provided.
I'll let you have some warm and fuzzies if you want to give me a handgun.

Notice i said have, not give.
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #12564
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,992
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I've talked to a couple mdot tester s for bridge welding. They told me that more get certified than are actually capable.

Last i knew, my dad was one of twelve in the state that are certified. The testers said that of the twelve, only 5-6 were actually that good. (My dad must have been one of them lol)

Anybody can get lucky once. Can't you pass with just one weld? There is also a bunch of other types of pipe welder certification also.

I know my dad and grandpa always just opted for the most difficult weld to get certification for all pipe. I know it is on a 45, something like single pass or continuous bead or something
There are a ton of pipe certs, it just depends on what you do. Just between my stainless and carbon certs I have taken 7 separate tests. To be certified in all positions you must test in the 6g position which is the pipe on a 45 degree angle. 11 leaks is just amazing to me to have in one room. I don't know any welders (that are still employed) that have had more than 5 in an entire career.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #12565
SS
Fighting Uruk-Hai!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 10,444
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
I'll let you have some warm and fuzzies if you want to give me a handgun.

Notice i said have, not give.
Da fuq?
__________________
-Jeremy

White hand of Saruman.
SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:36 PM   #12566
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by curbdog17 View Post
neck flip
+2500
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:39 PM   #12567
jhnyquest
goof ball
 
jhnyquest's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-26-08
Location: West Olive
Posts: 23,280
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
+2500
I get that a lot.
__________________
TRENT FAB
RIGID INDUSTRIES
jhnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #12568
Lousypirate
Jake from State Farm
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,683
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
There are a ton of pipe certs, it just depends on what you do. Just between my stainless and carbon certs I have taken 7 separate tests. To be certified in all positions you must test in the 6g position which is the pipe on a 45 degree angle. 11 leaks is just amazing to me to have in one room. I don't know any welders (that are still employed) that have had more than 5 in an entire career.
Must be some short careers

I wouldn't feel that bad if I had one a year.
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #12569
GREASYHANDS
Bloody Knuckles
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Nunica
Posts: 11,664
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
+2500
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
2 old xj's
Meow
GREASYHANDS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:52 PM   #12570
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhnyquest View Post
I get that a lot.
That's an addictive game.
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 08:56 PM   #12571
Lousypirate
Jake from State Farm
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Norton Shores 49441
Posts: 8,683
iTrader: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
That's an addictive game.
Until you have to get your phone wiped and have to start from scratch.
__________________
77 Chevy K30 partout thread
94 12v dually partout



Have you given your life up to traction lately?
Lousypirate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #12572
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,992
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
Must be some short careers

I wouldn't feel that bad if I had one a year.
I have never had a leak. Be careful and you are good.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #12573
jhnyquest
goof ball
 
jhnyquest's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-26-08
Location: West Olive
Posts: 23,280
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
That's an addictive game.
Its horrible. I wish you didn't have to start over at the beginning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
Until you have to get your phone wiped and have to start from scratch.
I had my phone wiped a few weeks ago and I told the kid I wanted my games saved. It took a bit longer to get my phone back but everything is still there.
__________________
TRENT FAB
RIGID INDUSTRIES
jhnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #12574
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
I have to either turn the sound off or put in headphones. The constant motor noise and cha-chinging o the coins has driven my wife insane!
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #12575
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 2,614
iTrader: (1)
I have has enough of stupid fucking people. I know I have the rest of my life to deal with these stupid fucks. I have been here many times but can never remember what gets me beyond this bullshit. I see failure everywhere. The stupidity is far beyond imagination. Make it stop.
Jiveturkey3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #12576
dirtygirl
Classy Bitch
 
dirtygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-10
Location: G-rap, MI
Posts: 1,174
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I have has enough of stupid fucking people. I know I have the rest of my life to deal with these stupid fucks. I have been here many times but can never remember what gets me beyond this bullshit. I see failure everywhere. The stupidity is far beyond imagination. Make it stop.

Alcohol.....lots and lots of alcohol
dirtygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 12:58 AM   #12577
dirtygirl
Classy Bitch
 
dirtygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-10
Location: G-rap, MI
Posts: 1,174
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
I love the warm and fuzzies I get when I sell someone their first handgun. It's even better when you include a free lesson of basic maintenance, full break down, operation and safety procedures too.

Not only do you have one more person equipped to protect their family but you also leave them confident in their ability to properly use the tool you provided.
You just turned guns into a hallmark worthy moment.




Idk if that makes sense.....I did in my head
dirtygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #12578
dirtygirl
Classy Bitch
 
dirtygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-10
Location: G-rap, MI
Posts: 1,174
iTrader: (0)
Mmmmm chow-chow



.....okay 3 posts in a row, ill shut up I'm starting to sound like defiance665
dirtygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 04:37 AM   #12579
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,226
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtygirl View Post
Mmmmm chow-chow



.....okay 3 posts in a row, ill shut up I'm starting to sound like defiance665
It could be worst. You could sound like steveo...

Is it still gay porn when a chick post it? Or does it turn into something less derogatory?
__________________
Motors hate me, axles fear me.

I got your jeep thing, now my damn Chevy wont start, and its missing a wheel.
My build: http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=206107
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2013, 06:19 AM   #12580
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,268
iTrader: (44)
Although my balls are a bit tight it is a gloriously chilly morning!
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Tags
alex456123is a homo, alex456123isghey, dirtygirl thinks im hot, greasyhands licks balls, jbsjunklicksmyballz, just sayin, kickstand is a douche, kickstand is ghey, lol ss reads the tags, meballs, meepmeep, meow?, report that post!, skin that dog!!, slipperyshithole, squashemdead, ss has jobs., steveo = prison bitch, steveo is an asshole, steveo is awesome, steveo is still learking, steveo sucks cock!, steveo_sandusky, touches little boys, whyhesgreasyhands

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.37112 seconds with 53 queries