A family moving out of state threw away this little Gem - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:20 PM   #21
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,055
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post
they sell though, i've got like 2-3 of them. They made a whole bunch of them.

also just because they're cheap doesn't make them not collectable.
How do you not know how many you have if its only "like 2-3 of them"?
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:26 PM   #22
Mr.Green456123
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green456123's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,300
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post
they sell though, i've got like 2-3 of them. They made a whole bunch of them.

also just because they're cheap doesn't make them not collectable.
True. Rocks are real cheap and some people collect them too.
Mr.Green456123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:41 PM   #23
Disco Stocker
№ ℮ Ђ ώқ Θה ς├│ﺝ
 
Disco Stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-06
Location: Lansing, Mi
Posts: 1,321
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
How do you not know how many you have if its only "like 2-3 of them"?
If he is like me I have 2-4 Traxxas slashes. It means I have 2 complete rtr slashes and a parts bin with the ability to possibly make 2 more.
Disco Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 03:44 PM   #24
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,135
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
How do you not know how many you have if its only "like 2-3 of them"?


i know there is a blackfoot sitting there, there is a super blackfoot all the way to the left, i'm quite sure i have another blackfoot chassies around somewhere along with a few gear boxes and what not. pretty sure there is a frog in there somewhere too.
skife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:07 PM   #25
GREASYHANDS
Newbie
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 13,856
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
True. Rocks are real cheap and some people collect them too.
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 04:57 PM   #26
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,346
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post


i know there is a blackfoot sitting there, there is a super blackfoot all the way to the left, i'm quite sure i have another blackfoot chassies around somewhere along with a few gear boxes and what not. pretty sure there is a frog in there somewhere too.
That doesn't look anything like what the OP posted. Actually it looks like a bunch or garbage.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:06 PM   #27
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,135
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
That doesn't look anything like what the OP posted. Actually it looks like a bunch or garbage.
technically it is "garbage" most of it came out of the trash.

the gold one on the right was a running/driving blackfoot before i blew up differential. The black one on the left is actually a decent super blackfoot.

the white body buggy next to it is a losi xxx kinwald edition, the top right is a Associated RC10-t there is also a very clean RC10 gold tub buggy right in the middle. i've have various other r/c stuff around my basement also.
skife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 05:14 PM   #28
itselliott
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-20-06
Location: Walhalla
Posts: 1,823
iTrader: (80)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Hopefully you pay for their hep shots
Having parallel thoughts.
itselliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 06:48 PM   #29
mikef
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-21-08
Location: michigan
Posts: 211
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Just unloaded abunch of clodbusters for an alt 50 for the kid. Well, it was awhile ago, but large amounts of pretty obsolete stuff is valuable to some people. Had less than $200 in the whole stash.

Growing up; a buddy had a blackfoot. We would jump pepsi boxes with it and thought it was all the rage because it was faster than the radio shack ones most kids had (myself included)
mikef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 06:55 PM   #30
LS6454
Senior Member
 
LS6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-12-09
Location: MI
Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

How much you want for it ? Iam very heavy into the rc hobby with about 40 rc vehicles right now. What ever you do dont put a 2s lipo to that ! It will smoke the stock trans in a blink of and eye !
LS6454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:47 AM   #31
Disco Stocker
№ ℮ Ђ ώқ Θה ς├│ﺝ
 
Disco Stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-06
Location: Lansing, Mi
Posts: 1,321
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I know your heavy into the hobby. I just don't know what they are worth to shoot a figure out. Its not complete im missing one servo to put it back to stock. It has one scratch in the back body and a broken light on the roll bar. I cant find the battery "AA" harness for the servo either. I wonder how hard it is to find a 18 year old servo because right now it has a esc on it. This is every thing that I got with it. Yes I know there is a toilet seat in the pic I laid every thing out in the basement bathroom because I can lock it and keep my kids out.

I never know what to ask because condition is everything. But I was thinking of getting a new brushless system for my slash so some green might help.

Last edited by Disco Stocker; August 1st, 2013 at 10:52 AM.
Disco Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:25 AM   #32
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Many people bypassed the AA harness and ran the servos off the main battery. My dad did it to his, just watch your ass when the battery gets low because it will stick the throttle wide open and you have no steering lol.

EBay they were around a hundred bucks.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #33
yoopermike
Senior Member
 
yoopermike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-05-10
Location: McMillan, MI
Posts: 111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sweet find. I still have an old Tamiya Super Sabre that I built when I was 12 that's pretty beat up. Amazingly, the old batteries still take a charge, and last a few minutes.
yoopermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 05:56 PM   #34
zjguy721
Insomniac
 
zjguy721's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-06
Location: Hartland/Milford, MI
Posts: 1,117
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

From a performance standpoint, the older Tamiyas don't even compare to the newer stuff. These are popular from a shelf queen or nostalgia standpoint. If the running gear/electronics are old, like said above, don't do LiPo, you'll probably blow something up.

My opinion (after 20+ years in the hobby and more rigs than I can remember) would be if you want something to bash around with, sell it to an interested party and invest in a newer model. Better in so many ways. If you like to have a shelf queen and just putter around with it a bit, then you've got a nice find on your hands. =)
zjguy721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:15 PM   #35
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,135
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zjguy721 View Post
From a performance standpoint, the older Tamiyas don't even compare to the newer stuff. These are popular from a shelf queen or nostalgia standpoint. If the running gear/electronics are old, like said above, don't do LiPo, you'll probably blow something up.

My opinion (after 20+ years in the hobby and more rigs than I can remember) would be if you want something to bash around with, sell it to an interested party and invest in a newer model. Better in so many ways. If you like to have a shelf queen and just putter around with it a bit, then you've got a nice find on your hands. =)

FYI i've blown up 2 gear boxes with a 18t motor.
skife is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:48 PM   #36
LS6454
Senior Member
 
LS6454's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-12-09
Location: MI
Posts: 1,382
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stocker View Post
I know your heavy into the hobby. I just don't know what they are worth to shoot a figure out. Its not complete im missing one servo to put it back to stock. It has one scratch in the back body and a broken light on the roll bar. I cant find the battery "AA" harness for the servo either. I wonder how hard it is to find a 18 year old servo because right now it has a esc on it. This is every thing that I got with it. Yes I know there is a toilet seat in the pic I laid every thing out in the basement bathroom because I can lock it and keep my kids out.

I never know what to ask because condition is everything. But I was thinking of getting a new brushless system for my slash so some green might help.
Honestly its not worth that much. With Tamiya repopping them it dropped the value of the older models. Which in turn pissed off allot of people who collected the older models. And on another hand it made it possible to get the parts that were hard to find and quickly disappearing.

You can use any standard size servo for the steering. They all have pretty much the same plug style. Some of the plugs have alittle tab on them that needs to be trimmed off to make them fit inside of the RX. I have several servos and have one that should work for you just fine. Also a BEC ( battery elimination connector) which bypasses the need for the 4 double A battery's you wont need if your running a ESC.
LS6454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:01 PM   #37
JEFF
Hold my beer!!
 
JEFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-06
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 962
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Good find, Pretty much a shelf queen as parts are kinda hard to come by. Sell it to someone who really wants it and use the money to support your other hobbies. I'd say what you have pictured is worth $60 to $80 bucks.


Last edited by JEFF; August 1st, 2013 at 10:07 PM.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:15 PM   #38
Disco Stocker
№ ℮ Ђ ώқ Θה ς├│ﺝ
 
Disco Stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-06
Location: Lansing, Mi
Posts: 1,321
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

60 huh well sounds like its no better than a Walmart rc. I'll just give it to my kids to junk.
Disco Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 10:32 PM   #39
JEFF
Hold my beer!!
 
JEFF's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-06
Location: Hamburg
Posts: 962
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stocker View Post
60 huh well sounds like its no better than a Walmart rc. I'll just give it to my kids to junk.
Unless someone really wants it and will pay you more.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 11:36 PM   #40
sdwaigle
Senior Member
 
sdwaigle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-25-07
Location: Blissfield, MI
Posts: 1,212
iTrader: (52)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I have a blackfoot ,always wanted a Willy s
sdwaigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35253 seconds with 82 queries