Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Jeep Tech
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #181
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyj87 View Post
Lol looks just like my day at the drag strip w/ a 4.0. And 35s

1st gear- take the hole shot get out in front....winning

2nd gear - everyone's v8s w/ autos are getting to the "top" of their 1st gear and they are catching up quickly.

3rd gear sounds like a day at MIS, V8S blowing by. its over, everyone but the guy on the 125cc dirt bike beat me.

I'm the first one back to the line because it only took me 3seconds to slow down.



Should read "schooling everyone's v8s in the first 100 feet then getting raped by
displacement."



Let me be clear, my jeep is slow. If driven agressivly the exaggerated body roll from my ladder bar and flywheel momentum that barks the tires when slamming 2nd give the illusion of a fast jeep. However, I am fully aware that my jeep is slow. Hell a stock 5.3 powered wrangler is slow in the grand scheme.




If you want a jeep that's going to lay down the law your going to need a school bus engine, large stack of green and driving skills.
I thought I was done with this thread but I will explain a few things you are confused about. Since you obviously dont know about drag racing I will help you out.

The person who gets to the end of the track first wins unless they are disqualified for redlighting. Period.
I dont give a fukc about how fast it looks like other cars are going at the end,it doesnt matter. They lost, period. The reason it looks like they are going so much faster is because I am off the gas and on the brakes before the track turned into 3' mogals. I dont have a prerunner so I slow down.
If you shut your fucking mouth and actually watch the video you will see that I moved the starting line back farther on the third race, and ran longer on the second run then anyone else was doing. I did this so I could use another gear and stretch my lead out farther, which I did.
Sand dragging is done on a 300' track. I would guess the track at the dunes was over 500' before it got really bumpy.
If we only raced 300' like a real track they would have looked worse because a few trucks were running faster then me, but not nearly as quick.
Drag racing is much more about the right combonation then horsepower or trap speed.

Of course a tj with a 5.3 is slow in the grand scheme. My cousins jeep is well over 1000 hp and he is a national record holder. In the grand scheme his shit is slow also when compared to the top fuel guys in dragsters.

If you want to be another douchbag feel free. If you want to go for a ride in a tj that lights tires in second instead of barking them come introduce yourself.

My jeep is not fast, it runs well for a 6cyl. I invite anyone running their mouth to find out how well.
If you beat me with a 4000lb 6cyl daily driven trail jeep I will admit that my shit is slow.
Untill you actually race me nothing anyone here says means shit.

Im just about done with gl4x4 as everyone here seems to live to be a asshole.
I come here to help people when they need advice not slam people for talking about what they enjoy doing.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #182
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
Nowhere did I say my jeep was fast


I am so very confused.
I said that so a certain asshole would waste a bunch of time picking my posts apart. You just took the bait instead of the asshole. My jeep is fast. For a 6 banga.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #183
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Jeep stroker vs everyones V8s - YouTube


"Don't fukc with a 6 cyl "

Lolllllll
Thats what I tell everyone to make sure they know they were outrun by a six banga.
Just a little jab for fun.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #184
CheapThrillB2
FAWK YEAH!!
 
CheapThrillB2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-06
Location: Middleville, MI
Posts: 30,823
iTrader: (61)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Took the bait sure seems your awefully butthurt to me .

CheapThrillB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #185
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by feva4u View Post
My gtp v6 stock makes more power than douchbags stroker lol
Who gives a fukc ? My nephews gtp runs deep in the twelves and puts over 300 to the wheels. It has nothing to do with the op. My stroker has everything to do with the op.

Fucking douchbag.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #186
yyj87
Senior Member
 
yyj87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-10
Location: Traverse city(Silver Lake)
Posts: 1,671
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljense8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I thought I was done with this thread but I will explain a few things you are confused about. Since you obviously dont know about drag racing I will help you out.

The person who gets to the end of the track first wins unless they are disqualified for redlighting. Period.
I dont give a fukc about how fast it looks like other cars are going at the end,it doesnt matter. They lost, period. The reason it looks like they are going so much faster is because I am off the gas and on the brakes before the track turned into 3' mogals. I dont have a prerunner so I slow down.
If you shut your fucking mouth and actually watch the video you will see that I moved the starting line back farther on the third race, and ran longer on the second run then anyone else was doing. I did this so I could use another gear and stretch my lead out farther, which I did.
Sand dragging is done on a 300' track. I would guess the track at the dunes was over 500' before it got really bumpy.
If we only raced 300' like a real track they would have looked worse because a few trucks were running faster then me, but not nearly as quick.
Drag racing is much more about the right combonation then horsepower or trap speed.

Of course a tj with a 5.3 is slow in the grand scheme. My cousins jeep is well over 1000 hp and he is a national record holder. In the grand scheme his shit is slow also when compared to the top fuel guys in dragsters.

If you want to be another douchbag feel free. If you want to go for a ride in a tj that lights tires in second instead of barking them come introduce yourself.

My jeep is not fast, it runs well for a 6cyl. I invite anyone running their mouth to find out how well.
If you beat me with a 4000lb 6cyl daily driven trail jeep I will admit that my shit is slow.
Untill you actually race me nothing anyone here says means shit.

Im just about done with gl4x4 as everyone here seems to live to be a asshole.
I come here to help people when they need advice not slam people for talking about what they enjoy doing.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
Took the bait sure seems your awefully butthurt to me .

Hook line and sinker!




Like telling a 20 year old college skank your ready to settle down and have kids
yyj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #187
yyj87
Senior Member
 
yyj87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-10
Location: Traverse city(Silver Lake)
Posts: 1,671
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Let me expand my previous post.....


By page 6ish just about every legit option had been explained to the op, I contributed what I could.

After page 6ish this threat quickly turned into one guy bragging about his tuned up 6 cyl that would run with a cute widdle 5.3 in stock form.

This is when the trolling started. You seem to the one confused, your the only one posting about wheelingin the last 3 pages.


Gl4x4.... I come here for the same reason your running away.


IMHO, the op needs a goal.

Ask yourself this question.... Do I want to be fast or do I want it to wheel well?
yyj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #188
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheapThrillB2 View Post
Took the bait sure seems your awefully butthurt to me .

Not butt hurt just really, really sick of the assholes and idiots. My freinds are amazed I still waste my time here maybe it's time to follow their lead and gtfo.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #189
feva4u
LCG
 
feva4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 10,334
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Not butt hurt just really, really sick of the assholes and idiots. My freinds are amazed I still waste my time here maybe it's time to follow their lead and gtfo.
Bring your pos up here and I'll race it with every vehicle I own......you chicken mcfly?
It has to be a stock jeep on 31's with the of road skids and mono tube shocks with and aftermarket CD player, seat covers and new air fresheners or it's not really a fair race. We will race to 10' and see who is laughing......I bet you miss a shift!!!!!
__________________
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:27 PM   #190
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,753
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Not butt hurt just really, really sick of the assholes and idiots. My freinds are amazed I still waste my time here maybe it's time to follow their lead and gtfo.
Quit getting sensitive and stick around. There's a lot of good here but when things don't add up, people will question it.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #191
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,301
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Quit getting sensitive and stick around. There's a lot of good here but when things don't add up, people will question it.
Or when you keep repeating that you can beat any V8 with your 6 banga and keep saying "its not fast"

Good for you, want a cookie?

Its the tone of your posts that make people want to jab ya.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:23 PM   #192
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 4,071
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Or when you keep repeating that you can beat any V8 with your 6 banga and keep saying "its not fast"

Good for you, want a cookie?

Its the tone of your posts that make people want to jab ya.
why must you all be so mean

for get it i'm out of here your all dicks
1 ton tj on 40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:38 PM   #193
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake
Posts: 11,162
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

a 3550 is a tuff tranny. use the nsg370 adapter,stock 4.8 flywheel and clutch.make the clutch rod longer..done.(this setup can be had cheap if you search) the 231 will break. a 241 will break, joe has a atlas..i have a 4500 and a 205.because we broke all the stock stuff.i went to the 4500 for gearing options.my 3550 was holding up fine.
5.3 screw those strokers
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:42 PM   #194
Eric04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: Mt Morris
Posts: 1,217
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Not butt hurt just really, really sick of the assholes and idiots. My freinds are amazed I still waste my time here maybe it's time to follow their lead and gtfo.
Eric04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #195
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
a 3550 is a tuff tranny. use the nsg370 adapter,stock 4.8 flywheel and clutch.make the clutch rod longer..done.(this setup can be had cheap if you search) the 231 will break. a 241 will break, joe has a atlas..i have a 4500 and a 205.because we broke all the stock stuff.i went to the 4500 for gearing options.my 3550 was holding up fine.
5.3 screw those strokers
You're missing the two other things you have. Money. Mechanical skills to do the work.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 08:55 PM   #196
Porscheguy
Senior Member
 
Porscheguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-11
Location: Holland, mi
Posts: 411
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

This is what I have in my 99 TJ.... Summer DD

2005 5.3 w/30k miles/ cast iron block
HP tuners custom factory harness
2005 4165E trans/ built like a brick shit house
1994 NP 241 tcase w/ JB super short SYE
coan 2500 converter
8.8 ford rear 31 spline axles w/Trac Lock 4.10 gears
Trussed Dana 44 front/ Yukon Locker
D&R f&r cv driveshafts
B&M rachet shifter
dual exhaust w/manual cut outs
stainless mufflers
Aluminum Radiator
4.5 superlift arms w/ teraflex springs....
Aluminum rims
35 tires

For a DD it's pretty quick... turns the tires in 1st and breaks the back end loose when I grab second. I can cruise at 65 and still get good MPG as it turns about 1600 RPM. 80 mph is no problem, and I have been well over the triple digit mark. I hope to put in a cam, valve springs, and a low profile oil pan this winter. If your ever in Holland send me a pm and I'll take you for a ride.... Can't say too much about the stroker, but a 5.3 in a 3000lbs ish jeep will put a smile on your face, if it's set up correctly!






Last edited by Porscheguy; June 24th, 2013 at 09:07 PM.
Porscheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #197
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,171
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Im just about done with gl4x4 as everyone here seems to live to be a asshole.
I come here to help people when they need advice not slam people for talking about what they enjoy doing.
Ya a lot of the members on here are rude and like to make fun of people just to amuse themselves. Personally some are assholes just because they know more about certain things so they think they're better than the one asking questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
Who gives a fukc ? My nephews gtp runs deep in the twelves and puts over 300 to the wheels. It has nothing to do with the op. My stroker has everything to do with the op.

Fucking douchbag.
You did say your jeep was fast and bragged but I know you meant for a 6 cylinder which clearly some didn't. I appreciate the help though glad you gave me some incite on a stroker wish everyone on here was as helpful. Forums are created to provide information on topics and to learn by researching and asking questions not to harp on other members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyj87 View Post
Let me expand my previous post.....


By page 6ish just about every legit option had been explained to the op, I contributed what I could.

After page 6ish this threat quickly turned into one guy bragging about his tuned up 6 cyl that would run with a cute widdle 5.3 in stock form.

This is when the trolling started. You seem to the one confused, your the only one posting about wheelingin the last 3 pages.


Gl4x4.... I come here for the same reason your running away.


IMHO, the op needs a goal.

Ask yourself this question.... Do I want to be fast or do I want it to wheel well?
I agree with you as well can't we all just get a bong

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
a 3550 is a tuff tranny. use the nsg370 adapter,stock 4.8 flywheel and clutch.make the clutch rod longer..done.(this setup can be had cheap if you search) the 231 will break. a 241 will break, joe has a atlas..i have a 4500 and a 205.because we broke all the stock stuff.i went to the 4500 for gearing options.my 3550 was holding up fine.
5.3 screw those strokers
Nsg370 adapter will work with nv3550? 4.8 flywheel bolts up to the 5.3? Where can I get the longer clutch rod? I know 4500s are strong but aren't they bread truck transmissions and shift too slow....

Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
This is what I have in my 99 TJ.... Summer DD

2005 5.3 w/30k miles/ cast iron block
HP tuners custom factory harness
2005 4165E trans/ built like a brick shit house
1994 NP 241 tcase w/ JB super short SYE
coan 2500 converter
8.8 ford rear 31 spline axles w/Trac Lock 4.10 gears
Trussed Dana 44 front/ Yukon Locker
D&R f&r cv driveshafts
B&M rachet shifter
dual exhaust w/manual cut outs
stainless mufflers
Aluminum Radiator
4.5 superlift arms w/ teraflex springs....
Aluminum rims
35 tires

For a DD it's pretty quick... turns the tires in 1st and breaks the back end loose when I grab second. I can cruise at 65 and still get good MPG as it turns about 1600 RPM. 80 mph is no problem, and I have been well over the triple digit mark. I hope to put in a cam, valve springs, and a low profile oil pan this winter. If your ever in Holland send me a pm and I'll take you for a ride.... Can't say too much about the stroker, but a 5.3 in a 3000lbs ish jeep will put a smile on your face, if it's set up correctly!





Nice jeep. What did your trans and tcase come out of?
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #198
Porscheguy
Senior Member
 
Porscheguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-17-11
Location: Holland, mi
Posts: 411
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

T-case was out of a 1994 chevy truck

the 4l65e can be found in Escalade, Silverado SS, Hummer H2, Trailblazer SS, Corvette LS6 or LS2, Pontiac GTO, and any 1/2 ton truck with 6.0L

To put a 5.3 into your jeep plan on spending north of 5k
Porscheguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 09:51 PM   #199
yyj87
Senior Member
 
yyj87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-10
Location: Traverse city(Silver Lake)
Posts: 1,671
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porscheguy View Post
This is what I have in my 99 TJ.... Summer DD

2005 5.3 w/30k miles/ cast iron block
HP tuners custom factory harness
2005 4165E trans/ built like a brick shit house
1994 NP 241 tcase w/ JB super short SYE
coan 2500 converter
8.8 ford rear 31 spline axles w/Trac Lock 4.10 gears
Trussed Dana 44 front/ Yukon Locker
D&R f&r cv driveshafts
B&M rachet shifter
dual exhaust w/manual cut outs
stainless mufflers
Aluminum Radiator
4.5 superlift arms w/ teraflex springs....
Aluminum rims
35 tires

For a DD it's pretty quick... turns the tires in 1st and breaks the back end loose when I grab second. I can cruise at 65 and still get good MPG as it turns about 1600 RPM. 80 mph is no problem, and I have been well over the triple digit mark. I hope to put in a cam, valve springs, and a low profile oil pan this winter. If your ever in Holland send me a pm and I'll take you for a ride.... Can't say too much about the stroker, but a 5.3 in a 3000lbs ish jeep will put a smile on your face, if it's set up correctly!






I love the front tubes!
yyj87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #200
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,765
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4you View Post
Ya a lot of the members on here are rude and like to make fun of people just to amuse themselves. Personally some are assholes just because they know more about certain things so they think they're better than the one asking questions.



Nsg370 adapter will work with nv3550? 4.8 flywheel bolts up to the 5.3? Where can I get the longer clutch rod? I know 4500s are strong but aren't they bread truck transmissions and shift too slow....

Thanks for the help!



Nice jeep. What did your trans and tcase come out of?
When people give posters on here shit (in this case you) it's because they come onto forums and ask the same questions that can be searched, here and among many other sites, for long discussions about every possible tech question known to man. Aside from that, you have a history of asking questions looking for opinions to problems you seem to already have an answer or decision for. It's annoying and other members remember stuff like that and answer future questions accordingly. For example, if you spent two minutes searching you would know a 5.3 is basically a factory stroked 4.8. There are books worth of info on the nv4500.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Jeep Tech
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.35459 seconds with 52 queries