|May 27th, 2013, 05:45 PM||#1|
'78 CJ7 - Rebuilding -
1977 International Harvester Scout Diesel
1977 International Scout Traveler Converted to Terra style. Lots of work has gone into this rig over the past couple of years. Started out as a very solid southern truck and went uphill from there. For complete details and photos throughout the restoration, send me an email for a link.
- Any rust was cut out and replaced with new sheet metal, filler was only used to smooth out the body after welding
- All body panels removed in order to prevent rust in the deeper layers and to perform a proper paint job
- Inner fenders painted with heavy duty implement paint
- Wheel wells undercoated
- Entire interior coated with heavy duty implement primer, then coated with bed liner
- Coated and blocked several times using urethane 2k high build primer
- Painted with candy red metallic base coat, followed by several coats of clear. Wet sanded, buffed, polished, and waxed.
- Top painted with bright white heavy duty implement paint
- Edges of panels and door jambs were painted before reinstalling body panels
- Dana 44 axles front and rear were rebuilt and coated with POR15. Front brakes, including calipers, are new.
- New u-joints in front axle shafts and in front and rear driveshafts
- Skyjacker 4" lift, D&C Extreme HD lift shackles, Skyjacker shocks
- Nissan SD33 diesel (non-turbo, turbos were only offered in 1980) runs like an old diesel should
- T19 4 speed manual
- Drives like a 30+ year old lifted truck
- Door weatherstripping replaced
- Classic Goodyear mud terrain tires on freshly painted white wagon wheels. Have some cracking from age, but all hold air and look fantastic. Tread is like new.
- Oil and filter just changed
What it needs:
- A voltage regulator (currently runs battery dead overnight)
- Interior work if you're picky (steering wheel is blue, dash and door panels are green, bench seat is tan)
- A stereo and speakers
- Probably could use a tune up (injectors cleaned, new fuel filters, new glow plugs, etc...) I haven't tended to these items during my ownership, so they should probably be gone through.
Last edited by Jeep8499; May 27th, 2013 at 05:50 PM.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|