Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #1
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (3)
in Traverse City. need steak.

TSA threw me up here for a few weeks to help out.

i like steak. wheres good steak to be found at? Uncle Sam told me i can use the tax-payers money to buy dinner, so, whats the best suggestion?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:37 PM   #2
dreezy
Haggard Fab
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 9,722
iTrader: (7)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
I've heard there is toob steak a plenty there, but I have never been.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #3
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
North Peak Brewery.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #4
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Boone's Long Lake Inn is also decent.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:42 PM   #5
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,139
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Boone's Long Lake Inn is also decent.
x2
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #6
frdboy
Wishin' I waz fishin'
 
frdboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-06
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 9,850
iTrader: (23)
Boone's!!!!!!!
__________________
Cheap Thrills Off Road

2003 F-250 4X4 7.3 PSD Crew Cab

1971 Bronco
frdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #7
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
North Peak Brewery.
North Peak was good, had bbq Boar Pizza. And some warm ale. was good, enjoyed it very much.

will try the other place then.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:47 PM   #8
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,395
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Boone's Long Lake Inn is also decent.
this place
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 06:50 PM   #9
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (3)
Boones tomorrow then for dinner. any of you guys wanna join me PM me. it sucks eating dinner alone, hard to chew with tears running down my face...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #10
moot
Member
 
moot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-12-10
Location: Kewadin M.I.
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
B72 @ turtle creek casino, very good steaks
moot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #11
mtnbikinbryno
www.epicplanks.com
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,080
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Lots of people will also tell you Mode's Bum Steer for steak in TC.

Boones Long Lake has good food but I don't really like the environment. Too much like a cafeteria for me.

Boones Prime Time in Suttons Bay is a lot more cozy but I'm not sure if they've got steak like Long Lake. Good food for sure though.

If you want something different try Stellas in the Grand Traverse Commons. Pricey but always very good - never know what's going to be on the menu. You probably want a date for this place, would be kind of uncomfortable being there yourself.

Cooks House is always good but also pricey. Other standbys on the main drag are Bubbas for burgers and U&I for gyros.

Chefs Inn, S'Wiches cafe, Centre Street Cafe all have awesome sandwiches for lunch. You should also try Minerva's white chicken chili, really good. Minervas is good for dinner too.
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #12
GerkTJ
Senior Member
 
GerkTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: ida, mi
Posts: 1,028
iTrader: (13)
Bum Steer is very good
GerkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:19 PM   #13
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,931
iTrader: (19)
Boones in suttons bay doesn't have as good of food as long lake. I agree boones on long lake has great food but the atmosphere sucks.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #14
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training
 
bbaXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-06
Location: Fowlertucky, MI
Posts: 4,431
iTrader: (59)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ
Can't go wrong with Blue Tractor and Apache Trout for good food too, but I don't remember what they have as far as steaks
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:29 PM   #15
busyfixin
Balls Deep
 
busyfixin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Location: williamsburg, MI
Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (11)
Boones is "the" place for steak. I prefer other places though. It's hard to say if it's on the specials menu, but Pearls in Elk Rapids always does a good job on steak too, as well as everything else they have. Lot's of good places to get a slice of beef around here though.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:32 PM   #16
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,931
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by busyfixin View Post
Boones is "the" place for steak. I prefer other places though. It's hard to say if it's on the specials menu, but Pearls in Elk Rapids always does a good job on steak too, as well as everything else they have. Lot's of good places to get a slice of beef around here though.
I like their crawfish festival!!
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #17
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 697
iTrader: (0)
The steak at Boones Long Lake is great, but the Prime Rib is the best anywhere, hands down. Don't forget the horseradish sauce. And their scale is broken. The 22 oz seems way bigger than 22 oz, and is enough for 2 meals for sure. Not sure what the complaints about atmosphere are all about. Been a nice place every time I've been there. Ain't the Ritz, but not a dump by any means. What's the problem specifically, people?
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #18
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 697
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
Lots of people will also tell you Mode's Bum Steer for steak in TC.

Boones Long Lake has good food but I don't really like the environment. Too much like a cafeteria for me.

Boones Prime Time in Suttons Bay is a lot more cozy but I'm not sure if they've got steak like Long Lake. Good food for sure though.

If you want something different try Stellas in the Grand Traverse Commons. Pricey but always very good - never know what's going to be on the menu. You probably want a date for this place, would be kind of uncomfortable being there yourself.

Cooks House is always good but also pricey. Other standbys on the main drag are Bubbas for burgers and U&I for gyros.

Chefs Inn, S'Wiches cafe, Centre Street Cafe all have awesome sandwiches for lunch. You should also try Minerva's white chicken chili, really good. Minervas is good for dinner too.
Cafeteria? Really? Must have Long lake confused with someplace else.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 10:00 PM   #19
busyfixin
Balls Deep
 
busyfixin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-24-06
Location: williamsburg, MI
Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (11)
Today was the last day of Crawfest.

I'm not sure what the Boone's "Atmoshpere" issues are either.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 05:13 AM   #20
nateacox
Member
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Traverse City, Michigan
Posts: 96
iTrader: (2)
The new restaurant on the corner of Garfield and Airport has great steaks. Copper falls
nateacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.15556 seconds with 52 queries