Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Bad ass sand drag jeep

41K views 249 replies 54 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 ·
Anybody recognize this "jeep"? Lol

See less See more
This post has been deleted
#81 ·
Lower the seat, lay back the windshield with a center upright stradling transmission, and taper the roof on a angle to the orgional height behind the drivers head. Only really adding the weight of the center upright while lowering cg and introducing a triangle to the windshield which will prevent the roof from crushing and add a small amount of side ridigity.

#93 ·
I am not here to argue. Those pics of the jeep chassis is from when he changed motors.

Originally he had a SBC w/NOS. Then went to alcohol blown SBC. If you notice in pic where blower motor sitting in it. The back bars are cut off. Because he went to an x-brace and new rear down bars. You can see it in more recent photos. Personally I would probably want more cage. But its his choice. But when its at the track its fast and straight.

#99 ·
I've stayed quiet till now but here's my input from what I've seen of this rig:
The suspension may be set up fine for drag racing in controlled conditions. With the kind of power he's putting down I imagine it's been through plenty of test and tune. Problem is, it's set up like a drag car and has very very little travel and bounces wildly in uneven terrain like the ungroomed sand dunes. In those conditions it becomes clear that it wasn't designed for that, but oh well. I haven't seen him almost kill anyone and it looks like a fun ride, so have at it. The cage/chassis looks pretty underbuilt from these pics but maybe it's a work in progress in these shots like the above poster claims. It probably also doesn't weigh much more than a Rhino or RZR.

#148 ·
Dueling, every thread you contribute turns into a feel good *** fest. But keep being butthurt by the jeep thing. It's pretty fun to poke when I'm drinking.

I'd go change my other tag for you, but a. I'm on tapatalk and it isn't an option b. the one accusing you of buying stolen parts would still be there because it isn't mine c. I don't really want to. Go ahead and tag mine however you want, I'm tripple wrapped for super protection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.