Detroit X Games Bid Chosen, City Is Finalist To Host ESPN's Summer Competition 2014-2 - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #121
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why anybody thinks anything in that shithole is worth saving, like kickstand said with the exception of the major stadiums, better/nicer things can be found outside of the outhouse called detroit
You've only stated this about 15 times. We get it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:08 AM   #122
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,123
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
But everyone loves bums playing saxophones, even if they admit it or not.
you're still not being very funny.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #123
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,856
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
For the life of me I don't understand why anybody thinks anything in that shithole is worth saving, like kickstand said with the exception of the major stadiums, better/nicer things can be found outside of the outhouse called detroit
Oh maw gawd! You sound like a 3%er
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #124
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,926
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
you're still not being very funny.
Someone is a little grumpy pants this morning.
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #125
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 19,005
iTrader: (167)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebabe View Post
More like you yuppies from Fenton who cry about having to go downtown...
ill have you know this hilltard from hartland loves doing the greater ghetto tour in detroit
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #126
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,856
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
Someone is a little grumpy pants this morning.
No. GM wasn't born with humor. He tries and I give him credit, but GM isn't funny. However it is funny when he gets all bent and pissy

Sorry Jeff
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:31 AM   #127
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,926
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Default

How the fukc did I miss this Jackass Festival?
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM   #128
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,123
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
Someone is a little grumpy pants this morning.
No. I'm in a fine mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
No. GM wasn't born with humor. He tries and I give him credit, but GM isn't funny. However it is funny when he gets all bent and pissy

Sorry Jeff
This.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #129
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
you're still not being very funny.
You must really not like bums playing saxophones.

Racist.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:12 AM   #130
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,123
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You must really not like bums playing saxophones.

Racist.
Repeating it won't make it funny.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #131
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,985
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Repeating it won't make it funny.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #132
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 3,284
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakebabe View Post
More like you yuppies from Fenton who cry about having to go downtown...
hey, watch your mouth!

Dont get me wrong, I think Detroit is a shit hole, however, If Detroit gets the X-games I would be going downtown to watch it. I dont know why you guys (mainly Hancho and one of the tomato brothers) are so bent about this. its a possitive thing for Detroit so by you saying Detroit will never change until the citizens change.... well, you not giving a shit about something possitive coming to the city makes you buttholes just as bad as the gimmie, gimmie's downtown! It goes two fold, the city wont change until the people around it give a shit either!!!....I am all for any possitive changes and or events for Detroit.

Last edited by trailrail302; May 10th, 2013 at 09:13 AM.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2013, 04:04 PM   #133
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,732
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

it would be cool if detroit got the games, till some spectator got killed or raped, and it was all over espn.
the people that say any publicity is good publicity are f'ing ignorant.

i go to mexican village, and greektown once or twice a year. its fun once in awhile.
i will go to a tigers, lions, or red wings game a couple times a year.
i dont gamble so casino trips are pretty rare.

otherwise i avoid detroit at all costs, and i live 1 mile from the detroit border.

Last edited by joe_jeep; May 12th, 2013 at 12:17 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #134
wakebabe
Mrs. Bones
 
Join Date: 11-15-05
Location: Dearborn Heights
Posts: 4,154
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
hey, watch your mouth!

Dont get me wrong, I think Detroit is a shit hole, however, If Detroit gets the X-games I would be going downtown to watch it. I dont know why you guys (mainly Hancho and one of the tomato brothers) are so bent about this. its a possitive thing for Detroit so by you saying Detroit will never change until the citizens change.... well, you not giving a shit about something possitive coming to the city makes you buttholes just as bad as the gimmie, gimmie's downtown! It goes two fold, the city wont change until the people around it give a shit either!!!....I am all for any possitive changes and or events for Detroit.
Well said.
wakebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #135
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,067
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
hey, watch your mouth!

Dont get me wrong, I think Detroit is a shit hole, however, If Detroit gets the X-games I would be going downtown to watch it. I dont know why you guys (mainly Hancho and one of the tomato brothers) are so bent about this. its a possitive thing for Detroit so by you saying Detroit will never change until the citizens change.... well, you not giving a shit about something possitive coming to the city makes you buttholes just as bad as the gimmie, gimmie's downtown! It goes two fold, the city wont change until the people around it give a shit either!!!....I am all for any possitive changes and or events for Detroit.
You assume I want Detroit to change, what I want but will never happen is Detroit to go away. The layout of the city is terrible, it makes it impossible to revitalize the area. There is no area that you could develop to a point where it would attract people from around the world to come visit. I use Chicago as an example because in the downtown and surround areas they have areas set up in such a way that people want to go. Shopping, bars, food, parks, ect. Detroit with the way it set up cannot. At some point you have to cut your loses and admit failure. Facts suggest Detroit can never make a turn around. I heard Detroit was making a come back when we moved out of that city 30yrs ago and I still hear the same shit today. Guess what after billions of dollars in investments, social programs and grants Detroit has not made a single step forward, in fact it has gotten worst. People talk about the great architecture downtown. I say bullshit, take a good look at those buildings, they suck by architecture standards and they are is such of state of disrepair that it would be cheaper to tear them down than fix them up. You want proof of that, pick up any book on great buildings and architecture and you won't find one building from deshithole. You want Detroit to get better, admit defeat and leave it in the past. It is a blackhole that swallows our hard earned tax dollars. It's time to plug that hole.
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #136
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,101
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
You assume I want Detroit to change, what I want but will never happen is Detroit to go away. The layout of the city is terrible, it makes it impossible to revitalize the area. There is no area that you could develop to a point where it would attract people from around the world to come visit. I use Chicago as an example because in the downtown and surround areas they have areas set up in such a way that people want to go. Shopping, bars, food, parks, ect. Detroit with the way it set up cannot. At some point you have to cut your loses and admit failure. Facts suggest Detroit can never make a turn around. I heard Detroit was making a come back when we moved out of that city 30yrs ago and I still hear the same shit today. Guess what after billions of dollars in investments, social programs and grants Detroit has not made a single step forward, in fact it has gotten worst. People talk about the great architecture downtown. I say bullshit, take a good look at those buildings, they suck by architecture standards and they are is such of state of disrepair that it would be cheaper to tear them down than fix them up. You want proof of that, pick up any book on great buildings and architecture and you won't find one building from deshithole. You want Detroit to get better, admit defeat and leave it in the past. It is a blackhole that swallows our hard earned tax dollars. It's time to plug that hole.
So clear this up for me.?.... You do or do not think Detroit is awesome?
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #137
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,123
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
hey, watch your mouth!

Dont get me wrong, I think Detroit is a shit hole, however, If Detroit gets the X-games I would be going downtown to watch it. I dont know why you guys (mainly Hancho and one of the tomato brothers) are so bent about this. its a possitive thing for Detroit so by you saying Detroit will never change until the citizens change.... well, you not giving a shit about something possitive coming to the city makes you buttholes just as bad as the gimmie, gimmie's downtown! It goes two fold, the city wont change until the people around it give a shit either!!!....I am all for any possitive changes and or events for Detroit.
I'm not bent about anything. I just sit back and laugh when people talk about saving this "great city"...... positive events are great, but I haven't seen any positive change my entire life with that wasteland.

Hancho is dead right with that shithole.

The population of that city has dropped by nearly 500,000 people. Why? Certainly the riff raff and douchebags didn't all move out to make it a wonderful place.....in fact, most of the people who moved out now lead succesful, safe, sane, normal lives elsewhere, yet the animals who stayed still act like animals and support corrupt governments, city councils, business owners, street thugs, etc.

You can not change what does not want to be changed, and you can not save what is unwilling to be saved.

You want a better detroit? Fence it in, push it into the river and start over. Start over with people, start over with humans, start over with non corrupt police forces, non corrupt governments, and citizens that will not stand for the corrupt leaders of their city. Start over with citizens WILLING to work, start over with a bulldozer. Until then you will see no change.

At your retirement party 20 years from now I hope to share a beer with you and discuss all of the wonderful things that have happened in detroit and how awesome it is to visit and how cool it is that our kids have successful careers in the motor city.

But I think we both know thats not gonna happen.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #138
Kwame Kilpatrick
Newbie
 
Kwame Kilpatrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-15-13
Location: Detroit/Texas
Posts: 16
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

You guys don't realize how great Detroit could have been. The city was on the brink of a massive turnaround when you suburbanites chased me out of office.
Kwame Kilpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:04 AM   #139
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,926
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

X Games just went to Austin.

Their Facebook is blowing up with people supporting Detroit. I was really surprised to hear that Detroit didnt get the bid.
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #140
feva4u
LCG
 
feva4u's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-01-07
Location: Petoskey, MI
Posts: 10,371
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
X Games just went to Austin.

Their Facebook is blowing up with people supporting Detroit. I was really surprised to hear that Detroit didnt get the bid.
__________________
My Jeep
feva4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.40654 seconds with 81 queries