Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #81
BlooMule
Devout Atheist
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: A little North of Deetroit and a little South of Roseville
Posts: 23,169
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I honestly had no idea that people listened to 89x who are over the age of 14.. You learn something new every day.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #82
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,513
iTrader: (25)
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/w...p/-/index.html

update: they will be on WRIF soon
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:41 AM   #83
Timmy
Senior Member
 
Timmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-04-06
Location: Fenton
Posts: 877
iTrader: (4)
WOW, can't say that I won't mind the change. I will now have a radio station to listen to on the morning drive again.
__________________
Buckle up,
I want to try some thing.



"and here we go"
Timmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #84
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 5,921
iTrader: (37)
Wow. That's amazing.

I wonder if Drew will drop Mike and show up with Trudy and the two background guys somewhere else. I think Drew does a reasonable job, but I'm not a fan of Mike.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Barn sale! Check out what's left!
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #85
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,696
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Of Drew and Mike I like Drew. I cannot fucking stand Mike. When Mike was absent for a while that was when Drew and Mike was the best. When Drew was gone and it was only Mike I switched to Dave and Chuck the Freak.
__________________
May the Sparks be with you
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:48 AM   #86
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Woohoo!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #87
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,513
iTrader: (25)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
Wow. That's amazing.

I wonder if Drew will drop Mike and show up with Trudy and the two background guys somewhere else. I think Drew does a reasonable job, but I'm not a fan of Mike.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
Of Drew and Mike I like Drew. I cannot fucking stand Mike. When Mike was absent for a while that was when Drew and Mike was the best. When Drew was gone and it was only Mike I switched to Dave and Chuck the Freak.
I agree with liking Drew better, and I haven't listened in years, but if I remember right, wasn't Drew from Chicago, and I seemed to get the impression he didn't plan to stay in Detroit.
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:53 AM   #88
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,957
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
People still listen to music from over the air, commercial filled radio?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #89
Rob the plumber
Licensed master plumber
 
Rob the plumber's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-14-06
Location: New Baltimore, Michigan
Posts: 5,446
iTrader: (32)
Mike does kinda suck sometimes, but I'll really miss that show. Fock!
Rob the plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #90
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
People still listen to music from over the air, commercial filled radio?
Sure. With Pandora and SiriusXM, you don't get localized news or talk radio.

I listened to 88.7 in the morning for Dave and Chuck the Freak, and occasionally 97.1.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #91
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,548
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
People still listen to music from over the air, commercial filled radio?
iPhone + SYNC + Bluetooth + (Spotify | Pandora | Podcasts) = Happy
__________________
[FlatFender]: ill put it like this, if she wasnt MY aunt, id hit on her
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:58 AM   #92
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,083
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
People still listen to music from over the air, commercial filled radio?
Yes, there are times, when you want to not feel detached from the rest of the world, you want to actually hear the advertisements from local establishments talking about certain drink specials, or you want to hear the update on people at a specific event near your house where the radio station is broadcasting live, or what the weather is expected to be, or what the current news is, or whatever.


Sure, all of those things are available at the click of a mouse or swipe of a touch screen phone, but sometimes, people don't want to be all:

"I'm clarkston cracker and I like to pretend I am so ahead of the times and trendy that I only listen to blah blah blah commercial free radio and I have my phone synced to my windsheild heads up display to provide me with full fox news headlines, weather reports, local sports, as well as local drink specials updates, not to mention my amazon clicker with the deals of the day...oh, and bitcoin."
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:59 AM   #93
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Yes, there are times, when you want to not feel detached from the rest of the world, you want to actually hear the advertisements from local establishments talking about certain drink specials, or you want to hear the update on people at a specific event near your house where the radio station is broadcasting live, or what the weather is expected to be, or what the current news is, or whatever.


Sure, all of those things are available at the click of a mouse or swipe of a touch screen phone, but sometimes, people don't want to be all:

"I'm clarkston cracker and I like to pretend I am so ahead of the times and trendy that I only listen to blah blah blah commercial free radio and I have my phone synced to my windsheild heads up display to provide me with full fox news headlines, weather reports, local sports, as well as local drink specials updates, not to mention my amazon clicker with the deals of the day...oh, and bitcoin."
LMFAO

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:09 AM   #94
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 5,921
iTrader: (37)
Yes, I listen to normal radio on my 10 minute drive to and from work.

The only other place I listen to the radio is in my garage, and I see no need to bother upgrading there since it's just background noise.

I have used Pandora streaming at work a few times and I find it sucks. It seems like public domain radio. Once in a while I'm in a vehicle with XM or Sirius and they suck too. XM used to have stations that I enjoyed, but after Sirius bought them they axed them.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Barn sale! Check out what's left!
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:15 AM   #95
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
Yes, I listen to normal radio on my 10 minute drive to and from work.

The only other place I listen to the radio is in my garage, and I see no need to bother upgrading there since it's just background noise.

I have used Pandora streaming at work a few times and I find it sucks. It seems like public domain radio. Once in a while I'm in a vehicle with XM or Sirius and they suck too. XM used to have stations that I enjoyed, but after Sirius bought them they axed them.
Pandora only gets better the more you use it and thumbs up or thumbs down the songs you are listening to. Creating your own stations is fantastic as well.

Sirius used to be good, but with the merger it's gone south.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #96
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,251
iTrader: (35)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
I listen to the radio for 4+ hours almost everynight in the garage. I have to change the station every 45 minutes or so to reduce the chances of hearing the same song over an over. It usually ends up on 97.1....

Glad to hear Drew and Mike are gone. I can't stand them.

Sometimes I actually like to hear people talk (as opposed to Pandora). I must be weird.
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear

Last edited by Bones; May 8th, 2013 at 10:37 AM.
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM   #97
14muddn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Location: Wixom/MI
Posts: 1,737
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob the plumber View Post
Mike does kinda suck sometimes, but I'll really miss that show. Fock!
X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Yes, there are times, when you want to not feel detached from the rest of the world, you want to actually hear the advertisements from local establishments talking about certain drink specials, or you want to hear the update on people at a specific event near your house where the radio station is broadcasting live, or what the weather is expected to be, or what the current news is, or whatever.


Sure, all of those things are available at the click of a mouse or swipe of a touch screen phone, but sometimes, people don't want to be all:

"I'm clarkston cracker and I like to pretend I am so ahead of the times and trendy that I only listen to blah blah blah commercial free radio and I have my phone synced to my windsheild heads up display to provide me with full fox news headlines, weather reports, local sports, as well as local drink specials updates, not to mention my amazon clicker with the deals of the day...oh, and bitcoin."
Haha
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM   #98
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,285
iTrader: (26)
THERE IS A GOD!!!!!!!!

I hate hearing that anyone will loose their jobs but Ive said this many times, Drew and Mike needed to go just like how the WRIF let go Arther P. a few years back. They are old and out dated just like the WRIF's music selection. For the only rock station in the metro area, they sound more like a classic rock station. WEEEE! more Zeplin and Beatles talk!!!
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #99
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (3)
PENIS! I dont like the WRIF but I will listen in the mornings from now on.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkencityworker View Post
"BREAK HIS FACE"
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #100
BOGDOG
Senior Member
 
BOGDOG's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-11-06
Location: White Lake/Wixom
Posts: 2,187
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyJ View Post
Wow. That's amazing.

I wonder if Drew will drop Mike and show up with Trudy and the two background guys somewhere else. I think Drew does a reasonable job, but I'm not a fan of Mike.
Drew is an arrogant ass that doesn't know what he is talking about half the time & Mike sounds like a whiny little bitch. The only reason I listen to wrif is for the morning news with Trudy, other than that wrif rarely plays a song I wanna hear but I never heard I song that I liked on 89x.
BOGDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:31 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.20291 seconds with 52 queries