Is Benghazi the end for the Obama Administration? - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #21
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Are they any more or less dead because of what someone said the next day?
Those men are dead only because somebody was told soliders ready to go and assist to "stand down". It was a terrorist attack but the American people were told it was because of a video that caused an uprising and an attack on our embassy.
They did not recieve proper security and the administration lied to the American people as to how and why these men died.
People lied, people died.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:44 PM   #22
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Are they any more or less dead because of what someone said the next day?
Nope.


Are you okay with them lying about it to cover their own incompetence?

That incompetence is what led to them being killed in the first place. That's a pretty big deal.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #23
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 1,054
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
the w.blowers can SAY all they want.
someone has to PROVE what happened for it to have any impact.
Bill and Hillary's favorite tactic is to utterly destroy the image/reputation/crediability/future of their vocal opponents.
Bill, & Billary would just have them "Whacked", and they were no longer a problem.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM   #24
jaysusr
Senior Member
 
jaysusr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-10
Location: Oakland county.
Posts: 1,120
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I bet we don't even know, what we don't know, about this administration and the morally bankrupt things they've done. This is just what's leaked out, literally the tip of the ice burg. Imagine Detroit under kwame Kilpatrick, times a thousand.
jaysusr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #25
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Nope.


Are you okay with them lying about it to cover their own incompetence?
Nope.

So lets focus on what actually happened, rather than the he said, she said's after the fact.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #26
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Nope.

So lets focus on what actually happened, rather than the he said, she said's after the fact.
The he said, she said is a serious part of this problem though.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 09:48 PM   #27
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,979
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Nope.

So lets focus on what actually happened, rather than the he said, she said's after the fact.
Hmm.
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #28
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
The he said, she said is a serious part of this problem though.
On more interested in finding out what may be being covered up than I am of the cover up itself.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:16 PM   #29
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
On more interested in finding out what may be being covered up than I am of the cover up itself.
Agreed there. I would also like to know why they are trying so hard to cover up what happened... but that didn't stop Nixon from being impeached.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #30
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

People don't give a shit, he's a god and probably always will be. Think about all the outrageously stupid shit he did his first term and he still got re-elected.

This is the same guy that got Obamacare passed AND got re-elected.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #31
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,155
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
People don't give a shit, he's a god and probably always will be. Think about all the outrageously stupid shit he did his first term and he still got re-elected.

This is the same guy that got Obamacare passed AND got re-elected.
People put way too much faith in the "He got re-elected" angle when it comes to Obama.

All of the voter fraud cases that have hit the media are all surrounding the "Swing States" that ultimately decided the election.

I am of the firm belief that if we had strict voter ID laws in this country (shit you need ID to buy a bottle of bourbon at Meijer) Obama would've lost his reelection campaign and Mitt Romney would be our President right now. Would that have been better? We will never know.

All I know is that as a registered voter, OIF Veteran and concerned Patriot... I absolutely believe that I am going to see the fall of the United States of America in my lifetime. I can only hope that something better will rise from the ashes of the war that WILL come.

If you don't think that it can happen you need to take a few steps back and start looking at the state of the world. Our freedoms are being stripped on a daily basis. The Constitution and federal government has been so violated and distorted that it has become meaningless. If you think that the federal government should be more powerful than the government of the state of Michigan you have already fallen to the brainwashing that has been shoved down our throats for decades now.

Do you people honestly believe that lying, omission of the facts and the daily creation of laws and regulations that make your life harder and kill your ability to provide for your family are how things are supposed to be?

We can do our part to fix these problems now before it comes to armed conflict... but we have already been put into the position that changing this status quo will put our livelihood and future in jeopardy. How many of you sit back right now reading this while thinking of their own children's future and pray everyday that they'll be able to make a living, start a family and keep the American Dream alive?


The legacy that we leave behind will be more damning than anything corrupt politicians ever did. Even in the face of blatant corruption, treason and attack on everything we hold dear as Americans we continue to just sit back and hope that it doesn't get bad enough that we won't be able to make our car payment next month. This is not how we are supposed to be living... waiting for the next screwing from the government. The Founding Fathers of this proud nation saw this coming and gave us the tools to make sure we could defend the freedoms they fought so hard for.

When did apathy become an excuse?
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #32
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
People put way too much faith in the "He got re-elected" angle when it comes to Obama.

All of the voter fraud cases that have hit the media are all surrounding the "Swing States" that ultimately decided the election.

I am of the firm belief that if we had strict voter ID laws in this country (shit you need ID to buy a bottle of bourbon at Meijer) Obama would've lost his reelection campaign and Mitt Romney would be our President right now. Would that have been better? We will never know.

All I know is that as a registered voter, OIF Veteran and concerned Patriot... I absolutely believe that I am going to see the fall of the United States of America in my lifetime. I can only hope that something better will rise from the ashes of the war that WILL come.

If you don't think that it can happen you need to take a few steps back and start looking at the state of the world. Our freedoms are being stripped on a daily basis. The Constitution and federal government has been so violated and distorted that it has become meaningless. If you think that the federal government should be more powerful than the government of the state of Michigan you have already fallen to the brainwashing that has been shoved down our throats for decades now.

Do you people honestly believe that lying, omission of the facts and the daily creation of laws and regulations that make your life harder and kill your ability to provide for your family are how things are supposed to be?

We can do our part to fix these problems now before it comes to armed conflict... but we have already been put into the position that changing this status quo will put our livelihood and future in jeopardy. How many of you sit back right now reading this while thinking of their own children's future and pray everyday that they'll be able to make a living, start a family and keep the American Dream alive?


The legacy that we leave behind will be more damning than anything corrupt politicians ever did. Even in the face of blatant corruption, treason and attack on everything we hold dear as Americans we continue to just sit back and hope that it doesn't get bad enough that we won't be able to make our car payment next month. This is not how we are supposed to be living... waiting for the next screwing from the government. The Founding Fathers of this proud nation saw this coming and gave us the tools to make sure we could defend the freedoms they fought so hard for.

When did apathy become an excuse?
I agree with much of that. I think our error is in getting pulled into the political theater, and letting ourselves get distracted from what is really going on. We only see what they want us to see. It's what we don't see that should worry us.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:47 AM   #33
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

They will investigate this and get to the bottom of it. Whistleblowers will be telling all.

http://politichicks.tv/column/gettin...m-of-benghazi/
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 07:50 AM   #34
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,269
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Mike Huckabee may be onto something here, but we can only hope he's right.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/polit...ll-resign-over
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:24 AM   #35
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,380
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
........I tend to agree with Clinton, at this point, what difference does it make.
i would make a diff if it were a member of your family that stood a chance of receiving protection but someone willfully called it off. and to deny it was terriost related.....come on. our foreign policy has slowly drifted to turning our back on the hostility directed toward us. denial will only result in the bully kicking/killing more butts. the only way to stop a bully is to stand up and fight back.

i have always been struck by the u.s. military objective on not leaving the dead or wounded behind. but when my guberment facilitates the deaths of its citizens i get really crazy. it's no different that allowing drones in u.s. to kill american citizens at will.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #36
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

All this obama shit is just that, shit.

Obama is a slimy lying son of a bitch, but his followers are blind, and anyone who thinks otherwise is "a right wing extremist". We stand ZERO chance of ever changing the publics opinion on some of the things going on. What's worse is that we'll never know the truth because it won't be allowed to come out, which will only make us more extreme crazy right wingers
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:20 AM   #37
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,667
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

My take is Stevens stumbled upon the Clinton-Obama weapons trail to palestine/AQ and had to be eliminated.

The only way to keep the perpetual war going is to make sure both side are adequately armed.
XXXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 09:32 AM   #38
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
i would make a diff if it were a member of your family that stood a chance of receiving protection but someone willfully called it off. and to deny it was terriost related.....come on. our foreign policy has slowly drifted to turning our back on the hostility directed toward us. denial will only result in the bully kicking/killing more butts. the only way to stop a bully is to stand up and fight back.

i have always been struck by the u.s. military objective on not leaving the dead or wounded behind. but when my guberment facilitates the deaths of its citizens i get really crazy. it's no different that allowing drones in u.s. to kill american citizens at will.
Did you read my whole comment or just the part you quoted?

Specifically, what difference does it make if someone speaking after the fact calls it terrorism?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 11:19 AM   #39
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,975
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Did you read my whole comment or just the part you quoted?

Specifically, what difference does it make if someone speaking after the fact calls it terrorism?
The difference, I believe is the story spun was one portraying a spontaneous protest of the anti muslim video, when, in reality it was an organized attack that had warning signs that were either overlooked or ignored.
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #40
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
The difference, I believe is the story spun was one portraying a spontaneous protest of the anti muslim video, when, in reality it was an organized attack that had warning signs that were either overlooked or ignored.
That may be true, and if it is that needs to be the focus, what was known, what should have been known, and what should have been done about it before hand. Not what was said on a Sunday morning news program after the fact.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33966 seconds with 82 queries