Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

fat guy no more!

112K views 973 replies 130 participants last post by  Shotgun 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I got on the scale lastnight and WOW I'm super fat :( (318.6lbs).so today is the day I start doing something about it! Im only going to drink water(also some beer):teehee: watching what I eat and doing some biking to start.
I will be happy if I can get down to 220-240 range !
Week 1-312.2lbs=-6.4
week 2-302.8lbs=-9.4
week 3-300.1lbs=-2.7
week4-298.0lbs=-2.1
Week5-295.2lbs=-2.8
Week6-293.8lbs=-1.4
Week12?-284.0lbs

#75 ·
if you dont have much time in the day to work out try skipping rope its more of a full body workout then jogging/biking and it burns about twice a many calories in the same amount of time as jogging.

i started working off my winter fat 182 to 170 in the first week skipping rope

#76 ·
:rolleyes:I personally don't have weight issues but my brother weighed in at 390 lbs and with simply cutting out real butter for butter maid from olive oil and going for a long walk or hike every day he has cut his weight down to 210. I asked him what his diet was and he told me the trick is to not punish yourself by cutting out all the foods you like. He mainly eats lean meats and steamed vegetables but if you cut out all the things you like your diet will fail. Just eat what you like in much smaller portions as a reward for your hard work. I wish you good health and good luck

#79 ·
looking at trying to put together a Great Lakes 4x4 - AdvoCare 24 day challenge, would anyone be interested? If I can get 5 people to do it I can offer it at a discount and have a prize for the biggest loser.

PM if your interested and I can email you the information and put a list of participants together....Lets all get "High School Skinny" together!

For information on AdvoCare and the 24 day challenge go to my website www.puremichiganhealth.com, but in general you eat normal food, we tell you what to eat and when, tell you what not to eat and give you vitamin supplements to fill in the nutritional gaps.

#80 ·
For information on AdvoCare and the 24 day challenge go to my website www.puremichiganhealth.com, but in general you eat normal food, we tell you what to eat and when, tell you what not to eat and give you vitamin supplements to fill in the nutritional gaps.
If you eat a properly balanced diet you should:
A) Lose weight
B) Not need vitamin supplements to fill in nutritional gaps.

#81 ·
somewhat true....if you eat properly you should lose weight, the problem is "most" people have a hard time understanding what eating healthy is, we try to help you learn what healthy is and to try and get you to eat smaller meals more often in the day. Try to get you to stay away from the unhealthy foods and fluids. We offer an array of products for losing weight, maintaining weight and for gaining muscle.

The foods we buy at the store are not what they once were due to a multi-tude of factors, we don't get the omega's that we need, nor the vitamins; Obesity in America is beyond an epidemic and only getting worse. How many people have made changes in their food options to lose weight, they lose 10 to 20 lbs hit a wall, get frustrated and go rite back to where they were before they lost the weight.

A. Shop the perimeter of the store
B. If it's sealed in plastic you probably shouldn't be eating it.
C. More water (your weight times .5= how many ounces you should be drinking of water), less everything else
D. Exercise - not for hours on end but for at least 30 minutes everyday
E. 5 to 6 small meals a day, Breakfast, mid-morning snack, lunch, mid-afternoon snack, dinner. if you need something after 7 at night drink water, don't eat becuase your bored watching the idiot box.

#84 ·
somewhat true.....
It's all about daily energy intake vs. energy output. Being calorie deficient and increasing your activity level will make you lose weight.

<--- -68lbs of fat mass without giving up bread, Doritos, or ice cream. Without taking weight loss supplements or following restrictive/fad diets. All the while working an 9-5 desk job and eating out for lunch 3-5 days per week.

#82 ·
Back in middle school, I was large. My mom started cooking low carb and that worked really well. High school I was about 280. I went on my own diet I guess you could say. More along the lines of controlling what I ate. I ate smaller portions. Easy way to do that is pick a smaller plate to eat your meals on. I ate less junk and more fruits and veggies. I dropped down to about 220 in 6 months. Then I got a job working outdoors and i dropped down to about 185. Now after getting a job indoors, I went up to about 215:/

Best advice I have is to control what you eat and exercise.

#83 ·
we haven't used the larger dinner plates for almost 3 years we use the smaller plates, not sure what they're actual name is. A couple of weeks ago we went to my parents for dinner and I had such issues with the bigger plate, I had to go through her closet and find a smaller kids plate because it was so weird eating from larger plate, felt like I had nothing on my plate.

#85 ·
Post a pic of yourself so we have something to compare it to when after you loose the weight. I found that to be helpful so I could see the results. You look at yourself everyday and wont notice your progress as much, so you need something to look back at.

#99 ·
i will report my weight on monday . trying to stay off the scale till then!

#101 ·
Im in... I havnt weighed out in a while im guessin im up around there also... time to scale back on the yummy foods and beers =(... I know this cause when I moved yur jeep today my big abs may have hit the steering wheel lol im thinkin a seat track on the driver side is a must

#116 ·
so did you scale out yet or do i need to take you to the truck stop scale :teehee:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.