Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 18th, 2013, 03:46 PM   #61
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,455
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
I'll try and be nice unlike everybody else. It's a very cool idea and I hope you manage to pull it off. I think you're being VERY optimistic about how much you're gonna be able to fit back there, but whatever. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Good luck.

Planning new projects for once you have a house is laughable to me now. I've had a house for over a year and haven't touched the Jeep. It wasn't a fixer upper by any means, didn't need much personalizing, and overall has been about as easy as it gets. Still, no time for the Jeep. I'm finally getting to the point where I can start on it again, but I've also been saying that for 6 months. Good luck.
Now you need to throw a kid or two in to the mix lol
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #62
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (36)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
when you get bored with it pm me!
its a great idea!
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #63
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 7,905
iTrader: (6)
Andy, you complain one day about the difficulties of buying a house, the next day about needing a job, the next Bout how you are gonna finish your Jeep, then you go and do this and expect everyone to be happy for you. Is it a cool idea? Yup. Are your expectations high? Yup. Is this a total waste of your $ and time? Most likely for sure! It is not like there won't be another ambulance for sale when you get the rest of your shit together. Like I have said one hundred times before, if I didn't give a shit I wouldn't say anything. When I see my friends making poor decisions I can't help but point it out. I would expect the same in return. Anyway, you only live once so go for it. It's your decision if the one life you have is spent in your parents basement surrounded by broke down, rusty, unfinished vehicles. If you are happy, then I am happy for you!
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #64
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,022
iTrader: (41)
I want one of these


firehawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #65
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,948
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Andy, you complain one day about the difficulties of buying a house, the next day about needing a job, the next Bout how you are gonna finish your Jeep, then you go and do this and expect everyone to be happy for you. Is it a cool idea? Yup. Are your expectations high? Yup. Is this a total waste of your $ and time? Most likely for sure! It is not like there won't be another ambulance for sale when you get the rest of your shit together. Like I have said one hundred times before, if I didn't give a shit I wouldn't say anything. When I see my friends making poor decisions I can't help but point it out. I would expect the same in return. Anyway, you only live once so go for it. It's your decision if the one life you have is spent in your parents basement surrounded by broke down, rusty, unfinished vehicles. If you are happy, then I am happy for you!
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #66
mojo
Wha Happen???
 
mojo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-17-07
Location: Union City, Michigan
Posts: 203
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via MSN to mojo Send a message via Yahoo to mojo
When you get the siren/pa system out let me know...
mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #67
Strangler
Senior Member
 
Strangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 3,859
iTrader: (51)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Andy, you complain one day about the difficulties of buying a house, the next day about needing a job, the next Bout how you are gonna finish your Jeep, then you go and do this and expect everyone to be happy for you. Is it a cool idea? Yup. Are your expectations high? Yup. Is this a total waste of your $ and time? Most likely for sure! It is not like there won't be another ambulance for sale when you get the rest of your shit together. Like I have said one hundred times before, if I didn't give a shit I wouldn't say anything. When I see my friends making poor decisions I can't help but point it out. I would expect the same in return. Anyway, you only live once so go for it. It's your decision if the one life you have is spent in your parents basement surrounded by broke down, rusty, unfinished vehicles. If you are happy, then I am happy for you!
Ryan, you missed the point.... If he has an ammbubance to live in, the basement becomes storage for more high-end project parts. BAM! Everybody wins!
Strangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #68
Blackjackbender
.
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 5,474
iTrader: (5)
For fukc sakes

At your rate I will have rebuilt my jeep and be wheeling before this or your TJ are ever done.
Blackjackbender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #69
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,293
iTrader: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Andy, you complain one day about the difficulties of buying a house, the next day about needing a job, the next Bout how you are gonna finish your Jeep, then you go and do this and expect everyone to be happy for you. Is it a cool idea? Yup. Are your expectations high? Yup. Is this a total waste of your $ and time? Most likely for sure! It is not like there won't be another ambulance for sale when you get the rest of your shit together. Like I have said one hundred times before, if I didn't give a shit I wouldn't say anything. When I see my friends making poor decisions I can't help but point it out. I would expect the same in return. Anyway, you only live once so go for it. It's your decision if the one life you have is spent in your parents basement surrounded by broke down, rusty, unfinished vehicles. If you are happy, then I am happy for you!
you cannot fail or excel at something if you don't try anything in the first place. I would rather fail epically at everything in life rather then make no attempt at anything in the first place. I don't have to please anyone but myself anymore and that makes me happy and content. You may not like it but just remember its not your money being spent
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Last edited by Skooter_Built; April 19th, 2013 at 12:30 AM.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:14 AM   #70
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Yolo!!!!!!!
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #71
benny87
Young Gun..!
 
benny87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-06
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,834
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
you cannot fail or excel at something if you don't try anything in the first place. I would rather fail epically at everything in life rather then make no attempt at anything in the first place. I don't have to please anyone but myself anymore and that makes me happy and content. You may not like it but just remember its not your money being spent
This has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard you say....

This is not LIFE, this is a hobby...

I pray to god that your ways about projects is not how you portray yourself as an engineer.......
benny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:46 AM   #72
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benny87 View Post
This has to be one of the dumbest things I have heard you say....

This is not LIFE, this is a hobby...

I pray to god that your ways about projects is not how you portray yourself as an engineer.......
I really like Andy, but he has to be the dumbest mother fucker I know.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #73
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
I'll try and be nice unlike everybody else. It's a very cool idea and I hope you manage to pull it off. I think you're being VERY optimistic about how much you're gonna be able to fit back there, but whatever. Cross that bridge when you come to it. Good luck.

Planning new projects for once you have a house is laughable to me now. I've had a house for over a year and haven't touched the Jeep. It wasn't a fixer upper by any means, didn't need much personalizing, and overall has been about as easy as it gets. Still, no time for the Jeep. I'm finally getting to the point where I can start on it again, but I've also been saying that for 6 months. Good luck.
I see what you are doing. Play the nice guy so you are first in line for the part out. Well played...

mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 08:01 AM   #74
benny87
Young Gun..!
 
benny87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-06
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,834
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I really like Andy, but he has to be the dumbest mother fucker I know.
I have met Andy a few times and he was a nice guy..

But I agree, Andy.... get yo shit str8..... lol
benny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:30 PM   #75
no1mover
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-29-06
Location: ann arbor area
Posts: 282
iTrader: (14)
I think I'm still going do my 4wd Econoline diesel.
no1mover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #76
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,272
iTrader: (36)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
is it tall enough to stand up in?
joe_jeep is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #77
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,455
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I really like Andy, but he has to be the dumbest mother fucker I know.
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #78
Toivo
Feel lucky?
 
Toivo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-24-06
Location: Waterford/Union Lake
Posts: 5,138
iTrader: (13)
Meballs wagon
Toivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:52 PM   #79
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,396
iTrader: (40)
this is about as good idea as this:

High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #80
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,293
iTrader: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
is it tall enough to stand up in?
All depends how tall you are and where you are standing. in the center its 5'10" tall but at the sides its shorter. Im 5'8" so i fit ok. next week ill finish removing the stickers. To cold now.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21315 seconds with 52 queries