Bombs in Boston - Page 16 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:11 PM   #301
joppermann
Senior Member
 
joppermann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-08
Location: Boyne City, MI
Posts: 734
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbaXJ View Post
You're seeing this way more black and white than what I'm trying to say. I don't buy into all the conspiracy theories, those people are nutjobs.....but I also think it's crazy to blindly believe everything the government and media is telling us. That's what I'm talking about with sheeple. There's a huge gray area between sheeple and lemmings. I think it's healthy and logical to question things on a reasonable level, do your own research, and gather your own information. What I gathered from your previous posts(and correct me if I'm wrong here, but this is the impression that I got) is that you think it's asinine to question what we're being told and that there's no reason not to believe the info we're getting from the news stations. That would make you a sheep, blindly following the simple path that you're led on by the herders. That's what's best for the government, what will continue to give them more and more power, and allow them to push their agendas for our "safety". Is it all wrong? Certainly not, but I think it's crazy to believe everything they're telling us, just like it's crazy to come up with outlandish conspiracy theories. Hopefully you're in the gray area too, I just didn't get that impression from your posts.
It is very healthy to question things on a reasonable level, its also why I can dispute most of the things that people are claiming, because I use reason. Do I question our government? Absolutely. I wasn't on this site at the time, but I was convinced there were no WMD's in Iraq. I didn't question it because the President was a Republican. I questioned it because I did not believe our government had a right to invade Iraq without some sort of cause and our government wanted one. (I agreed with our invasion of Afghanistan). I do not believe Sandyhook or Aurora, Colorado are fake and part of the government's agenda to outlaw guns. I am the first to say I am glad the measure did not pass the Senate today, simply because we are looking at the problem from the wrong side and punishing those that actually obey the law (my wife has her CCW). So I am certainly not a sheeple. (Again, I'm a pro-gun Liberal and not ashamed to say it).
I do not believe everything the government tells me (Obama's biggest lie is "this will be the most transparent administration in US History"). However, I am even more likely to not believe that the government is involved in some outlandish scheme to take away rights.
If people actually want to make a difference in getting our government to change, manipulating pictures and video to meet their own political agenda is not the way to do it. The way to do it is by holding our elected officials accountable for the decisions they make and removing them through the election process.
If our President suddenly proposes an amendment to increase the number of terms he can serve, announces marshal law if another West, TX occurs or starts to round up law abiding citizens for bogus reasons, then you will find me believing that our country is in fact part of a New World Order. Until then, I will believe that our leaders are not stripping us of anything and will question anyone that attempts to prove otherwise...
joppermann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:22 PM   #302
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppermann View Post
It is very healthy to question things on a reasonable level, its also why I can dispute most of the things that people are claiming, because I use reason. Do I question our government? Absolutely. I wasn't on this site at the time, but I was convinced there were no WMD's in Iraq. I didn't question it because the President was a Republican. I questioned it because I did not believe our government had a right to invade Iraq without some sort of cause and our government wanted one. (I agreed with our invasion of Afghanistan). I do not believe Sandyhook or Aurora, Colorado are fake and part of the government's agenda to outlaw guns. I am the first to say I am glad the measure did not pass the Senate today, simply because we are looking at the problem from the wrong side and punishing those that actually obey the law (my wife has her CCW). So I am certainly not a sheeple. (Again, I'm a pro-gun Liberal and not ashamed to say it).
I do not believe everything the government tells me (Obama's biggest lie is "this will be the most transparent administration in US History"). However, I am even more likely to not believe that the government is involved in some outlandish scheme to take away rights.
If people actually want to make a difference in getting our government to change, manipulating pictures and video to meet their own political agenda is not the way to do it. The way to do it is by holding our elected officials accountable for the decisions they make and removing them through the election process.
If our President suddenly proposes an amendment to increase the number of terms he can serve, announces marshal law if another West, TX occurs or starts to round up law abiding citizens for bogus reasons, then you will find me believing that our country is in fact part of a New World Order. Until then, I will believe that our leaders are not stripping us of anything and will question anyone that attempts to prove otherwise...
I agree.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #303
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
Before Boston Marathon bombing, Obama Cut Domestic Bomb Prevention Funding By 45% http://t.co/MgMim81tKA
Hindsight's always 20/20. Before this bombing there had not been a successful bomb attack in this country for many years. On could have easily made the argument "why are we paying so much to prevent something that hasn't happened in years."
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:36 PM   #304
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,989
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Hindsight's always 20/20. Before this bombing there had not been a successful bomb attack in this country for many years. On could have easily made the argument "why are we paying so much to prevent something that hasn't happened in years."
Maybe because paying for it is why it hasn't happened in years.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #305
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 25,323
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Hindsight it always 20/20

But lookin back it's still a bit fuzzy
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #306
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,494
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Hindsight's always 20/20. Before this bombing there had not been a successful bomb attack in this country for many years. On could have easily made the argument "why are we paying so much to prevent something that hasn't happened in years."
So did you actually read the article or is hindsight 20/20 a typical liberal duck and cover method?

If you read this, any normal person would see that bomb attacks and or attempts have been on the uprise
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366339276.068919.jpg
Views:	372
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	104651
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:41 PM   #307
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Maybe because paying for it is why it hasn't happened in years.
Maybe.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #308
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,494
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

But your right hindsight is 20/20

What did Hillary say " what difference does it make"

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/...-sept-11-2011/
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #309
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Seeing things black and white all the time isn't true or Democrat or Republican..

I see thought it all..
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #310
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
So did you actually read the article or is hindsight 20/20 a typical liberal duck and cover method?

If you read this, any normal person would see that bomb attacks and or attempts have been on the uprise
Attachment 104651
I read the article. I read how from sometime when Bush was in office, to sometime when Obama was in office, spending for bomb prevention dropped 45%. During that time, until Monday, the number of people in the USA killed in bombing attacks was something around 0, while the number of people killed in gun attacks was something around a whole bunch. So which should we focus our resources on preventing, what has been successful in killing lots of people, or what has not been successful in killing anyone?

And did you notice what the author of that article did so bolster his argument? He talked about the times square bombing twice, separated by a paragraph about terrorist magazine article, and then talked about 2 separate incidents at Fort Hood, even though only one involved a bomb.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #311
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,498
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmetzg03 View Post
But your right hindsight is 20/20

What did Hillary say " what difference does it make"

http://m.knoxnews.com/news/2013/apr/...-sept-11-2011/
Thanks for finding that list.

Now at what point did Obama lower the funding?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #312
bbaXJ
Yooper In Training
 
bbaXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-06
Location: Fowlertucky, MI
Posts: 4,840
iTrader: (62)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bbaXJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joppermann View Post
It is very healthy to question things on a reasonable level, its also why I can dispute most of the things that people are claiming, because I use reason. Do I question our government? Absolutely. I wasn't on this site at the time, but I was convinced there were no WMD's in Iraq. I didn't question it because the President was a Republican. I questioned it because I did not believe our government had a right to invade Iraq without some sort of cause and our government wanted one. (I agreed with our invasion of Afghanistan). I do not believe Sandyhook or Aurora, Colorado are fake and part of the government's agenda to outlaw guns. I am the first to say I am glad the measure did not pass the Senate today, simply because we are looking at the problem from the wrong side and punishing those that actually obey the law (my wife has her CCW). So I am certainly not a sheeple. (Again, I'm a pro-gun Liberal and not ashamed to say it).
I do not believe everything the government tells me (Obama's biggest lie is "this will be the most transparent administration in US History"). However, I am even more likely to not believe that the government is involved in some outlandish scheme to take away rights.
If people actually want to make a difference in getting our government to change, manipulating pictures and video to meet their own political agenda is not the way to do it. The way to do it is by holding our elected officials accountable for the decisions they make and removing them through the election process.
If our President suddenly proposes an amendment to increase the number of terms he can serve, announces marshal law if another West, TX occurs or starts to round up law abiding citizens for bogus reasons, then you will find me believing that our country is in fact part of a New World Order. Until then, I will believe that our leaders are not stripping us of anything and will question anyone that attempts to prove otherwise...
Good to hear you're seeing the gray area and thinking reasonably. I agree with the vast majority of what you said there, but want to comment on the last part. I completely agree that fake pictures and outlandish claims are not the way to make the chages some peple want to see. That's no better than what the same people are accusing he administration of doing. However, in recent months enough things have happened and enough agendas pushed that I don't think it's necessarily a good idea for waiting for big changes to happen for your "New World Order". Will it happen? I don't know. But at this point I think it's smarter to keep a close eye on some of the more reasonable "conspiracy theories" and consider some of the points made. Consider both sides, see for your point if shady stuff is going on, etc. I'm not saying to believe all the crazies, but some of the points they make are worth consdering. Becase many of the things that would be part of the "New World Order", if we wait till they occur it's already too late to do something about it. I think it's worth being aware of the what-ifs and prepared to have a voice or take a stand to stop the major steps before they can become a huge problem. I realize in all these posts I'm making myself sound like a paranoid nutjob, but I'm just playing one side to try and make the point clear. I ignore most of this crap as much as possible.
bbaXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #313
IrishChef
Comfortably Numb
 
IrishChef's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-06
Location: Norway, MI.
Posts: 730
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Proof that exercise does kill.


Bad part it was at 4:09ish which means it was just normal joes running at that time
I hate you. And, if we ever meet, I'll give you reasons to hate me. I'm New England, born and bred, and I consider what you said the ultimate insult. I've read your fucking nonsense for years, but this is low. I gave you as pass before because of your "free-thinker" bullshit, but I now know you're just another little turd who thinks he's funny. You're not. I'll be forwarding your comments to the BC, BU, Harvard and Tufts BBs. Let's see how fucking funny they think you are.
__________________
"Am I dead yet?"
IrishChef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #314
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default



Possible at Watertown , MA
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 02:16 AM   #315
Cummins-coal
Senior Member
 
Cummins-coal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-17-12
Location: zeeland michigan
Posts: 148
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_3114276.html

They might have caught one of the marathon suspects
Cummins-coal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 03:31 AM   #316
brian76708
Senior Member
 
brian76708's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-22-09
Location: Dexter
Posts: 413
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cummins-coal View Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_3114276.html

They might have caught one of the marathon suspects

more info looks like they may have found the second one

http://www.reddit.com/r/news/comment...tes_of_boston/

Note to MODS: Don't touch this thread. News and info is needed to keep people safe. Sit behind your computers with all the power you want...but I won't let people die because you are entitled.
New Note to MODS: I love you guys, keep doing what you are doing. I know stuff can get rough and you get a bad rap sometimes but you guys keep things a float. I'm sorry for my message above (which I will leave for legacy) but I hope you understand my temporary anger at the time. Real Talk: Keep up the great work!
From the live audio feed[1] : MIT Officer shot and his firearm was stolen. [Small Edit] Officer is on his way to the hospital [Mass General]. No update on his condition. MIT[2] is also updating their emergency site with news.
EDIT 11:26 EST: They have a photo of the alleged suspect.
EDIT 11:27 EST: Heard a Black Male in all black clothing.
EDIT 11:32 EST: NBC just reported the shots on TV. No new info there.
EDIT 11:33 EST: There was a robbery at a near by 7-11 (Dark Skin White Male 5'11' 200lbs, black top). Could be related?
EDIT 11:40 EST: Woman reported on the ground screaming/crying. Male that was with her just walked away. [Unrelated, thanks /u/dontgotmilk [3] ]
EDIT 11:42 EST: Image[4] from the scene. Warning blood.
EDIT 11:44 EST: Possible witness.
EDIT 11:47 EST: /u/philsmith24457 [5] points out they mentioned a mini excavator[6] [Unrelated]
EDIT 11:59 EST: Reportedly a group of Black males. 1 in a gray hoodie, in his early 20's, heavy set. 2 in black hoodies. Firearms present. [Unrelated].
EDIT 12:04 EST: from /u/TheFightingFarsi [7] : NBC Connecticut reporting MIT Officer has died[8] . (grain of salt till for now)
EDIT 12:07 EST: MIT updated their emergency site with news. Police are searching the campus, stay indoors.
EDIT 12:12 EST: Removed links to emergency site to prevent Reddit DDoS. Thanks /u/Some-Internet-Guy [9]
EDIT 12:13 EST: Boston Globe Editor confirms MIT officer death.[10]
EDIT 12:16 EST: /u/TheFightingFarsi [11] has more info on the MIT officer[12] .
EDIT 12:17 EST: [Unrelated] Black male with grey hoodie put his firearm in the front pouch. Please stay inside tonight.
EDIT 12:23 EST: It seems like the MIT officer was the only one involved as of right now. No students have been reported harmed. Seems like a case of wrong place, wrong time. Will continue updating if any new information comes up.
EDIT 12:26 EST: Dark Skin White Male from 11:33 was mentioned. He has a gotee.
EDIT 12:28 EST: Black Mercedes SUV car-jacked in the last 30 minutes. 2 Middel-Eastern males with firearms. PLEASE don't be related to the bombings Q.Q License Plage - 137 NZ1
EDIT 12:30 EST: More images[13] from MIT.
EDIT 12:32 EST: The filled up with gas, payed cash. Car took off to Harvard Square.
EDIT 12:32 EST: Car owner is fine, escaped while they were filling up.
EDIT 12:34 EST: MIT updated their emergency site again. Police continue to sweep the campus.
EDIT 12:35 EST: Driver of car-jacked Mercedes displayed firearm to police.
EDIT 12:38 EST: I was disconnected from the live feed.
EDIT 12:40 EST: I got the feed back.
EDIT 12:41 EST: MIT updated their emergency site again. The shooter remains at large, police continue to search the campus. Please REMAIN INDOORS until further notice.
EDIT 12:45 EST: /u/speedbreeze [14] has a summary in multiple languages[15] . They have fact-checked info, where I relay what I am hearing on the feed.
EDIT 12:47 EST: /u/sceptre886 [16] mentioned the car stolen is a Mercedes ML-350. Tag number 137 NZ1
EDIT 12:49 EST: Shots fired in Cambridge. Shots and Explosions in Watertown.
EDIT 12:50 EST: Shots fired. Grenades spotted.
EDIT 12:51 EST: More shots, explosion. Grenade went off.
EDIT 12:55 EST: Officer down. Explosives at scene. 94 Spruce Street??
EDIT 12:56 EST: Reports of a stolen state police truck. Black, 4 door.
EDIT 12:57 EST: Second officer down. Hand Grenades...automatic weapons fired.
EDIT 12:58 EST: Spruce (sp?) and Lincoln
EDIT 1:00 EST: Dexter and Laural. Suspect injured. Explosives in the area.
EDIT 1:01 EST: Officers ordered back. Map of area[17] thanks to /u/rm-rf_ [18]
EDIT 1:01 EST: Suspect is on foot.
EDIT 1:02 EST: /u/iBrave [19] sent me another map[20]
EDIT 1:03 EST: Bomb Squad on their way.
EDIT 1:05 EST: Officers asked to power off phones/leave them in the car to prevent explosions.
EDIT 1:06 EST: 2 explosives confirmed. One near down officer. Robot in area to diffuse.
EDIT 1:09 EST: Suspect car still in the area.
EDIT 1:09 EST: Parameter from unnamed source. [21]
EDIT 1:10 EST: Watertown not answering phones. Suspect in ambulance, one at gun point.
EDIT 1:11 EST: OFFICER MISSING! [NVM, thank God]!
EDIT 1:11 EST: They are taking one of the suspects to Beth Israel (hospital). (Thanks /u/TheVacillate [22] )
EDIT 1:12 EST: FBI on scene (thanks /u/bnjmn556 [23] )
EDIT 1:13 EST: Roll call to make sure everyone is okay/accounted for.
EDIT 1:17 EST: MIT updated their site: Suspect remains at large.
EDIT 1:19 EST: 2 in custody.
EDIT 1:19 EST: Another guy down?
EDIT 1:20 EST: Photos and Videos[24]
EDIT 1:22 EST: Reports of suspect heavily armed in backyards.
EDIT 1:23 EST: MSP called for K9 unit.
EDIT 1:25 EST: May NOT have second suspect!!!
EDIT 1:26 EST: Reports of pressure cooker bombs!!!
EDIT 1:29 EST: Active shooter. audio noises
EDIT 1:29 EST: CNN has footage of suspect at gun point.
EDIT 1:30 EST: No report of an active shooter at this time. 40 police cars on their way to Watertown.
EDIT 1:32 EST: Second suspect reported to be in custody. No active shooters. No shots fired.
EDIT 1:33 EST *: Police are making people turning off their phones.
*EDIT 1:35 EST: Suspect ordered to strip down before being taken into an armored vehicle. Photo of suspect on ground - REMOVED PHOTO Not a suspect! EDIT 1:36 EST: Children's Hospital on lockdown.
EDIT 1:38 EST: Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for kind words. Keep sending me info and I'll keep updating. Stay safe everyone! This is not the post I wanted to make today...
EDIT 1:39 EST: WCVB reports one suspect is at large!
EDIT 1:41 EST: Reports of first officer down has died of his wounds (death toll: 2)
EDIT 1:42 EST: Reports of explosion at Harvard Quad.
EDIT 1:42 EST: Second suspect not in custody from radio! Be safe all!!
EDIT 1:44 EST: Children's Hospital clear. No shots fired there.
EDIT 1:46 EST: Explosion heard was from bomb squad.
EDIT 1:47 EST: Backpacks left on Laurel St.
EDIT 1:48 EST: News about Harvard Quad bomb seems to be fake. No bomb confirmed there.
EDIT 1:55 EST: Second suspect middle eastern looking, clean shaven, male with blue jacket with a "christmas style" hat.
EDIT 1:56 EST: My inbox is flooded with "Fuck the Mods" posts. Please, not now. Come back with hate in a few hours. For now, only news. Hate them in another thread.
EDIT 1:57 EST: The Christmas hat is a beenie.
EDIT 1:58 EST: MIT update: Suspect from there is no longer on campus. Right now, these are two different incidents and not related.
EDIT 1:58 EST: Suspect who was laying on the ground was released and is walking home. Taken in from confusion.
EDIT 2:00 EST: Reports of a "code black"[25] at Auburn Hospital. Nothing confirmed.
EDIT 2:02 EST: Sorry for lack of info. Inbox is flooded, dealing with thread transfer and my scanner stopped. Back at it!
EDIT 2:05 EST: Officer ducked down (idk if that is bad).
EDIT 2:05 EST: Overhead Helicopter to light abandoned SUV to direct ground police.
EDIT 2:06 EST: Police searching house for second suspect.
EDIT 2:09 EST: Reported - house that should be empty has people in it. MAP[26]
EDIT 2:14 EST: Reported SWAT called in. Police listed a name, unclear if related.
EDIT 2:15 EST: SF Airport evacuated bc of a small fire. [Unrelated]
EDIT 2:17 EST: Entering house on the second floor.
EDIT 2:17 EST: Long guns were used to fire at police. Ambulance called to American Legion.
EDIT 2:18 EST: [UNRELATED] FBI released new photos of bombers. HERE[27]
EDIT 2:20 EST: My streams seems to have lagged behind everyones. Someone hit by car.
EDIT 2:24 EST: 15 shots fired.
EDIT 2:26 EST: OFFICER ASSIST 04/19/13 01:27 (WATERTOWN - ) UPDATE:2 PIPE BOMBS IN THE ROADWAY- 1 BEING NEUTRALIZED- 2ND LIVE- AREA BEING EVACUATED. [MAS163] - http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/ctid/1221[28]
EDIT 2:26 EST: Backdoor found opened. Police searching the area. Handgun mag found.
EDIT 2:27 EST: Reports of shots fired at Aberdeen & Mr. Auburn.
EDIT 2:29 EST: NBC is showing a cat screaming NO! while being put into a tub...
EDIT 2:30 EST: Boston Globe is confirming one of the Marathon bombers is in custody.
EDIT 2:31 EST: Gold Nissan Maxima being searched.
EDIT 2:35 EST: Different news places are reporting 1 suspect as dead, and another reporting that same suspect as in custody. Nothing known about his status atm.
EDIT 2:40 EST: Large area cleared by police (protected area location).
EDIT 2:41 EST: Boston Globe seems to be reporting everything...I'm not going to trust them for now on. Just FYI.
EDIT 2:43 EST: White male in gray hoodie considered armed and dpangerious!
EDIT 2:44 EST: More update - White male, black hoodie, curly hair.
EDIT 2:46 EST: Mt. Auburn Hospital is being evacuated. - FALSE, accepted in confusion
EDIT 2:48 EST: Police confirm these are the Marathon Bombers[29]
EDIT 2:48 EST: Suspect who is at large is confirmed to be the Marathon Bomber with the white hat!
EDIT 2:51 EST: Red vehicle (Toyota) hasn't moved in an hour, has people in it. Police scoping it out.
EDIT 2:53 EST: Robot searching car[30]
EDIT 2:55 EST: My feed crashed again. Either server issues or they took it down to hide info.
EDIT 2:56 EST: Police confirm MIT and Bombers are connected.
EDIT 2:58 EST: My feed is back.
EDIT 3:00 EST: Police looking for Black Dodge Avenger?
EDIT 3:01 EST: Reports are coming in that one of the suspects is the missing Brown student.
EDIT 3:02 EST: One suspect dead[31]
EDIT 3:03 EST: Someone sent me suspects names....they don't deserve to be posted.
EDIT 3:04 EST: Suspect seen running (on foot).
EDIT 3:06 EST: {delayed} Swat only in the area.
EDIT 3:08 EST: Some sites are reporting "Bombs everywhere". Only 2 where known (and diffused). The suspect may have some on him, but none are out and about.
EDIT 3:10 EST: Suspect lost in foot pursuit.
EDIT 3:11 EST: Naked suspect being loaded into car seems to be old footage for suspect they released earlier (wrong guy).
EDIT 3:16 EST: People keep telling me there is no foot pursuit. Did they stop?
EDIT 3:19 EST: K9 Units deployed. 465 Arsenal Street open door.
EDIT 3:20 EST: MAP[32] of 465 Arsenal Street.
EDIT 3:21 EST: Sounds like shots being fired! My fault, 2nd stream played a video with shots
EDIT 3:22 EST: All officers no involved in static posts are to report to Arsenal.
EDIT 3:24 EST: Officers now showing up in plain cloths. Friendly fire a worry.
EDIT 3:24 EST: K9 checking open door. Pressure cooker found at Watertown.
EDIT 3:26 EST: My inbox is flooded with "Officer Down" posts. I haven't heard it but I might be behind in the stream. Bad ears, no other officers down.
EDIT 3:31 EST: More sites confirming Pressure Cooker bombs found in Watertown.
EDIT 3:34 EST: Police to release info to the media. Can someone get me a press pass?
EDIT 3:39 EST: /u/Brutal_Sandwich [33] sent me this MAP[34] of events.
EDIT 3:40 EST: News site WCVB is reporting first suspect dead.
EDIT 3:42 EST: Police are going house to house doing sweeps.
EDIT 3:45 EST: Perimeter is on lock down. They seem to be waiting till daylight to continue the search.
EDIT 3:50 EDT: They requested a tactical bear to move/dispose of bombs.
EDIT 3:53 EDT: Motion sensors tripping in buildings.
EDIT 3:55 EDT: This is a Tactical Bear[35]
EDIT 4:00 EDT: Motion Sensors seem to have been tripped by suspect 2. He has reportedly locked himself in the building.

I hit the max amount of text. I will update this thread* from now on!
IF YOU LIVE IN BOSTON: Do not go to work! Take a day off, stay inside!.
EDIT 4:39 EDT: MIT update - Suspicious package in the area of 500 Memorial Drive.
EDIT 4:36 EDT: Suspect 1 was confirmed dead at Mt. Auburn, not Mass General. My mistake.
EDIT 4:35 EDT: CNN is showing Naked Man. He is NO LONGER A SUSPECT. CNN is old news.
EDIT 4:34 EDT: Suspect 1 died to explosive attached to chest! White Hat might have one as well.
EDIT 4:34 EDT: "White Hat" reported to have explosive device on him.
EDIT 4:31 EDT: Suspect "White Hat" has been spotted.
EDIT 4:30 EDT: /u/Trucidar [1] suggest we use Reddit Stream to reduce refreshing[2] .
EDIT 4:28 EDT: Sunrise in Boston will be at 5:56 AM EDT.
EDIT 4:27 EDT: Police officer that was shot is in surgery (2nd one shot, first one was pronounced dead).
EDIT 4:25 EDT: First suspect was pronounced DOA at Mass General.
EDIT 4:24 EDT: Police #1 mission atm is public safety. Stay inside.
EDIT 4:24 EDT: Reported box of wires found at [location removed].
EDIT 4:20 EDT: One suspect from the Boston Bombing being confirmed killed on TV. Radio is quite.
EDIT 4:16 EDT: BPD Twitter posted image of suspect from 7/11[3]
EDIT 4:14 EDT: Officers advised to use radio silence. I think thats my fault Q.Q
EDIT 4:13 EDT: People want me to make a new thread, no need to spam any more then I have. This will be fine. I will switch my order so new info is at the top!
EDIT 4:11 EDT: Suspect may no longer be in that house and may not have set off the motion sensors.
EDIT 4:08 EDT: We Reddit DDoS'ed Reddit.
EDIT 4:05 EDT: Officers have 2 handguns and a knife. 2 Long guns missing, suspect 2 might still have them.

Last edited by brian76708; April 19th, 2013 at 03:56 AM.
brian76708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #317
brian76708
Senior Member
 
brian76708's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-22-09
Location: Dexter
Posts: 413
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

crime scene pics
http://imgur.com/a/LhukB

shoot out vid

Last edited by brian76708; April 19th, 2013 at 04:13 AM.
brian76708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #318
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,494
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbc-news/51592958
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:09 AM   #319
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,494
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Police ran over first suspect, reports NBC, as he was wearing an IED
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2013, 05:19 AM   #320
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 7,494
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366366785.118473.jpg
Views:	362
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	104667
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.57033 seconds with 83 queries