Will you change your profile pic for marriage equality? - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #141
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,497
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Wow, I was just gone for a few hours and all of this. Since there is so much here, let me touch on a few topics:

1. I stand corrected in my use of the word racist. I'm not sure what the proper term is, gay-basher maybe? Either way, I do consider anti-gay statements and beliefs to be on the same level as racism. That is just how I feel.

2. I am not gay, as has been suggested several times. I have nothing to prove either way, but the fact is I am heterosexual. I do however sympathize with the gay rights movement.

3. Will a symbol do anything? Is posting a pic on Facebook, or here, any sort of power, well probably not. But it does show my support for the cause, no different than I am very proud of the American Flag when I see it or use it. It is a symbol, and symbols invoke hope.

4. Did I do this as an experiment? Well frankly yes. After posting it on Facebook, a forum with broad public view in which most people use their real names, 99% has been positive. So I wondered how it would go here, where people hide behind usernames and faceless avatars. I do know many of you personally, and I really wasn't surprised by the answers I've seen from those of you I know. Those of you I don't know are the ones that tend to be more extreme. Very interesting!
Fag
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:37 PM   #142
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,350
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
You know my name and I would say the same thing face to face.

So since I am no longer "racist" I am now a "gay basher"? No, I haven't bashed anyone. And just because I don't agree doesn't make me a basher.
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing.

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #143
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,252
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Same thing. Born black, born gay, there is no choice.
I would have to disagree. One may be born black, but born gay, come on think about it. If you were born gay that means no way to reproduce the gay gene.
If being born gay is your thing then what about being born an angry person, they have tendencies to fits of rage. What about pedofelia? Born to molest children and alcoholic and the list goes on.
Say one was born knowing that he should have 3 wives and that is what he wants, he was born that way.
I was born a drunk so I need and want my jack daniels.
What about the really messed up ones that think they were born a woman but have the junk of a guy. Then they identify themselves as a woman but really they are a man.
Just because we are born with desires and tendencies to do things, do we always act out on them?
If they ever find a gay gene then they will also find a gene for all the other desires that we have.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:42 PM   #144
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,497
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Well, it has been proven here many times that some people are born stupid.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:44 PM   #145
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,497
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I would have to disagree. One may be born black, but born gay, come on think about it. If you were born gay that means no way to reproduce the gay gene.
If being born gay is your thing then what about being born an angry person, they have tendencies to fits of rage. What about pedofelia? Born to molest children and alcoholic and the list goes on.
Say one was born knowing that he should have 3 wives and that is what he wants, he was born that way.
I was born a drunk so I need and want my jack daniels.
What about the really messed up ones that think they were born a woman but have the junk of a guy. Then they identify themselves as a woman but really they are a man.
Just because we are born with desires and tendencies to do things, do we always act out on them?
If they ever find a gay gene then they will also find a gene for all the other desires that we have.
This.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #146
barry1me
Just another day
 
barry1me's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-06
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 3,026
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing.

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.

how is disagreeing a form of gay bashing? Our founding fathers based the constitution upon bible beliefs. The bible is very clear about homosexual views. Several religions say that murder/crimes are wrong....is that bashing also? Besides the US and Europe most other countries and there religions dont stand for homosexual beliefs.....look into what Mexicos stance is on homosexuality, how about the Middle east?
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:48 PM   #147
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,998
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing.

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.
You call us closed minded but refuse to realize that we can have our own opinion, which can be different then yours, and then claim we are bashing it because w have our own opinion.

Why does the term have to be marriage? Will it affect there rights in respect to spousal benefits? How about we call all partners, gay or hetro, unions. Why is that such a hard, issue?
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:50 PM   #148
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing.

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.
Stating one's opinion is NOT bashing. Quit with the over-sensitivity.
If a "tree hugger" tells me he or she believes I am wrong for offroading, that is not bashing. If PETA tells me they believe I am wrong for shooting a deer, that is not bashing. It's opinion. HOWEVER... There are "bashers" aka assholes who can't state their opinion without being offensive... Rhino didn't do that. He poked fun with the wooo oooo ooo comment, stated his opinion and that's it.
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:52 PM   #149
KCameron13
Weekend Warrior
 
KCameron13's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-05-11
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 1,272
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
Stating one's opinion is NOT bashing. Quit with the over-sensitivity.
If a "tree hugger" tells me he or she believes I am wrong for offroading, that is not bashing. If PETA tells me they believe I am wrong for shooting a deer, that is not bashing. It's opinion. HOWEVER... There are "bashers" aka assholes who can't state their opinion without being offensive... Rhino didn't do that. He poked fun with the wooo oooo ooo comment, stated his opinion and that's it.
But he didn't agree with him, and when your opinion isn't popular and people don't agree with you then your only defense is to say they are bashing. A popular strategy of people lacking facts to back an argument.
KCameron13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:53 PM   #150
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,801
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Jim, in this thread you have made fun of the way gay men speak which is mockery and a form of bashing.

And you have brought up the point that this is a religious and moral issue, of which it should be neither.

A persons gender, or gender identity, or sexual orientation is a personal thing that they are born with. If they act out whatever they are "wired for" with consenting adults there is no morality issue, and telling someone they are immoral for how they were born is bashing.

And telling someone that they are wrong because your religion says so is also bashing.

So, IF you are saying being gay is immoral, or wrong, then you are a gay basher. If you feel you have done this and are not OK with this self realization, you have the power within yourself to change it.
Gay men speak differently than straight men? Not any gay men I know, you really shouldn't pigeon hole, and stereotype them, you gay basher, racist, liberal douchebag.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #151
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,350
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
You call us closed minded but refuse to realize that we can have our own opinion, which can be different then yours, and then claim we are bashing it because w have our own opinion.

Why does the term have to be marriage? Will it affect there rights in respect to spousal benefits? How about we call all partners, gay or hetro, unions. Why is that such a hard, issue?
Telling someone they are wrong for who they are is bashing them, whether justly or no. I gladly bash rapists and child molesters. So call me a molester basher, I'm proud of it. If you choose to be proud to be a gay basher thats up to you and I am not saying you can't have your opinion or be that way. Just own your truth!

As for whatever you want to call it, marriage, civil union, unicorn bonding, whatever, I just feel it should be equal, and called the same, for all.
kkodet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #152
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCameron13 View Post
But he didn't agree with him, and when your opinion isn't popular and people don't agree with you then your only defense is to say they are bashing. A popular strategy of people lacking facts to back an argument.
I know. This has been in popular practice since late 2008...
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:56 PM   #153
GREASYHANDS
Newbie
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 13,841
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

I like popcron
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #154
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,497
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

my pen is huge
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 10:58 PM   #155
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,976
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
my pen is huge
^^^ watch out for this guy.. the pen is mightier than the sword!
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:02 PM   #156
muddinman56
blood,sweat and beers
 
muddinman56's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-06-08
Location: armada michigan
Posts: 3,691
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREASYHANDS View Post
I like popcron
Have you tried kettle corn by orville redenbacher
Now that's good popping corn
muddinman56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #157
KCameron13
Weekend Warrior
 
KCameron13's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-05-11
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 1,272
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by concreteguy82 View Post
^^^ watch out for this guy.. the pen is mightier than the sword!
I bet that pen has been used as a sword. See the anal comments prior....
KCameron13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:03 PM   #158
Grassman
RFK
 
Grassman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-10-08
Location: Belmont, Mi
Posts: 19,075
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Wow, I was just goMan for a few hours and all of this. Since there is so much here, let me touch on a few topics:

1. I stand corrected in my use of the word racist. I'm not sure what the proper term is, gay-basher maybe? Either way, I do consider anti-gay statements and beliefs to be on the same level as racism. That is just how I feel.

2. I am not gay, as has been suggested several times. I have nothing to prove either way, but the fact is I am heterosexual. I do however sympathize with the gay rights movement.

3. Will a symbol do anything? Is posting a pic on Facebook, or here, any sort of power, well probably not. But it does show my support for the cause, no different than I am very proud of the American Flag when I see it or use it. It is a symbol, and symbols invoke hope.

4. Did I do this as an experiment? Well frankly yes. After posting it on Facebook, a forum with broad public view in which most people use their real names, 99% has been positive. So I wondered how it would go here, where people hide behind usernames and faceless avatars. I do know many of you personally, and I really wasn't surprised by the answers I've seen from those of you I know. Those of you I don't know are the ones that tend to be more extreme. Very interesting!
My Name Is Randy Koll. Marriage Is For A man And Woman. Do What You Want Behind Closed Doors, I Can't Control That. Do Not Make A Joke Out Of An Institution That Holds The Fabric Of A Family Together.

If You Can't Procreate Together, You Can't Be Married To Each Other. Its That Simple. Call It Hate, Intolerance, "Racist", Or Ignorant. I Don't Care. You Are Entitled To Your Opinions
__________________
when you say "someday" remember its just code for "never"
Grassman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #159
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,596
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Would I change my profile pic? No cause I like Angus Young better than an = symbol.

Would I support marriage equality? Yep!

It doesn't bother me one bit who wants to marry who, I think marriage is a racket to begin with. The whole sanctity of marriage argument is a whole pile of bullshit to begin with. Hows that 50% or greater divorce rate work for you? I'm sure there has never been a politician, entertainer, scientist, religious leader or other influential leader that has ever cheated in there marriage. Nope can't think of 1, I can think of thousands!

If its your religious belief not to be gay, thats fine but don't deny others just cause you don't think it's "appropriate", don't we live in America where there is supposed to be a separation between church and state? Everyone got all pissy when their 2nd amendment rights were threatened when AR's & AK's were to be "banned" but they turn a blind eye when other basic rights and freedoms are denied to others just cause they don't fit their personal beliefs. Also to those pious folk of that believe in the 8lb. baby Jesus, while not a religious scolar I'm pretty sure that Jesus spoke of the love, compassion and understanding of all people's. Not just a select few.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2013, 11:08 PM   #160
KCameron13
Weekend Warrior
 
KCameron13's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-05-11
Location: Farmington Hills, MI
Posts: 1,272
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grassman View Post
My Name Is Randy Koll. Marriage Is For A man And Woman. Do What You Want Behind Closed Doors, I Can't Control That. Do Not Make A Joke Out Of An Institution That Holds The Fabric Of A Family Together.

If You Can't Procreate Together, You Can't Be Married To Each Other. Its That Simple. Call It Hate, Intolerance, "Racist", Or Ignorant. I Don't Care. You Are Entitled To Your Opinions
I Agree With Your Points, Even More So With Your Capitalization. Makes It Seem Way More Politically Correct.
:Sonicjay:
KCameron13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.48515 seconds with 82 queries