Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Lets See Your Tow Rig

391K views 1K replies 419 participants last post by  SHARPMACHINE 
#1 · (Edited)

2001 Super Duty 7.3 My DD and Toy Hauler 135,000 mi.

See less See more
#963 ·

Finally got a hitch installed on my new(to me) tow rig. I took the trailer to the elevator to get weight, 440lbs, sheesh.

#966 ·
tow rig

1997 F350 Crew Cab. Runs 7.3 powerstroke turbo. Full power (windows, seats, etc.). A/C even works.

Dual tanks, stock motor and non chipped so far.

CB, full emergency lights, 12.5 k winch

I used a trailer for years. Since making the switch to this set up, I had a face/palm moment and me and my buddy agree "never going back to trailer".

I plan on upgrading several things:
Has two air bag helper for a total of additional 10k capacity, Compressor is slow (upgrade)
King Ranch interior in the spring (drove 8 hours one-way to pick up a suburban, my a$$ was not comfortable in the cloth, un heated, and failing lumbar support seats.

Additionally, would like to chip it, air intake, and run stacks.

#970 ·
Thank you. In all honesty, that what I initially thought too (plates, insurance, etc.). But It makes for a great back up vehicle if my DD dies, parts are plentiful, and in all honesty, you simply dont have to worry.
Additionally, I have driven it this winter off an on to give my DD a break, and found that when it snows, there are many people who need towed. To date since december, $500. That covers my insurance. Lol.