Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #61
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,972
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
1. What would be the point of me saying "To me, from my world view, it's absolute. " If I didn't think there was any other way to believe? Sure, you can believe what ever you want. But to me, From my world view, there is only one way to the Father and it's through Jesus Christ. If you don't like that, don't believe it. I refuse to water down my beliefs because someone isn't comfortable with my confidence in my Savior and what he taught.

2. There is plenty of things behind what I believe. None that will prove anything to you though.

I have no control over what people believe. The only control I may, by accident or misconception, is what ever is given to me by the individual. If you want to get your panties in a bunch because I wont' say "yeah there are plenty of ways to get into heaven" then you better wear something you find comfortable up there. Because it's not going to happen. I may be wrong, but I'd rather be strong in my convictions and be wrong then easily swayed.

Feel free to believe what ever you want.
Where's the LIKE button?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #62
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,872
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post


I say it like I see it and all other religions are false. Other religions do exist, we see it all over the planet, many gods and many followers. These other gods do not heal people of their diseases, heal the broken hearted. God created an empty place on our souls that only can be filled by Him.


Why is it so hard to accept or believe at least the minute possibility that all religions could very well be worshiping the same damn flying spaghetti monster in the sky?

Do the means really matter, or is it the ends that justify whatever means were used?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #63
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,099
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post



With an attitude like yours i can see that you are closed minded to anything you didn't understand and you say Christians are closed minded
Wait, so because I didn't like something and chose to go another path (for now) that means I didn't understand it and I am closed minded?



The dumb fuckery you're spreading is hilarious.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #64
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,932
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I'm sorry that you think I am a DB because I would like to see a life that God has planned for you.
No, you are a d bag because of the way you push your beliefs on to everybody else. YOU are what is wrong with Christianity.
__________________
I hate being bipolar, its great!

jeep turned buggy now back to jeep
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=175584
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 07:43 PM   #65
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Why is it so hard to accept or believe at least the minute possibility that all religions could very well be worshiping the same damn flying spaghetti monster in the sky?

Do the means really matter, or is it the ends that justify whatever means were used?
Sure, it could be All the same thing. I choose to pick one thing, backed with the multiple and specific times I have seen God, as explained in the Christian holy scripture act.

And, what I have been trying to say Is that the means are vital. Any other means would fall short according to we believe. Only Christ can give us the means to be with the father. That is why I say that there is no other way. That is what we believe and there is not any gray area to dabble in.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:47 PM   #66
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I have telepathically conveyed my wishes to my invisible genderless being in the sky letting them know I don't like how you guys are acting.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #67
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,329
iTrader: (6)
Damn, the church stoop "insert racial slur here" got out again.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 09:31 PM   #68
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: A little North of Deetroit and a little South of Roseville
Posts: 23,232
iTrader: (12)
Well, this didn't go the direction I thought it would, but should have expected.

As an atheist, I would be very disappointed in the Christians here did not try to convince non believers in the existence of God- after all, they claim to care for all humanity so why wouldn't they want to try to save your soul?


Me, I have seen no evidence of a soul...
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:26 PM   #69
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,194
iTrader: (44)
Our bodies are nothing more than vehicles. When we lose our vehicle we can no longer honk our horns
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:31 PM   #70
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,194
iTrader: (44)
When someone we know wins the lottery we are happy for them, but when someone dies a tragic death we are sad and upset because they are going to heaven?
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 05:31 AM   #71
BRUSER
Senior Member
 
BRUSER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: WestSide Michigan
Posts: 1,321
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Then I guess Arlington is full of dead Christians?
I guess you should go to Arlington and visit. There are plenty of graves of heros marked with the "star of David" as well as many marked with no religous affiliation. Assumptions can be a bitch sometimes.
BRUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:21 AM   #72
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Why is it so hard to accept or believe at least the minute possibility that all religions could very well be worshiping the same damn flying spaghetti monster in the sky?

Do the means really matter, or is it the ends that justify whatever means were used?
How would we keep wars going if all the religions agreed on one god?
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #73
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,860
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
When someone we know wins the lottery we are happy for them, but when someone dies a tragic death we are sad and upset because they are going to heaven?
My experience is that funerals are for the people still alive. Most that I been to have been a celebration.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:25 AM   #74
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,063
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Here we go again......

Maybe we read the bible and didn't like it?
Maybe we read the bible and didn't believe it?
Maybe we read and chose another path that better fit us?
Maybe if you christians weren't so closed fucking minded you wouldn't all act like a bunch of fucksticks?
I dont care what you believe, and I will NEVER shove something down your throat.

You read the bible and didnt like it? What a little cunt. Did you like all of your vegtables as a child?
You read the bible and didnt understand it? I've been reading the bible for forty years and I dont understand much of it. There are religoius professors and preists who have studied the bible for thousands of years and still dissagree on a lot of what it means.
I know, you are the allmighty kickstand, knower of all things.

Im sure you have choosen a better path thats easier for you, better for you? Only time will tell. I dont know whats going to happen, only what I believe.

I am the most open minded person you will ever meet. I try to live a christian life style but dont push it on others. Im not very good at it because at times like this I have no compasion for you, and hope you burn in hell.

I am not acting dickstand, this is who I am.
I would rather try to live a christian life style and help people then be a complete asshole like you are.
If being a complete asshole to people on here makes you feel better, so be it.

I went to a christian school for 8 years
I went to church twice every sunday for 15 years as a child
I went to sunday school, catacism, and cadets for 15 years
I have read, studdied the bible for over forty years

None of this made me a christian. It opened my mind enough to realize that I can believe in things I cant see.

I realize this means nothing to you because you are the one with a closed mind. You will just say I am bragging about how much time I have spent in church.
Thats fine, I get it. When you are a erogent,egotistical asshole who knows it all you have to be on the offensive all the time.
I would love to see you act the way you do in my local bar. You would only do it once, I promise you that.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:28 AM   #75
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,099
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I dont care what you believe, and I will NEVER shove something down your throat.

You read the bible and didnt like it? What a little cunt. Did you like all of your vegtables as a child?
You read the bible and didnt understand it? I've been reading the bible for forty years and I dont understand much of it. There are religoius professors and preists who have studied the bible for thousands of years and still dissagree on a lot of what it means.
I know, you are the allmighty kickstand, knower of all things.

Im sure you have choosen a better path thats easier for you, better for you? Only time will tell. I dont know whats going to happen, only what I believe.

I am the most open minded person you will ever meet. I try to live a christian life style but dont push it on others. Im not very good at it because at times like this I have no compasion for you, and hope you burn in hell.

I am not acting dickstand, this is who I am.
I would rather try to live a christian life style and help people then be a complete asshole like you are.
If being a complete asshole to people on here makes you feel better, so be it.

I went to a christian school for 8 years
I went to church twice every sunday for 15 years as a child
I went to sunday school, catacism, and cadets for 15 years
I have read, studdied the bible for over forty years

None of this made me a christian. It opened my mind enough to realize that I can believe in things I cant see.

I realize this means nothing to you because you are the one with a closed mind. You will just say I am bragging about how much time I have spent in church.
Thats fine, I get it. When you are a erogent,egotistical asshole who knows it all you have to be on the offensive all the time.
I would love to see you act the way you do in my local bar. You would only do it once, I promise you that.


Not only are you a christian, your a hypocritical little name calling christian who uses naughty words.

Why would I go to your local bar? I'm not into sister fucking....that's not very christian you know.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #76
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,692
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post


Not only are you a christian, your a hypocritical little name calling christian who uses naughty words.

Why would I go to your local bar? I'm not into sister fucking....that's not very christian you know.

On the Contrary..............Christians fail and sin on a daily basis too. We're all human. In Christ, we just have a way to receive forgiveness for our short comings.
Its you who hold us to a higher standard, because you follow the pier pressure of anti-Christianity. Turn an look at those who accuse, should they get a free pass just because they relish and openly live in sin?
Knowing your background, knowledge, and education, I too hold you more accountable when you post, not to speak like a complete moron.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #77
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,194
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
On the Contrary..............Christians fail and sin on a daily basis too. We're all human. In Christ, we just have a way to receive forgiveness for our short comings.
Its you who hold us to a higher standard, because you follow the pier pressure of anti-Christianity. Turn an look at those who accuse, should they get a free pass just because they relish and openly live in sin?
Knowing your background, knowledge, and education, I too hold you more accountable when you post, not to speak like a complete moron.
I think he is just cranky or steveo raped him. Either or would explain him
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #78
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,099
iTrader: (46)
Oh, so since he's christian its ok to be a dick, but since I am not a christian and I am not asking your god for foregiveness I am not allowed to be a dick?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 08:47 AM   #79
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,194
iTrader: (44)
Why be a dick? Not necessary.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2013, 09:15 AM   #80
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 20,692
iTrader: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Oh, so since he's christian its ok to be a dick, but since I am not a christian and I am not asking your god for foregiveness I am not allowed to be a dick?
My God gave you free will, you can be a dick all you want in His eyes. I'm saying you cant be a dick, because you are educated. Your fault man, you should have dropped out of school, and lived off the tax dole.

Last edited by FORD FLARESIDE; March 5th, 2013 at 09:19 AM.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22804 seconds with 53 queries