PSA: Christians are bad drivers - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #41
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Either you're with Him or you're not. And if you're not with Him, do you know the alternative?
Yeah there are all sorts of alternatives, remember abe, just because you think your way is the only way doesn't mean there aren't other ways, quit being such a stereotypical christian douchebag
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 4th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #42
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,474
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Yeah there are all sorts of alternatives, remember abe, just because you think your way is the only way doesn't mean there aren't other ways, quit being such a stereotypical christian douchebag
You mean like the Athiestic Douchebag who started this thread in the first place?

Call them equal on both sides there KS.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #43
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,946
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Um...I don't see crosses?

Attachment 102697
try a smaller picture next time









to be fair, Arlington is full of too many dead patriots, regardless of their beliefs, lack thereof, or whether such is affixed to their grave marker.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #44
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
You mean like the Athiestic Douchebag who started this thread in the first place?

Call them equal on both sides there KS.
To be fair, the atheist who started the thread never brought anything up about how it was only christianity or the alternative. He actually mentioned that he never noticed other types of religions putting up "crosses" near where an accident/death occurred on the roads. He named a couple of the alternatives that Aber was unwilling to name as alternatives to his religion, the only religion he believes exists.

Sorry, only Abe became a douchebag in this particular thread.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #45
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,500
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Default

In Abe's defense I don't think he is a db. I think he is passionate about whatever it is he believes and likely got offended by all the funny being made.
Maybe he forgot he is in the pub?

Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:17 PM   #46
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,065
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
In Abe's defense I don't think he is a db. I think he is passionate about whatever it is he believes and likely got offended by all the funny being made.
Maybe he forgot he is in the pub?

I agree. He believes it is his duty as a christian to help others find christianity.

I also believe that if some of you studied the bible and went to "the holy land" you may change your beleif system a little. When you go to bethlehem, jersalum, the dead sea and see things with your own eyes that were written about thousands of years ago it's hard to argue with. I personally have not been, but my mother has toured their a bunch and has shown me things I cant argue with.
Is the bible full of fiction, interpretations, and conflict? Certainly. That doesnt mean it isnt full of the truth also.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM   #47
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I agree. He believes it is his duty as a christian to help others find christianity.

I also believe that if some of you studied the bible and went to "the holy land" you may change your beleif system a little. When you go to bethlehem, jersalum, the dead sea and see things with your own eyes that were written about thousands of years ago it's hard to argue with. I personally have not been, but my mother has toured their a bunch and has shown me things I cant argue with.
Is the bible full of fiction, interpretations, and conflict? Certainly. That doesnt mean it isnt full of the truth also.
Here we go again......

Maybe we read the bible and didn't like it?
Maybe we read the bible and didn't believe it?
Maybe we read and chose another path that better fit us?
Maybe if you christians weren't so closed fucking minded you wouldn't all act like a bunch of fucksticks?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM   #48
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I agree. He believes it is his duty as a christian to help others find christianity.

I also believe that if some of you studied the bible and went to "the holy land" you may change your beleif system a little. When you go to bethlehem, jersalum, the dead sea and see things with your own eyes that were written about thousands of years ago it's hard to argue with. I personally have not been, but my mother has toured their a bunch and has shown me things I cant argue with.
Is the bible full of fiction, interpretations, and conflict? Certainly. That doesnt mean it isnt full of the truth also.
Right, all 6000 years of it.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #49
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,474
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Here we go again......

Maybe we read the bible and didn't like it?
Maybe we read the bible and didn't believe it?
Maybe we read and chose another path that better fit us?
Maybe if you christians weren't so closed fucking minded you wouldn't all act like a bunch of fucksticks?
You haven't read the Bible,..........just stop!
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #50
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,926
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
you just figured this out they are fun to fukc with though. it is funny watching them try to justify their belief in the imaginary man in the sky when they have no proof except for some book that has no real life facts that can be proven with scientific evidence.
I would say it's fun to watch all the non-believers justify what they 'believe', but it's really not. It's more sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Here we go again......

Maybe we read the bible and didn't like it?
Maybe we read the bible and didn't believe it?
Maybe we read and chose another path that better fit us?
Maybe if you christians weren't so closed fucking minded you wouldn't all act like a bunch of fucksticks?
Maybe We see it from a different world view where it's absolute truth.
Maybe, just maybe, you guys are the ones who are closed minded and fail to realize that.


I'm all for satire on my religion. One of my favorite movies is Dogma. I just take questions from the peanut gallery and try to answer them from my world view. One that is very different from most of yours, but not bad. It doesn't make me ignorant or on a different level then you, it's just different.

Here's a thought. Maybe the reason you see so many crosses on the side of the road is because the people putting up the crosses have a solid belief in the eternal and use that symbol to remind the selves to live thier lives when they still can.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:04 PM   #51
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
You haven't read the Bible,..........just stop!
How in the world would you know and why would you make such an assumption?

I've picked up and read a bible plenty of times. I was open minded enough to pick it up and consider it, are any of you christians open minded enough to let other people do as they please?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #52
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post



Maybe We see it from a different world view where it's absolute truth.
Maybe, just maybe, you guys are the ones who are closed minded and fail to realize that.


I'm all for satire on my religion. One of my favorite movies is Dogma. I just take questions from the peanut gallery and try to answer them from my world view. One that is very different from most of yours, but not bad. It doesn't make me ignorant or on a different level then you, it's just different.

Here's a thought. Maybe the reason you see so many crosses on the side of the road is because the people putting up the crosses have a solid belief in the eternal and use that symbol to remind the selves to live thier lives when they still can.
1. It is what you believe, that does not make it absolute truth.
2. If I have considered christianity, and considered other religions and continue to do so all the time to see if I have found something that I can believe in how in the world would that make me closed minded?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:17 PM   #53
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,975
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
1. It is what you believe, that does not make it absolute truth.
2. If I have considered christianity, and considered other religions and continue to do so all the time to see if I have found something that I can believe in how in the world would that make me closed minded?
Amen.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #54
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,025
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

What turns me off most about Christianity is The Christian attitude that people like aber have. Even if I believed in god people like that would turn me off from going to church.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #55
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,992
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

Ever visit a Military Cemetary?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Route55 View Post
Um...I don't see crosses?

Attachment 102697
__________________
shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #56
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #57
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,926
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
1. It is what you believe, that does not make it absolute truth.
2. If I have considered christianity, and considered other religions and continue to do so all the time to see if I have found something that I can believe in how in the world would that make me closed minded?
1. To me, from my world view, it's absolute.

2. I'm not saying that part has made you closed minded. I'm saying you can't wrap your head around the fact that some Christians are confident enough in thier believes to not have to put "this is what I believe" or find some kind of middle ground. I merely stated, from my perspective, that there is no other truth except what comes from God. If you don't like it, bounce it off your 'thick skin' and get over it. I'm not trying to change any of you guys, I'm merely trying to explain my faith in a real, honest way.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #58
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,934
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
1. To me, from my world view, it's absolute.

2. I'm not saying that part has made you closed minded. I'm saying you can't wrap your head around the fact that some Christians are confident enough in thier believes to not have to put "this is what I believe" or find some kind of middle ground. I merely stated, from my perspective, that there is no other truth except what comes from God. If you don't like it, bounce it off your 'thick skin' and get over it. I'm not trying to change any of you guys, I'm merely trying to explain my faith in a real, honest way.
I love this, you can't even be logical enough to understand not everyone believes the way you do. Bounce that off YOUR thick skin and let me know how that works for you.

1. It may be your absolute truth, but you fail to realize it is not everyones.
2. I can wrap my head around the fact that some christians are confident enough in their beliefs to not have to put anything behind it. What I can not wrap my head around is that you can't allow anyone else to believe anything else with out thinking your way is the only way.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:13 PM   #59
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,926
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I love this, you can't even be logical enough to understand not everyone believes the way you do. Bounce that off YOUR thick skin and let me know how that works for you.

1. It may be your absolute truth, but you fail to realize it is not everyones.
2. I can wrap my head around the fact that some christians are confident enough in their beliefs to not have to put anything behind it. What I can not wrap my head around is that you can't allow anyone else to believe anything else with out thinking your way is the only way.
1. What would be the point of me saying "To me, from my world view, it's absolute. " If I didn't think there was any other way to believe? Sure, you can believe what ever you want. But to me, From my world view, there is only one way to the Father and it's through Jesus Christ. If you don't like that, don't believe it. I refuse to water down my beliefs because someone isn't comfortable with my confidence in my Savior and what he taught.

2. There is plenty of things behind what I believe. None that will prove anything to you though.

I have no control over what people believe. The only control I may, by accident or misconception, is what ever is given to me by the individual. If you want to get your panties in a bunch because I wont' say "yeah there are plenty of ways to get into heaven" then you better wear something you find comfortable up there. Because it's not going to happen. I may be wrong, but I'd rather be strong in my convictions and be wrong then easily swayed.

Feel free to believe what ever you want.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4th, 2013, 04:24 PM   #60
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Yeah there are all sorts of alternatives, remember abe, just because you think your way is the only way doesn't mean there aren't other ways, quit being such a stereotypical christian douchebag
I'm sorry that you think I am a DB because I would like to see a life that God has planned for you.
There are other ways and just because they might make you feel good and right at the time does not mean they are.
Think of your kids for a minute, they want to do things that you know are not good for them and could get them in trouble or hurt. They say to you that it feels right and you should let them do what they want.
God has a plan for all of us and it is not about us, it is all about Christ and what He did for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
To be fair, the atheist who started the thread never brought anything up about how it was only christianity or the alternative. He actually mentioned that he never noticed other types of religions putting up "crosses" near where an accident/death occurred on the roads. He named a couple of the alternatives that Aber was unwilling to name as alternatives to his religion, the only religion he believes exists.

Sorry, only Abe became a douchebag in this particular thread.
I say it like I see it and all other religions are false. Other religions do exist, we see it all over the planet, many gods and many followers. These other gods do not heal people of their diseases, heal the broken hearted. God created an empty place on our souls that only can be filled by Him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
In Abe's defense I don't think he is a db. I think he is passionate about whatever it is he believes and likely got offended by all the funny being made.
Maybe he forgot he is in the pub?

I don't get offended at least I try not to. And I didn't know it was in the pub. I just replied to the post.
We can't keep God in a box like the pub, He's God He can go anywhere He wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Here we go again......

Maybe we read the bible and didn't like it?
Maybe we read the bible and didn't believe it?
Maybe we read and chose another path that better fit us?
Maybe if you christians weren't so closed fucking minded you wouldn't all act like a bunch of fucksticks?
With an attitude like yours i can see that you are closed minded to anything you didn't understand and you say Christians are closed minded
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:40 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33063 seconds with 83 queries