Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:18 PM   #41
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
The ammo wasn't purchased by the DoD, it was purchased by the DHS. Doesn't it make you wonder at all what they need all that ammo for? Or 7000 "personal protection rifles"? Or all the "No Hesitation" targets?

Once again, the department of homeland SECURITY
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #42
SS
Such Majestic. Wow.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 11,473
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Default

It's alright. Bruce just doesn't give a fukc about the world that he leaves behind for his children.
__________________
-Jeremy

AMERICA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:23 PM   #43
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
So, what is a police force who's main purpose is to stop suspicious people from entering the US training for with all that ammo? Is there a mass invasion of terrorist they aren't warning us about?
No, but I keep hearing of problems with our southern border, and everyone wanting the administration to do something about it. This sounds like it could be part of doing something, and everyone's unhappy about it. I don't get it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:29 PM   #44
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,409
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
No, but I keep hearing of problems with our southern border, and everyone wanting the administration to do something about it. This sounds like it could be part of doing something, and everyone's unhappy about it. I don't get it.
So, then- why wouldn't the 'No Hesitation' targets be more, well, hispanic looking?

And 1.5 BILLION rounds is a lot for border patrol.

Taking that at face value, it still implies the DHS is expecting some sort of SHTF scenario, even if it's a massive drug cartel attack.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:39 PM   #45
crosseyed cat
safety cone killer !!!
 
crosseyed cat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-10
Location: Reed City MI
Posts: 325
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Often wondered why they have put 2 additions on the prison in Baldwin,with no prisoners in it
crosseyed cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM   #46
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
It's alright. Bruce just doesn't give a fukc about the world that he leaves behind for his children.
Nothing could be further from the truth.

I just fail to see the problem with a well trained and well equipped security force. I suspect that none of you would have a problem with this if there was a conservative in charge, and I suspect that if it was going the other way, if they said they were decreasing the amount of weapons, bullets, and other supplies available to the various federal law enforcement agencies, you would be just as up in harms about it, saying it showed he wasn't serious about fighting crime and protecting our borders.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM   #47
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
So, then- why wouldn't the 'No Hesitation' targets be more, well, hispanic looking?

And 1.5 BILLION rounds is a lot for border patrol.

Taking that at face value, it still implies the DHS is expecting some sort of SHTF scenario, even if it's a massive drug cartel attack.
Border patrol is only one part of it.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 07:47 PM   #48
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,409
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Border patrol is only one part of it.
I'm aware of that.

That's what's unsettling about this.

While an outright attack on the US people is unlikely for a number of reasons (political suicide for the person giving the order is one) they are gearing up for something, and my gut tells me it's something more serious than a gun grab.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:04 PM   #49
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,379
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I'm aware of that.

That's what's unsettling about this.

While an outright attack on the US people is unlikely for a number of reasons (political suicide for the person giving the order is one) they are gearing up for something, and my gut tells me it's something more serious than a gun grab.
My gut feeling is that they are seeing all the same things the rest of us are seeing and are gearing up for the worst. I also feel that this is exactly what they should be doing.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:41 PM   #50
g00fy1
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum
 
g00fy1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-19-10
Location: Monroe, MI
Posts: 428
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
the ammo wasn't purchased by the dod, it was purchased by the dhs. Doesn't it make you wonder at all what they need all that ammo for? Or 7000 "personal protection rifles"? Or all the "no hesitation" targets?



^^
Wtf ?!
__________________
Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid. - John Wayne
g00fy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:52 PM   #51
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,409
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
My gut feeling is that they are seeing all the same things the rest of us are seeing and are gearing up for the worst. I also feel that this is exactly what they should be doing.
So what scenario does you gut say that DHS is justified in firing on a pregnant woman?

Those damn targets just bug me.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:53 PM   #52
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Is it really being paranoid when you read some disturbing news and inform others what you read?
If thats the case then everybody should have listened to obama and be concerned about the cuts from the sequester
It is when your 'disturbing news' is based on a factoid surrounded complete bullshit.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 08:57 PM   #53
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
So what scenario does you gut say that DHS is justified in firing on a pregnant woman?

Those damn targets just bug me.
Um, a pregnant woman pointing a gun at you? Or are you pretty certain guns don't work when pregnant women are holding them
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:19 PM   #54
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,409
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Um, a pregnant woman pointing a gun at you? Or are you pretty certain guns don't work when pregnant women are holding them
The question is:

Why does the DHS feel that a pregnant woman would be pointing a gun at a DHS officer?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:24 PM   #55
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Once again, the department of homeland SECURITY
Yeah, probably nothing to be concerned about at all. I mean, it should be no big deal at all if DHS is preparing themselves to protect us here in the US. 1 1/2 to 2 billion rounds should be enough ammo to protect us from something really big. Which they will definitely need to do since everyone on the Left is trying their hardest to disarm us so we won't be able to defend ourselves.

They definitely need to protect us from the kinds of people depicted on the targets they purchased, that's for sure.

Nothing to see here. Move along, citizen.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #56
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
The question is:

Why does the DHS feel that a pregnant woman would be pointing a gun at a DHS officer?
Has anybody thought of asking them that question? Oh, probably not. That would quell too much hysteria... Who would log on to infowars without the hysteria?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:41 PM   #57
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 706
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Has anybody thought of asking them that question? Oh, probably not. That would quell too much hysteria... Who would log on to infowars without the hysteria?
Would be nice if the media would ask them. Oh wait, that would be asking them to do their freaking job! It would get in the way of them blaming Republicans for the sequester.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:43 PM   #58
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,409
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Has anybody thought of asking them that question? Oh, probably not. That would quell too much hysteria... Who would log on to infowars without the hysteria?
What kind of answer, if any, would you expect?

Maybe I'll ask the next DHS officer I see, or maybe I'll e-mail them and they'll tell the entire story.


Oh- right, I'm betting the press has already asked that and received no answer. I can't find one.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:48 PM   #59
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
Would be nice if the media would ask them. Oh wait, that would be asking them to do their freaking job! It would get in the way of them blaming Republicans for the sequester.
No doubt about that.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2013, 09:52 PM   #60
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,037
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
What kind of answer, if any, would you expect?

Maybe I'll ask the next DHS officer I see, or maybe I'll e-mail them and they'll tell the entire story.


Oh- right, I'm betting the press has already asked that and received no answer. I can't find one.
I suppose it doesn't matter what answer they give, it would be a lie because they are out to take ur gunzzzzz
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23217 seconds with 52 queries