Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #1
Disco Stocker
№ ℮ Ђ ώқ Θה ς├│ﺝ
 
Disco Stocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-30-06
Location: Lansing, Mi
Posts: 1,274
iTrader: (7)
salvage title ?? Bad ??

Looking to buy a vehicle with a salvage title. I don't know how i feel. Its a theft recovery and the body is original and beautiful. The lil thieves did set a fire to the interior but it didn't take but it did some damage. I still have not talked to the bank to ask what I can to do finance or the insurance co to ask how to insure it. The truck is priced about 40 percent less then kbb private value.

Should i not consider it... I know resale is out the window but i feel i will drive it into the ground anyhow.
Disco Stocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #2
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,468
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco Stocker View Post
Looking to buy a vehicle with a salvage title. I don't know how i feel. Its a theft recovery and the body is original and beautiful. The lil thieves did set a fire to the interior but it didn't take but it did some damage. I still have not talked to the bank to ask what I can to do finance or the insurance co to ask how to insure it. The truck is priced about 40 percent less then kbb private value.

Should i not consider it... I know resale is out the window but i feel i will drive it into the ground anyhow.
i dont think the bank will finance it unless you do a personal loan
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #3
ReiKo
Community Smart Ass.....
 
ReiKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-13
Location: Detroit
Posts: 437
iTrader: (2)
You can still get insurance on it... What kind of vehicle?
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:56 AM   #4
Durangoman
not a jeep but fun
 
Durangoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-10
Location: Swanton Ohio
Posts: 110
iTrader: (0)
I bought a car from a guy and he didn't tell me it was salvage but I had no problems with insurance but it is a pain to sell off later on I plan on driving the wheels off it then junking it
Durangoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #5
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
salvage/rebuilt title can often be difficult to finance/insure, but I've owned a couple, not that big of a deal.

scrap title = no bueno
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:30 AM   #6
GearDrive
A little slow
 
Join Date: 10-30-07
Location: Charlotte, Mi
Posts: 537
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
salvage/rebuilt title can often be difficult to finance/insure, but I've owned a couple, not that big of a deal.

scrap title = no bueno
How do they establish the value on a salvage vehicle as far as license plate cost? Is it the same as a regular title? Ive bought a few clean title repairables and am considering a salvage also.
GearDrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:34 AM   #7
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,271
iTrader: (12)
License plates are priced according to the value of the vehicle new.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7...5432--,00.html
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 08:49 AM   #8
newdodge
jeep life
 
newdodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-06
Location: newport mi
Posts: 4,149
iTrader: (55)
i have a 06 dodge ram 4x4 4 door big horn 55k i payed $6700 for it. that has a rebuilt title it got hit on driver side front axle. insure will do plpd thats it bank would not do financeing like car loan so i had to do a personal loan it was easy.
newdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 09:16 AM   #9
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearDrive View Post
How do they establish the value on a salvage vehicle as far as license plate cost? Is it the same as a regular title? Ive bought a few clean title repairables and am considering a salvage also.
I don't recall any details on licensing. I don't recall anything out of the ordinary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdodge View Post
i have a 06 dodge ram 4x4 4 door big horn 55k i payed $6700 for it. that has a rebuilt title it got hit on driver side front axle. insure will do plpd thats it bank would not do financeing like car loan so i had to do a personal loan it was easy.
Maybe your bank wouldn't do a loan, and maybe your insurance company wouldn't fully insure it. But I did not have any problems in the past. I think it all boils down to the particular bank and insurance company.

In fact, my insurance companies have never even asked to see my title, nor asked what color it was, or if the vehicle was a salvage/rebuilt, or clean title.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:38 AM   #10
newdodge
jeep life
 
newdodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-06
Location: newport mi
Posts: 4,149
iTrader: (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I don't recall any details on licensing. I don't recall anything out of the ordinary.


Maybe your bank wouldn't do a loan, and maybe your insurance company wouldn't fully insure it. But I did not have any problems in the past. I think it all boils down to the particular bank and insurance company.

In fact, my insurance companies have never even asked to see my title, nor asked what color it was, or if the vehicle was a salvage/rebuilt, or clean title.
my insurance wanted pic of it before thay would strat my insurance yes. i think your right about insurance companies dont care and some do and my bank was assholes about this truck so we. i payed the truck off i left them monroe mbt.
newdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM   #11
newdodge
jeep life
 
newdodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-18-06
Location: newport mi
Posts: 4,149
iTrader: (55)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
License plates are priced according to the value of the vehicle new.

http://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,7...5432--,00.html
when i put plates on my ram it was the same as if you got s new truck with out the title rebuild
newdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 10:42 AM   #12
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 17,468
iTrader: (155)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdodge View Post
my insurance wanted pic of it before thay would strat my insurance yes. i think your right about insurance companies dont care and some do and my bank was assholes about this truck so we. i payed the truck off i left them monroe mbt.
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #13
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,106
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
Don't make fun of him for his grammar, pure stupidity, or general lack of ability to put together a complete sentence so he doesn't look like he has been dropped on his head. He gets all upset about it.

I mean, who would ever want to try and not look retarded?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:35 AM   #14
green50gt
Got rocks?
 
green50gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-08
Location: Goshen, IN 46528
Posts: 2,592
iTrader: (46)
My first ever Wrangler had a rebuilt title. Had no issues getting a loan for it, and had full coverage on it through State Farm.

If it's still in a salvage state, you would have to go through the paperwork to get it turned into a rebuilt title - Well that's Indiana anyway I suppose.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:40 AM   #15
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by green50gt View Post
My first ever Wrangler had a rebuilt title. Had no issues getting a loan for it, and had full coverage on it through State Farm.

If it's still in a salvage state, you would have to go through the paperwork to get it turned into a rebuilt title - Well that's Indiana anyway I suppose.
When I was doing my research a few months back I found that Michigan considered salvage and rebuilt to be the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by drunkencityworker View Post
"BREAK HIS FACE"
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #16
green50gt
Got rocks?
 
green50gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-08
Location: Goshen, IN 46528
Posts: 2,592
iTrader: (46)
Noted.
green50gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:58 PM   #17
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,271
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by silveradoboy View Post
When I was doing my research a few months back I found that Michigan considered salvage and rebuilt to be the same thing.
A lot of Craigslist seller feel the same.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 03:01 PM   #18
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
A lot of Craigslist seller feel the same.
They're also in mint condition when you ask them about it.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #19
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,140
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by newdodge View Post
i have a 06 dodge ram 4x4 4 door big horn 55k i payed $6700 for it. that has a rebuilt title it got hit on driver side front axle. insure will do plpd thats it bank would not do financeing like car loan so i had to do a personal loan it was easy.
so shouldn't your username be salvagedodge?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #20
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,271
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
so shouldn't your username be salvagedodge?
Or dogtrackingdodge
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.34018 seconds with 52 queries