Thank you DMJC - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #41
rangell
Ma' Meatloaf
 
rangell's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-07
Location: Linden, Mi.
Posts: 1,115
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
Ok, this is gonna be my feeble attempt to put the crap to bed, so if anything I say here offends anyone so be it...

I am happy to hear that DMJC is considering joining both organizations! I hope that every one of your members will seriously consider it.

I personally know quite a few of DMJC members, some of which I am happy to call my friends. I have never gotten the impression that they were high and mighty. Quite the opposite actually. They have always been welcoming to everyone around them and that is a very good thing. Maybe some of their members are excited to be able to say they ARE a member, much like youmay find from a member or Swamp Stompers, SoFo or any of the other clubs around here. It looks to me like they somehow teamed up with GLFWDA and UFWDA to get them to talk to the club at one of it's meetings, EXACTLY the same as the Swamp Stompers did a while back. It is MUCH easier that way. Good for them and good for GLFWDA

I am also happy to say that I personally know a bunch of members of both GLFWDA and UFWDA and again, some I can call my friends. I know Shawn. Not extremely well, but I feel like I know him enough to know that he is simply VERY passionate about everything to do with keeping the sport alive and improving. Were his choice of words great? Of course not, and I am sure he knows that now. Is he proud of what he does for wheeling? Absolutely, and rightfully so. Paul as well... great guy and he is exactly the person you all left your meeting believing he was. I have been around him enough times to know that he has always been the same person from the first time I met him.

Here is the bottom line. We all have the same common interest here. We may all like different types of wheeling or simply like to hang around people of the same interests as ours. Lets not forget, we all also have a WIDE range of personalities. I know a lot of people from several different clubs. There is not one group out there where everyone loves everybody else. Four wheel drive associations are no different. Each person also will bring a different quality to the table as well. We ALL need to be in this together as there is strength in numbers. Don't let a few stupid words typed on a computer get everyone all riled up for the wrong reason. Get riled up about what the state and the greenies are constantly taking away from you. I know for a fact that if some of you from both sides were to actually meet each other without anyone exchanging names, you would get along quite well.
Well said.
rangell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #42
Schoemann
-----------------------
 
Schoemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-12
Location: Grand Blanc, Mi
Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
Ok, this is gonna be my feeble attempt to put the crap to bed, so if anything I say here offends anyone so be it...

I am happy to hear that DMJC is considering joining both organizations! I hope that every one of your members will seriously consider it.

I personally know quite a few of DMJC members, some of which I am happy to call my friends. I have never gotten the impression that they were high and mighty. Quite the opposite actually. They have always been welcoming to everyone around them and that is a very good thing. Maybe some of their members are excited to be able to say they ARE a member, much like youmay find from a member or Swamp Stompers, SoFo or any of the other clubs around here. It looks to me like they somehow teamed up with GLFWDA and UFWDA to get them to talk to the club at one of it's meetings, EXACTLY the same as the Swamp Stompers did a while back. It is MUCH easier that way. Good for them and good for GLFWDA

I am also happy to say that I personally know a bunch of members of both GLFWDA and UFWDA and again, some I can call my friends. I know Shawn. Not extremely well, but I feel like I know him enough to know that he is simply VERY passionate about everything to do with keeping the sport alive and improving. Were his choice of words great? Of course not, and I am sure he knows that now. Is he proud of what he does for wheeling? Absolutely, and rightfully so. Paul as well... great guy and he is exactly the person you all left your meeting believing he was. I have been around him enough times to know that he has always been the same person from the first time I met him.

Here is the bottom line. We all have the same common interest here. We may all like different types of wheeling or simply like to hang around people of the same interests as ours. Lets not forget, we all also have a WIDE range of personalities. I know a lot of people from several different clubs. There is not one group out there where everyone loves everybody else. Four wheel drive associations are no different. Each person also will bring a different quality to the table as well. We ALL need to be in this together as there is strength in numbers. Don't let a few stupid words typed on a computer get everyone all riled up for the wrong reason. Get riled up about what the state and the greenies are constantly taking away from you. I know for a fact that if some of you from both sides were to actually meet each other without anyone exchanging names, you would get along quite well.
Well said. Thank you.
Schoemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 07:59 PM   #43
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,678
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

im not bashing dmjc! seems like a great club to me!

i was wondering was there a reason your members did not join glfwda already?
mabey glfwda can do something to change that image for other clubs.
did we turn you off in some way?(besides this post).
its easy for us to see the "good" in glfwda.
its not as easy for us to see the "other side" of glfwda.

as a former board member of glfwda please consider membership!
glfwda could sure use the help. there is power in numbers.

if you guys join shawn will buy you all a beer!

Last edited by joe_jeep; February 6th, 2013 at 08:15 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #44
yeha
Hoodwink
 
yeha's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-12
Location: Milan MI
Posts: 500
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ULFWDA/GLFWDA
The chance to meet with representatives of organizations like yours is rare and I am grateful that you came and allowed us as a group to pick your brain, as each one of us had questions that helped all of us make a educated choice.

SHAWN

I joined a group of people that share a passion.
Not a hurd of sheeple wanting to be told what to do.

There is much to be said about freedom. Now unless you are using that flag as your magic carpet ride...it should fly above, not below the dirt you say.
yeha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:39 PM   #45
Dirtspot
Senior Member
 
Dirtspot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-07-06
Location: Madison Heights
Posts: 1,376
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
I'm not going to bother quoting you, but the DMLC was a typo. Plain and simple. I was not out attacking DMJC, want nothing more then support for GLFWDA. I have already apologized, tried making things right, but for anybody to use me as an excuse to not join GLFWDA then I'm saddened by all of this.

Paul, sorry about all this. Never thought any comment I made would have done this.
I call BS on the typo!!!!!! One would be a typo not 3 or 4 going back and forth your a MOD so undelete your posts. Since it's pretty clear you're not sorry. I'm very passionate about the club I'm a member of, I generally don't even come out into the general forum especially in the pub. The Board of directors posted this in our forum so that those of us that don't frequent the pub could thank Paul, Ed and Jason for coming to our meeting to speak to us.
Serious question how many people from the DMJC do you know?
If anybody sounds High and mighty it is you.
Dirtspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 11:11 PM   #46
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,184
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

I have met Shawn, and have wheeled with him on a few occasions. Far more is being read into his post than what was there, I read it before deletion. I know few people that are as passionate as he is, he would not intentionally try to turn off people to GLFWDA.

I hope people can suck up egos, and realize the power in numbers. We are rapidly losing public land in this state and letting individual personalities, pride, or egos get in the way of trail stewardship is asinine, especially from a post that's original intention (from Paul) was very positive, as well as the meeting that was had with DMJC that seems to have been positive.

Whether anyone chooses to join or not is their decision, but with numbers comes power as the snowmobile clubs have proven. We already have an uphill battle as most media and government people just see us as a bunch of redneck's, we have to change that, and it only can be done with a unified, recognized, message.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #47
Schoemann
-----------------------
 
Schoemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-12
Location: Grand Blanc, Mi
Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
im not bashing dmjc! seems like a great club to me!

i was wondering was there a reason your members did not join glfwda already?
mabey glfwda can do something to change that image for other clubs.
did we turn you off in some way?(besides this post).
its easy for us to see the "good" in glfwda.
its not as easy for us to see the "other side" of glfwda.

as a former board member of glfwda please consider membership!
glfwda could sure use the help. there is power in numbers.

if you guys join shawn will buy you all a beer!
I am pretty new to wheeling and DMJC was my first exposure to a club. I have met some of the very best people through this organization, gained a lot of knowledge and more importantly learned responsible land use and safe wheeling. I believe having GLFWDA and UFDWA present was a way to help bolster membership in those organizations to help in the efforts and be additional voices to keep our trails open so that we can continue to use our land and enjoy these outdoor activities for generations to come.

It was great to have the folks from GLFWDA and UFDWA attend the monthly DMJC meeting to present information to our members that are both new and seasoned to wheeling. Our club is organized for the purpose of providing social, educational, and recreational activities for its members as well as participating in and supporting civic and environmental activities for the betterment of the community. We promote the sport and pastime of Jeep Vehicle travel in all phases plus enjoy and protect the natural resources and support the multiple use principle as it applies to public lands. DMJC is a family oriented club that promotes, organizes and holds outings, meetings, runs, excursions, reliability trials, hill climbs, cross-county trips and similar events to educate our members on responsible land use as well as safety on the trail, interest in and ownership of driving four wheel drive Jeep vehicles and the sport in general.

Paul, Ed and Jason gave a very professional and informative presentation to our club of new and seasoned members about the challenges that our sport is facing on a local, state and national level. We appreciated the time taken to educate our members on what is currently going on as well as what is on the horizon as it relates to our sport.

I believe this olive branch was well received and will help gain new, active members that will help in trail maintenance, attend meetings and support the initiatives that GLFWDA and UFDWA are taking up. This is however, an individual choice and decision for members of GL4x4, DMJC Et al. to support and spend their money on, and we should leave it as such.

Paul, Jason and Ed. These three are great representatives of their organizations and we appreciate their efforts.

Last edited by Schoemann; February 7th, 2013 at 06:43 AM.
Schoemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:07 AM   #48
shawn
Resident HVAC/R Jambi
 
shawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Milford/Commerce
Posts: 9,984
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shawn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
if you guys join shawn will buy you all a beer!
Gaurandamntee it!
__________________
shawn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:08 AM   #49
Schoemann
-----------------------
 
Schoemann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-29-12
Location: Grand Blanc, Mi
Posts: 1,758
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn View Post
Gaurandamntee it!
I'll take you up on that!
Schoemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #50
NightKrawler
Carnage Canyon
 
NightKrawler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-26-07
Location: Haslett, MI
Posts: 2,213
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoemann View Post
I am pretty new to wheeling and DMJC was my first exposure to a club. I have met some of the very best people through this organization, gained a lot of knowledge and more importantly learned responsible land use and safe wheeling. I believe having GLFWDA and UFDWA present was a way to help bolster membership in those organizations to help in the in the efforts and be additional voices to keep our trails open so that we can continue to use our land and enjoy these outdoor activities for generations to come.

It was great to have the folks from GLFWDA and UFDWA attend the monthly DMJC meeting to present information to our members that are both new and seasoned to wheeling. Our club is organized for the purpose of providing social, educational, and recreational activities for its members as well as participating in and supporting civic and environmental activities for the betterment of the community. We promote the sport and pastime of Jeep Vehicle travel in all phases plus enjoy and protect the natural resources and support the multiple use principle as it applies to public lands. DMJC is a family oriented club that promotes, organizes and holds outings, meetings, runs, excursions, reliability trials, hill climbs, cross-county trips and similar events to educate our members on responsible land use as well as safety on the trail, interest in and ownership of driving four wheel drive Jeep vehicles and the sport in general.

Paul, Ed and Jason gave a very professional and informative presentation to our club of new and seasoned members about the challenges that our sport is facing on a local, state and national level. We appreciated the time taken to educate our members on what is currently going on as well as what is on the horizon as it relates to our sport.

I believe this olive branch was well received and will help gain new, active members that will help in trail maintenance, attend meetings and support the initiatives that GLFWDA and UFDWA are taking up. This is however, an individual choice and decision for members of GL4x4, DMJC Et al. to support and spend their money on, and we should leave it as such.

Paul, Jason and Ed. These three are great representatives of their organizations and we appreciate their efforts.
Wow!! You wrote that before 7am. You clearly are a morning person; well said
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
SUPPORT THE SPORT!
--l ,[____],
l---L 0lllllll0-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) .......
NightKrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 06:58 AM   #51
EL BURRO
33's is how I roll
 
EL BURRO's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-24-06
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,317
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Thanks for your time
EL BURRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 07:59 AM   #52
phittie1100
Senior Member
 
phittie1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-26-05
Location: Burton, MI
Posts: 1,810
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I guess if I was a PR guy, I would tell you all that any "buzz" is good "buzz", although this thread has definitely taken a few unexpected turns.

Thanks again DMJC, we look forward to working with you in the future.
__________________
Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
KD8PAV
phittie1100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #53
Steve2010
Senior Member
 
Steve2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-10-10
Location: Macomb
Posts: 649
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schoemann View Post
I am pretty new to wheeling and DMJC was my first exposure to a club. I have met some of the very best people through this organization, gained a lot of knowledge and more importantly learned responsible land use and safe wheeling. I believe having GLFWDA and UFDWA present was a way to help bolster membership in those organizations to help in the efforts and be additional voices to keep our trails open so that we can continue to use our land and enjoy these outdoor activities for generations to come.

It was great to have the folks from GLFWDA and UFDWA attend the monthly DMJC meeting to present information to our members that are both new and seasoned to wheeling. Our club is organized for the purpose of providing social, educational, and recreational activities for its members as well as participating in and supporting civic and environmental activities for the betterment of the community. We promote the sport and pastime of Jeep Vehicle travel in all phases plus enjoy and protect the natural resources and support the multiple use principle as it applies to public lands. DMJC is a family oriented club that promotes, organizes and holds outings, meetings, runs, excursions, reliability trials, hill climbs, cross-county trips and similar events to educate our members on responsible land use as well as safety on the trail, interest in and ownership of driving four wheel drive Jeep vehicles and the sport in general.

Paul, Ed and Jason gave a very professional and informative presentation to our club of new and seasoned members about the challenges that our sport is facing on a local, state and national level. We appreciated the time taken to educate our members on what is currently going on as well as what is on the horizon as it relates to our sport.

I believe this olive branch was well received and will help gain new, active members that will help in trail maintenance, attend meetings and support the initiatives that GLFWDA and UFDWA are taking up. This is however, an individual choice and decision for members of GL4x4, DMJC Et al. to support and spend their money on, and we should leave it as such.

Paul, Jason and Ed. These three are great representatives of their organizations and we appreciate their efforts.
Steve2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:14 AM   #54
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,986
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

I am a member of GLFWDA for one reason............ it is the only organization in Michigan that is actively working to keep and open more wheeling opportunities. Period. There are people in the organization who I am happy to call my friends. There are people in the organization that I really don't get along with. There are people who like me, there are people who dislike me. At the end of the day, all those things don't matter because we are all concerned about our sport.

I really don't care what anyone says good or bad about another person. I care about growing our numbers so that when we go to Lansing to ask for consideration regarding funding, trails, land closures etc, that we have as large of a number backing us as possible. Period.

At the end of the day, that's all that matters.

To all the members of DMJC, I hope you can see the value in GLFWDA that I see.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.

Last edited by whiterhino; February 7th, 2013 at 09:32 AM.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 09:26 AM   #55
benny87
Young Gun..!
 
benny87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-06
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,920
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

benny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:02 AM   #56
gadget99
Jeepoholic needs sponsor
 
gadget99's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-12
Location: leslie.michigan
Posts: 139
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

My wife and I thank you for coming and speaking. We would like to let you know that we are going to be sending in money to join and help the cause in any way we can ,thanks again!!
gadget99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:34 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34729 seconds with 69 queries