Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Ford Tech
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:12 AM   #21
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Im having this same problem with my 99, rust around the windshield pretty bad and Im sure water is getting in.. Would the GEM cause my batteries to drain all the time? I pull the fuse on my radio everytime I shut the truck off unhook my digital gauge and unplug my xm radio unit to make and still have dead batteries. I also had to pull the bulbs in my dome lights because those were staying on constantly as well.
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #22
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,762
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
Im having this same problem with my 99, rust around the windshield pretty bad and Im sure water is getting in.. Would the GEM cause my batteries to drain all the time? I pull the fuse on my radio everytime I shut the truck off unhook my digital gauge and unplug my xm radio unit to make and still have dead batteries. I also had to pull the bulbs in my dome lights because those were staying on constantly as well.
I had the same issues.

I just traded the peice of shit in.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:46 PM   #23
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

haha i wont get more then 1500 for mine
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:47 PM   #24
MilwaukeeF350
Dan
 
Join Date: 05-30-09
Location: Alpena/ Trenton
Posts: 872
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
Im having this same problem with my 99, rust around the windshield pretty bad and Im sure water is getting in.. Would the GEM cause my batteries to drain all the time? I pull the fuse on my radio everytime I shut the truck off unhook my digital gauge and unplug my xm radio unit to make and still have dead batteries. I also had to pull the bulbs in my dome lights because those were staying on constantly as well.

Just use duct tape on windshield where rust is.
MilwaukeeF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #25
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeF350 View Post
Just use duct tape on windshield where rust is.
How big of a hillbilly do you think i am?
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 01:56 PM   #26
MilwaukeeF350
Dan
 
Join Date: 05-30-09
Location: Alpena/ Trenton
Posts: 872
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
How big of a hillbilly do you think i am?

Well see how many times you pull fuses/ recharge batteries or duct tape to stop.

All shops I got quote are $500-1200 to fix that rust. They want replace whole roof.

I had 2 superduty. When that water go inside. U couldn't ever drive no brake and no speedometer that when trans refused shift.
MilwaukeeF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:01 PM   #27
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilwaukeeF350 View Post
Well see how many times you pull fuses/ recharge batteries or duct tape to stop.

All shops I got quote are $500-1200 to fix that rust. They want replace whole roof.

I had 2 superduty. When that water go inside. U couldn't ever drive no brake and no speedometer that when trans refused shift.
This is where having a father-in-law that can do body work comes in handy..my speedometer works fine, as well as the speedometer on CTS and i dont think id have any problem with the tranny seeing as i do the shifting.
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #28
MilwaukeeF350
Dan
 
Join Date: 05-30-09
Location: Alpena/ Trenton
Posts: 872
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
This is where having a father-in-law that can do body work comes in handy..my speedometer works fine, as well as the speedometer on CTS and i dont think id have any problem with the tranny seeing as i do the shifting.

Then my question why you wait? If you don't fix that it will ruin GEM. GEM aren't available at dealership anymore. Only you can find in junkyard it must be MATCH. Don't be surprised if junkyard knew GEM worth GOLD.
MilwaukeeF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #29
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

because it just started doing it
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2013, 10:57 AM   #30
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,762
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
haha i wont get more then 1500 for mine
You'd be surprised. I tried to sell my truck for a while, before it started acting up I had it at 9k, and felt that was fair, then it turned into a total peice of electrical shit overnight, gas pedal, speed sensors, gem module, 4x4 (knob style not manual), etc. The longer I don't have it parked in my driveway the more hindsight tells me how much of a money pit it was starting to become.....anyway, you'd be surprised, my dealer gave me 7k for it sight unseen with just a few pictures of the dents and a vin#

miluawkeef350 is right, the GEM is a bitch to find, one of the stupidest things I have ever heard of. Make a "super"duty truck that has a 500,000 mile motor yet all the electrical will go to crap and then you quit making the parts necessary to keep it on the road. Way to go Ford.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #31
f250mrozi
Senior Member
 
f250mrozi's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-29-09
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 566
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I took it into the dealership and they told me the condition its in they could sell it at most for 3k...I call bullshit I have 3k wrapped up just in extras has some rust and dents but only 260,000 miles and runs strong.
f250mrozi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2013, 10:53 AM   #32
MilwaukeeF350
Dan
 
Join Date: 05-30-09
Location: Alpena/ Trenton
Posts: 872
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by f250mrozi View Post
I took it into the dealership and they told me the condition its in they could sell it at most for 3k...I call bullshit I have 3k wrapped up just in extras has some rust and dents but only 260,000 miles and runs strong.

Old owner who I contact due there # on truck. He say he trade in 00 F350 4wd diesel He got $2500 it had 205K miles with some issue. Dealership sent to auction and I bought for $1500. Sold for $5K after new transmission.
MilwaukeeF350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Ford Tech
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.16596 seconds with 36 queries