List of companies that are anti gun rights - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 31st, 2013, 08:57 AM   #1
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,441
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default List of companies that are anti gun rights

Should we have a list to easily reference? You can't believe all the crap you see on facebook.. over and over and over again.

I know for a fact that groupon has stopped selling gun range packages. I sent them a note and they said their policy is under review. I used to buy probably 300-1000 dollars a month of groupons. I emailed them back and said I would not purchase from them until they decided not to play politics but that I enjoyed their service so I hoped they came to the right decision.

Who else should be avoided?

Confirmed List of Companies that are Anti- Gun
Groupon- for now
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:31 AM   #2
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,186
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Default

My uncle wrote a letter to home depot after seeing something on facebook that stated they were anti-gun. They responded back assuring him that as long as someone was carrying legally, responsbily, and within their rights they had no problem with someone carrying into one of their stores.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:54 AM   #3
Coyote Red
Senior Member
 
Coyote Red's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-24-11
Location: Chelsea, MI
Posts: 1,033
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I like this idea a lot. As of right now I have none to add to the list.
Coyote Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:58 AM   #4
atvextreme
Senior Member
 
atvextreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-05-09
Location: chesterfield, mi
Posts: 507
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

It depends on how far you want to take your refusal to do business with companies, and for what reasons.

I.e. ...Dicks sporting goods removed all of their "evil black weapons" right after the shooting.
So people are refusing to do business with them. they still sell the ammo.

Paypal, wont allow money transfer if it has anything to do with guns or gun accessories, including ebay. (even thou people get away with it.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/

left side of page, places to avoid
atvextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:06 AM   #5
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 11,382
iTrader: (33)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Removed list.

I don't really know of any local companies offhand... then again, I don't hang in the democrat/yuppie zone downtown gr...
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
194X CJ2a "To be named"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad

Last edited by Lousypirate; January 31st, 2013 at 11:36 AM.
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:08 AM   #6
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,798
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

^ are you stupid, why would we care about all those places they arent even in the great lakes region
__________________
one of Michigans 99% er club.
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:35 AM   #7
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 11,382
iTrader: (33)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey4506 View Post
^ are you stupid, why would we care about all those places they arent even in the great lakes region
Copy paste. There are quite a few products around.
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
194X CJ2a "To be named"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:40 AM   #8
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,493
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I never trust these types of lists without supporting evidence.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:59 AM   #9
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 11,382
iTrader: (33)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I never trust these types of lists without supporting evidence.
same here, take it or leave it.
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:12 AM   #10
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,902
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousypirate View Post
same here, take it or leave it.
It seems to me the OP was trying to avoid copy and pastes like yours and wanted to find out from people who have first hand knowledge.

I also like the idea of this list but I do not have any first hand knowledge of any pro or anti gun businesses.
__________________
If you're like me you like to talk to things. I'm Gary Busey!!
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:32 AM   #11
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,441
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
It seems to me the OP was trying to avoid copy and pastes like yours and wanted to find out from people who have first hand knowledge.

I also like the idea of this list but I do not have any first hand knowledge of any pro or anti gun businesses.
That is exactly what I was looking for. I personally know about groupon because I heard it and asked them directly.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 11:38 AM   #12
Lousypirate
Yer a trucker, right?
 
Lousypirate's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-11-08
Location: Marne 49435
Posts: 11,382
iTrader: (33)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
That is exactly what I was looking for. I personally know about groupon because I heard it and asked them directly.
Removed my list. If I hear of any I'll post.

I did hear that the gander in grandville is pulling all of their weapons and just putting in camping crap and clothing. I heard that was because of cabela's though. Either way. Not 100% relevant, but whatever
__________________
2003 gmc 1500hd quadrasteer "Miley"
2000 jeep cherokee "Herman"
194X CJ2a "To be named"
1977 Ranger 150a bass boat
1987 Yamaha Moto 4 quad
Lousypirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:20 PM   #13
barry1me
Just another day
 
barry1me's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-06
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,943
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Not confirmed but multiple walmarts have told me now that there is talk of Walmart no longer selling ammo.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 01:23 PM   #14
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,840
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/d_no_gun_signs.asp
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 02:14 PM   #15
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
Not confirmed but multiple walmarts have told me now that there is talk of Walmart no longer selling ammo.
They're just limiting purchases to 3 boxes/day.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 09:57 PM   #16
Bullhed78
Senior Member
 
Bullhed78's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-11-11
Location: Linden, MI
Posts: 865
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I was told by a friend that the Sprint store in Fenton is posted "No Weapons". I have not seen it first hand because I deal with Verizon.

Babies-R-Us is posted "No Firearms"

Hometown Computers in Fenton has a sign encouraging legal carry. The sign basically asks you not to unholster unless needed for defense in which case it asks that you hit your target. I am paraphrasing because I don't know the exact wording but I will support the business because of this.
Bullhed78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:07 PM   #17
GREASYHANDS
PICKLES!!!!
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 13,102
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Default

Bdubs?
I saw that shit on Facebook
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #18
Tie Dyed
O.G.
 
Tie Dyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 4,180
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREASYHANDS View Post
Bdubs?
I saw that shit on Facebook
I *believe* that this is because more than 50% of their sales come from alcohol.
__________________
2000 XJ with a 3 inch body lift
Tie Dyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2013, 10:44 PM   #19
tom77cj5
Senior Member
 
tom77cj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 3,994
iTrader: (41)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tom77cj5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie Dyed View Post
I *believe* that this is because more than 50% of their sales come from alcohol.
I disagree they charge a mint for the shitty wings. I bet its more like 75% food sales


Dicks sporting goods can suck a dick.
I bought two rifles there in November spent about $1000 on ammo as well and over 1k on the guns. They still haven't sent me my $100 rebate from black Friday, i did use my points to buy a free box of 200 round .40 ammo but when i saw they pulled the ar stuff they lost my business for life.

Last edited by tom77cj5; January 31st, 2013 at 10:50 PM.
tom77cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2013, 10:59 AM   #20
Blue XJ
The Green Machine
 
Blue XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sterling Heights
Posts: 3,646
iTrader: (27)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Blue XJ
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvextreme View Post
Paypal, wont allow money transfer if it has anything to do with guns or gun accessories, including ebay. (even thou people get away with it.

http://www.mcrgo.org/mcrgo/

left side of page, places to avoid

I've bought a lot of gun parts off of ebay and used paypal to pay for them. They must not pay much attention I guess.
Blue XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:44 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23180 seconds with 81 queries