Ripped Off By "Sandmaster" aka Randy Johnson ***Updated ***Resolved *** - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #41
puckett
Senior Member
 
puckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-11
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 1,647
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

He was interested in some parts I have for sale. After thinking about the name all day and looking at contacts I have made buying and selling parts I realized that ive bought parts from him before. It was 2-3 years ago but he seemed like a decent guy, he even delivered and help unload what I bought.

Last edited by puckett; January 29th, 2013 at 07:46 PM.
puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 29th, 2013, 05:07 PM   #42
wave_crusher
I'll Direc your TV
 
wave_crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-09
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 5,016
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
You can tell the quality of a steak by sticking your head up the cows ass or you can take the butchers word for it.
It's "You can get a good look at a T-Bone by..."
wave_crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #43
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,097
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

I was close. My use of the quote was spot on though!
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:23 PM   #44
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,728
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

send him mountains of gay porn!
subscribe him to every magazine sold.
ask every local home improvement company for "estimates" on home repairs.

the usual stuff.

Last edited by joe_jeep; January 29th, 2013 at 07:29 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #45
dbikers
Senior Member
 
dbikers's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-06-07
Location: under my jeep
Posts: 1,097
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ok folks, the guy in front of you is Tommy, he'll be taking you through my little shpeel here, Tommy is a Scorpio and he likes hiking and he has never been laid ... exits ... ok there is one back here and there is probably one over by the wing, somewhere, usually ... and what about seat belts, to fasten, take the little end and stick it in the big end and ... hey you know what, if you guys don't know how to use a seat belt, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer 'cause you're a retard ...
dbikers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:26 PM   #46
1997XJ
Senior Member
 
1997XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-23-12
Location: Jackson/MI
Posts: 174
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbikers View Post
ok folks, the guy in front of you is Tommy, he'll be taking you through my little shpeel here, Tommy is a Scorpio and he likes hiking and he has never been laid ... exits ... ok there is one back here and there is probably one over by the wing, somewhere, usually ... and what about seat belts, to fasten, take the little end and stick it in the big end and ... hey you know what, if you guys don't know how to use a seat belt, just ring your call button and Tommy will come back there and hit you on the head with a tack hammer 'cause you're a retard ...
lmao
1997XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #47
RockyMTN05
Cadillac pimpin
 
RockyMTN05's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-02-07
Location: Ypsilanti, MI
Posts: 3,632
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to RockyMTN05
Default

so since you picked this up from him.you know where he lives? How about you pop on over one evening and see if it can be resolved. You know...since his phone is broken and all :roll eyes:
RockyMTN05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #48
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,030
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

I have dealt with randy a few times. He isn't the cheapest guy in the world but he was always really easy to deal with and represented everything very well. It sucks you had a bad dealing with him but I would definitely deal with him again. Why didn't you inspect the axle before leaving with it? I never trust people about axles. They might not be trying to screw you, they may have unknowingly gotten screwed by the previous owner. Is it right he didn't communicate? Definitely no! maybe you should check parts out before paying for them though. Not trying to say he is right but you do need to take a little personal liability.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:35 AM   #49
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,097
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

So if this was a Jeep for sale which claimed to have built front and rear axles, 4:1 geats in the D300, aftermarket cam, upgraded speakers, carbon brakes and chromoly roll cage, should you have to take apart the Jeep, test the metal, remove the speakers, etc before buying it? Just curious where you draw the line. You are piling on and I think you are all full of poop.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM   #50
Paperboy326
Senior Member
 
Paperboy326's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-05-09
Location: Battle Creek, Mi
Posts: 186
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sandmaster has sent me a PM to address this sale. I will keep the forum posted if he makes this right. Thanks
Paperboy326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:40 AM   #51
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,097
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

This is about to get awkward.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 06:51 AM   #52
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,093
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
This is about to get awkward.
Like when we used to cling the rope in gym class
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #53
8PTBUCK
Stuntman Mike
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 5,543
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
send him mountains of gay porn!
subscribe him to every magazine sold.
ask every local home improvement company for "estimates" on home repairs.

the usual stuff.
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 07:18 AM   #54
DarrinGT
Senior Member
 
DarrinGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-09
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
Posts: 472
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
I have dealt with randy a few times. He isn't the cheapest guy in the world but he was always really easy to deal with and represented everything very well. It sucks you had a bad dealing with him but I would definitely deal with him again. Why didn't you inspect the axle before leaving with it? I never trust people about axles. They might not be trying to screw you, they may have unknowingly gotten screwed by the previous owner. Is it right he didn't communicate? Definitely no! maybe you should check parts out before paying for them though. Not trying to say he is right but you do need to take a little personal liability.
He did take some responsibility:

Quote:
I will take the fault for not taking the cover off,..........
He even stated that Randy had good feedback, and with feedback like that, and post like yours, it certainty builds trust in the person you are buying from. That is what makes it worse when this situation happens, He thought he was buying form a trustworthy guy,

So where to you draw the line?

Well see what happens,....
DarrinGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 09:42 AM   #55
dreezy
whadayatalkinabout
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,051
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
So if this was a Jeep for sale which claimed to have built front and rear axles, 4:1 geats in the D300, aftermarket cam, upgraded speakers, carbon brakes and chromoly roll cage, should you have to take apart the Jeep, test the metal, remove the speakers, etc before buying it? Just curious where you draw the line. You are piling on and I think you are all full of poop.
This part. I'm not going to do a full tear down of anything at your shop. However I will get a bill of sale listing all parts you claim to have been recently replaced/upgraded.
__________________
"you think you're precious, I think you're shit."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Ryan, if I wanted any shit from you, I'd go looking for Leah's strap-on.
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:24 AM   #56
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 5,104
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Agreed... I wouldn't want to insult the seller by pulling the whole thing down in front of him. Think if you were a respectable seller, and some guy didn't take you on your word and started ripping shit apart in your driveway... Doesn't seem that realistic to even pull the cover when the guy seemed like an above board seller and he had already stated that he had "pulled the cover" to find out what locker was in it...
__________________
Cheap Thrills Off Road
Member of Team FSU!!!
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 10:36 AM   #57
swampjeep
Swamp Stomper
 
swampjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Waterford, mi
Posts: 7,757
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Agreed... I wouldn't want to insult the seller by pulling the whole thing down in front of him. Think if you were a respectable seller, and some guy didn't take you on your word and started ripping shit apart in your driveway... Doesn't seem that realistic to even pull the cover when the guy seemed like an above board seller and he had already stated that he had "pulled the cover" to find out what locker was in it...
exactly

hopefully you guys work it all out
swampjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #58
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,030
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

A whole jeep? No.

Pull a cover? Personally I would.

I'm not taking randys side, he was definitely in the wrong. If I was selling an axle like that I would have the cover already pulled so the buyer could inspect it before he bought it and if I didn't I wouldn't be butthurt if he asked to pull it.
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #59
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,836
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
A whole jeep? No.

Pull a cover? Personally I would.

I'm not taking randys side, he was definitely in the wrong. If I was selling an axle like that I would have the cover already pulled so the buyer could inspect it before he bought it and if I didn't I wouldn't be butthurt if he asked to pull it.
And if I sold someone junk and wasn't aware of it I would make it right or give back the money for the junk part BY RESPONDING TO PM'S, TEXTS, OR PHONE CALLS!

But that is anyone wanting to stay in good standing in our marketplace.
I mean hell, most of us know each other one way form or fashion.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #60
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,093
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBird View Post
Agreed... I wouldn't want to insult the seller by pulling the whole thing down in front of him. Think if you were a respectable seller, and some guy didn't take you on your word and started ripping shit apart in your driveway... Doesn't seem that realistic to even pull the cover when the guy seemed like an above board seller and he had already stated that he had "pulled the cover" to find out what locker was in it...
Are you kidding me?

I had a member of this board come look at my truck, asked me if I minded if he pulled a few things to look at the turbo, look at this, look at that. He brought his brother in law mechanic with him.

I had nothing to hide, I said feel free, It wasn't major surgery, what's the big deal? After looking at those things he offered a trade (a fair one that I just couldn't make happen). No harm, no foul.

An axle laying in the garage? You have 2 bad i-traders for bad communication and mis-representing an engine? What's the harm in popping the cover before I leave? You won't let me? Fine, you have something to hide. You don't mind if I do, then I may not even pull it and take your word.....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:11 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35306 seconds with 81 queries