Rant prescription cost - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #1
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 9,479
iTrader: (105)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default Rant prescription cost

Damn you guys with insurance do not know how good you have it. I paid $260 for 90 pills today. 90 days ago I paid $180 for the same prescription. F***me
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 28th, 2013, 05:58 PM   #2
puckett
Senior Member
 
puckett's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-13-11
Location: Grand Haven, MI
Posts: 1,647
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I'm happy I have crappy insurance. One of my wifes meds would be almost $800 a month!
puckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:01 PM   #3
revho
$9.00 vanilla malt
 
revho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: beaverdam, mi
Posts: 2,444
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sorry to hear that Denny. That hits the wallet hard.
revho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #4
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

It is crazy. I am on a high deductible plan so I am paying ours out of pocket until I hit the deductible. I luckily put away the max in my HSA.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #5
capone
Senior Member
 
capone's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-16-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,210
iTrader: (51)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I learned when I didn't have insurance to shop around when refilling a script. Almost every time I refilled my script the price was always higher the second time around. Target and Sams club were usually cheaper then every place else. You do not have to be a member of Sams club to use their pharmacy.

http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers...360/~/pharmacy
capone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #6
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 25,125
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

I'm so glad that I am genetically superior and never get sick or require medication.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #7
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 4,320
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

i just sell my pain pills to get my money back an some good thing the wife works for the schools
1 ton tj on 40's is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #8
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 9,479
iTrader: (105)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capone View Post
I learned when I didn't have insurance to shop around when refilling a script. Almost every time I refilled my script the price was always higher the second time around. Target and Sams club were usually cheaper then every place else. You do not have to be a member of Sams club to use their pharmacy.

http://help.samsclub.com/app/answers...360/~/pharmacy
This was a last minute thing or I would have checked around again. Guess I will have to start doing that again. If I was not leaving town tomorrow I would have checked today but I never guessed that would happen.

I already pay close to $400 a month just to have some insurance. It pretty much does not cover anything but major medical. Just seems like there should be a better way to get insurance.
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #9
tonka toy
BrokenYotaTrailerRemoval
 
tonka toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-08
Location: West Olive, MI 49460
Posts: 12,464
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Denny next time call my wife at Target on Alpine and see what she can do for you. She has told me in the past she can figure something out that's cheaper.
__________________
Always missed, Never forgotten
FullSize4Life

1985 Toyota 4runner
2012 F350 6.7 PSD CC shortbox


Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy79 View Post
Remember. It only takes one pregnancy to F up a jeep build.
tonka toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #10
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
Denny next time call my wife at Target on Alpine and see what she can do for you. She has told me in the past she can figure something out that's cheaper.
Why the heck do you have to live on the other side of the state?? sheesh
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:15 PM   #11
tonka toy
BrokenYotaTrailerRemoval
 
tonka toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-08
Location: West Olive, MI 49460
Posts: 12,464
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Why the heck do you have to live on the other side of the state?? sheesh
You aren't that far away we are both westsiders per our talks this past weekend
__________________
Always missed, Never forgotten
FullSize4Life

1985 Toyota 4runner
2012 F350 6.7 PSD CC shortbox


Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy79 View Post
Remember. It only takes one pregnancy to F up a jeep build.
tonka toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:20 PM   #12
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,438
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
You aren't that far away we are both westsiders per our talks this past weekend
That's right.. I will be over for some swimming this weekend.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:22 PM   #13
tonka toy
BrokenYotaTrailerRemoval
 
tonka toy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-25-08
Location: West Olive, MI 49460
Posts: 12,464
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Sweet
__________________
Always missed, Never forgotten
FullSize4Life

1985 Toyota 4runner
2012 F350 6.7 PSD CC shortbox


Quote:
Originally Posted by alboy79 View Post
Remember. It only takes one pregnancy to F up a jeep build.
tonka toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #14
dmcjeep
Senior Member
 
dmcjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Grand Haven Mi.
Posts: 9,479
iTrader: (105)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka toy View Post
Denny next time call my wife at Target on Alpine and see what she can do for you. She has told me in the past she can figure something out that's cheaper.
Thanks I will do that.
dmcjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 07:55 AM   #15
GerkTJ
Senior Member
 
GerkTJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: ida, mi
Posts: 1,041
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

try your local hospital pharmacy, my wife's scripts were sooooo much cheaper there than any other pharmacy!
GerkTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:10 AM   #16
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcjeep View Post
This was a last minute thing or I would have checked around again. Guess I will have to start doing that again. If I was not leaving town tomorrow I would have checked today but I never guessed that would happen.

I already pay close to $400 a month just to have some insurance. It pretty much does not cover anything but major medical. Just seems like there should be a better way to get insurance.
Check around for coupons, you can get $25 at Rite-Aid for transferring a prescription, Meijer and Kroger also give you $25 coupons for transferring.
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 29th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #17
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,587
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerdogeo8 View Post
Check around for coupons, you can get $25 at Rite-Aid for transferring a prescription, Meijer and Kroger also give you $25 coupons for transferring.
KMart does this as well. My dad loves transferring his scripts back and forth between Kroger and KMart every few months and getting his $25.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23351 seconds with 72 queries