Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:22 PM   #21
hightech
Crawl 101
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-10
Location: Davision Mich,
Posts: 543
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Well since all that snow melted, my sump has been running like crazy too. My sump line goes out the front in the basement and runs out to the front ditch, if your not pumping out to where it supposed too, all that water could be coming back to your foundation. But you said no water leaking ??? Get a few estimates tomorrow, then call insh
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #22
TommyCJ7
Member
 
TommyCJ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-19-07
Location: Saginaw
Posts: 105
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I just went through foundation issues this fall with cracked walls and leaking due to the drain tile collapsing and a wall not being built properly. Had to have the whole foundation dug up and partially rebuilt. Called insurance and they would not cover any of it stating part of it was considered a maintenance issue that happened over time and the cracking was due to faulty construction methods. House was built in the 70's. If it resulted in a wall collapsing or something like that they would have covered it, go figure. I hope your insurance does better. It got real expensive, real fast.
TommyCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #23
hightech
Crawl 101
 
hightech's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-10
Location: Davision Mich,
Posts: 543
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If its that bad.... shore up your floor joists and wall with 4+4... ceiling jacks ... dont want epic failure.
hightech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #24
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,986
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Sumps not running at all, as its used only for laundry and water softener drain.

Cracks are bad but not that bad. There is now evidence of cracks or movement of about 1/8inch all over the house since Sat.

Last edited by fullthrottle; January 14th, 2013 at 09:34 PM.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #25
concreteguy82
Yeah Buddy!!
 
concreteguy82's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-11
Location: Clio, Michigan
Posts: 2,811
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyCJ7 View Post
I just went through foundation issues this fall with cracked walls and leaking due to the drain tile collapsing and a wall not being built properly. Had to have the whole foundation dug up and partially rebuilt. Called insurance and they would not cover any of it stating part of it was considered a maintenance issue that happened over time and the cracking was due to faulty construction methods. House was built in the 70's. If it resulted in a wall collapsing or something like that they would have covered it, go figure. I hope your insurance does better. It got real expensive, real fast.
^^ Ive seen this alot on older homes..... Get some quotes I know Russell Bros. In Byron does this type of repair all the time
concreteguy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #26
SUPERMAN
Superman is here
 
SUPERMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-15-13
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Did someone ask for help?
SUPERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #27
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,509
iTrader: (163)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERMAN View Post
Did someone ask for help?
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2013, 01:39 PM   #28
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 4,007
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

the way it sounds from when i talk to him. his house is about to brake in half.
1 ton tj on 40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 10:40 PM   #29
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,986
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Yes, since Sun when this started to really show, we have had over 20 new cracks and the 1st ones opening up to the thickness of 2 qaurters stacked. Going to get real fun soon.

Best guess atm is well pipes broke that travel under the floating lower level, causeing a soft footing and thus sinking.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 07:55 PM   #30
vr
Senior Member
 
vr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: .
Posts: 4,141
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Could be a sinkhole opening up under you.
vr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 07:21 AM   #31
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,137
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Call a couple-(the more the better) foundation specialists. There is probably more than one opinion on how this can be fixed. Short or Long term. Get as many quotes as you can. The one thing you don't want to do is to regret you went with one person and found a better solution after the fact. Good luck!
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #32
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,986
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vr View Post
Could be a sinkhole opening up under you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just a Spouse View Post
Call a couple-(the more the better) foundation specialists. There is probably more than one opinion on how this can be fixed. Short or Long term. Get as many quotes as you can. The one thing you don't want to do is to regret you went with one person and found a better solution after the fact. Good luck!

Highly possible VR.

Right now, we just entertained Reliance Engineers from Novi. AAA assed the house yesterday as well a Well specialist. I had a friend come out whom is a Contractor liscenced builder and such to help make sure I didn't get bag pulled over my head. Well is leaking but they dunno at exactly where unles they scope the pipes from the Well (double pipe jet)down in my basement. My friend has some contacts and is tring to get a ground sonar test done for me to see about the possible "void/hole" or anyother problems it may see.

Thanks for all the help/prayers some of you have given me.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #33
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,718
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullthrottle View Post
Highly possible VR.

Right now, we just entertained Reliance Engineers from Novi. AAA assed the house yesterday as well a Well specialist. I had a friend come out whom is a Contractor liscenced builder and such to help make sure I didn't get bag pulled over my head. Well is leaking but they dunno at exactly where unles they scope the pipes from the Well (double pipe jet)down in my basement. My friend has some contacts and is tring to get a ground sonar test done for me to see about the possible "void/hole" or anyother problems it may see.

Thanks for all the help/prayers some of you have given me.
if your house falls into a hole, you guys can move into my basement until you get a new house...if it had a stove and fridge down there it would have a full kitchen, I just never put them in
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:46 AM   #34
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,742
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Good luck ryan.....I'll extend the same offer as hancho, but you'd have to share my kitchen.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 11:49 AM   #35
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,509
iTrader: (163)
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Good luck ryan.....I'll extend the same offer as hancho, but you'd have to share my kitchen.
same
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #36
1 ton tj on 40's
Senior Member
 
1 ton tj on 40's's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-20-12
Location: not sure
Posts: 4,007
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

there's no way in hell your staing at my place



j/k doors open. if it come's to that.
1 ton tj on 40's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:47 PM   #37
Muddyfun73
Yooper
 
Muddyfun73's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Ishpeming, MI
Posts: 810
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That sucks, and it is and expensive fix. We sold my mother in laws house at a loss with a similar issue, one whole corner of the foundation settled 4-5 inches. Guy who bought the house does foundation repair so he fixed it himself, but it was still expensive.
Muddyfun73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 12:21 AM   #38
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 1,986
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

Appreciated everyone...just waiting on AAA.
fullthrottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #39
redmud
10 0011 10101
 
redmud's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-26-06
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 2,335
iTrader: (33)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
if your house falls into a hole, you guys can move into my basement until you get a new house...if it had a stove and fridge down there it would have a full kitchen, I just never put them in
Does your basement still have that creepy ex-daycare vibe? Or did you finally paint over the POs interesting paint choices?
__________________
BDS Suspension


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
How can you land a space ship on the moon? How can a snake eat an aligator? how does the internet work? some questions are not meant to be answered by man alone.
redmud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2013, 02:19 PM   #40
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,718
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmud View Post
Does your basement still have that creepy ex-daycare vibe? Or did you finally paint over the POs interesting paint choices?
That was hosemonkey's mother in law that painted that! And those were painted over four years ago
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21188 seconds with 53 queries