Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:56 PM   #21
trailrail302
Im going FAST!!!
 
trailrail302's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-07
Location: north of the equator
Posts: 2,990
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I would be pretty damned upset, just the same as you would be.

But what are you going to do? At that point it is too late....unless you really are willing to die for the cause.

Like you say, you don't know them, and they have the right or are ordered to search your house. What are your choices? They are probably armed, in government uniform of some sort, they are probably multiple people, and your wife and children are standing behind you in the house. Do you stay with your family and give them your guns hoping to find a way to get them back, or do you open fire and kill them in front of your family, or possibly get shot yourself?

Or do you lie and hope they move on to the next house?

All hypothetical of course, I hope that gun owners can unite and fight the fight on "their" turf before it gets to a door to door collecting of our guns....
I dont see it ever going to a door to door collecting. they wont find anything they will end up putting people in jail and writing tickets because all the guns misteriously dissapeared. They cant take what they cant find.
trailrail302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #22
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,958
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
find a way to get them back,
Its not about revenge or getting even or getting shot. Its about standing up for what you believe in.

If some asshole tried to harm your son, would you stand up to him even if it possibly meant dying? Or would you say, "Nah, I don't want to possibly get shot ?". My bet is you'd stand and fight even if it ended badly.

Govt overreach could mean bad things for both you and your son and every other person you love so why wouldn't you fight?
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:00 PM   #23
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,958
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
though I know he's a pretty smart and educated dude, I just jumped to that conlusion.
Holy shit. Did you just admit to being wrong? Did the world end and I didn't get the memo?
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #24
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,104
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Its not about revenge or getting even or getting shot. Its about standing up for what you believe in.

If some asshole tried to harm your son, would you stand up to him even if it possibly meant dying? Or would you say, "Nah, I don't want to possibly get shot ?". My bet is you'd stand and fight even if it ended badly.

Govt overreach could mean bad things for both you and your son and every other person you love so why wouldn't you fight?
1. I meant getting the gun back into my posession, not revenge
2. Comparing someone harming my child to taking away my gun? really?
3. I would fight, but clearly you missed the part where I thought rental rider was intending to go all you can take my guns from my cold dead hands hilljack on the door to door gun collector.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #25
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,104
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
Holy shit. Did you just admit to being wrong? Did the world end and I didn't get the memo?
Holy shit. Have you never seen that happen before, or are you too much of a high and mighty smartass to realize it happens quite frequently?
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #26
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,104
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by trailrail302 View Post
I dont see it ever going to a door to door collecting. they wont find anything they will end up putting people in jail and writing tickets because all the guns misteriously dissapeared. They cant take what they cant find.
I hope you are right.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM   #27
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,958
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
1. I meant getting the gun back into my posession, not revenge
2. Comparing someone harming my child to taking away my gun? really?
3. I would fight, but clearly you missed the part where I thought rental rider was intending to go all you can take my guns from my cold dead hands hilljack on the door to door gun collector.
And you missed my point where I was stating people will stand up for what they believe in which is like you believing in protecting your son.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Holy shit. Have you never seen that happen before, or are you too much of a high and mighty smartass to realize it happens quite frequently?
No I've never seen it happen before and I'm only trying to emulate you.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:01 PM   #28
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,104
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
And you missed my point where I was stating people will stand up for what they believe in which is like you believing in protecting your son.
I didn't miss your point at all, I just pointed out that comparing the right to own a gun and the protection of your children are two completely different things I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand. It's a ridiculous comparison.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #29
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,958
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I didn't miss your point at all, I just pointed out that comparing the right to own a gun and the protection of your children are two completely different things I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand. It's a ridiculous comparison.
It's not about a right to "own" a gun. That's like complaining that I can't have a piece of art on the wall. It's about protecting yourself and your family. That's what the whole 2nd amendment is about.
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #30
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,205
iTrader: (44)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I didn't miss your point at all, I just pointed out that comparing the right to own a gun and the protection of your children are two completely different things I wouldn't expect someone who doesn't have kids to understand. It's a ridiculous comparison.
If there is a gun ban only gun I will still own is my kids pellet gun. I will mother fukc the guy at my door before I give it to him too!!
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #31
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,271
iTrader: (36)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz97tj View Post
It's not about a right to "own" a gun. That's like complaining that I can't have a piece of art on the wall. It's about protecting yourself and your family. That's what the whole 2nd amendment is about.
what if somehow you were given the job of collecting guns?

i dont think its a job i would want?
who in their right mind would take that job?

to the people that think someone is coming for your guns:
go buy a few throw aways, a cheap hunting rifle, and a butt load of ammo.
hide it somewhere safe. problem solved.

i dont believe anyone will come to your door, and try and take your guns.
that will eventually be a suicide mission. some wack job will open fire on the guy at the door.
its a really bad idea, but it will happen.

they will try to outlaw certain guns, and tell you to turn them in.
then its up to you to obey that law or not.

what about the new wyoming gun laws?

i dont own any "black guns".

i think the supreme court would act pretty quickly to stop and executive order to ban guns.

Last edited by joe_jeep; January 14th, 2013 at 04:47 PM.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #32
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,271
iTrader: (36)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
comparing the right to own a gun and the protection of your children are two completely different things
many of us dont see it that way.

some of us have guns for that sole purpose.
how else do you effectively protect your kids?
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #33
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 24,205
iTrader: (44)
Oh geeeeeezus!!! There won't be a gun ban people!!!!!!
It is politics trumped up by media bullshit!

If there is a gun ban the United States will instantly have millions of criminals!!!!!

Not me though. I plan to give up my kids pellet gun.
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 04:59 PM   #34
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 978
iTrader: (2)
Plan B: GPS, Shovle, PVC, & Cosmoline if it gets to that.

My opinion is that it won't get to a gun ban.
We're going to lose our high cap mags though.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:00 PM   #35
oz97tj
Wasn't this attached?
 
oz97tj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-07
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3,958
iTrader: (15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
what if somehow you were given the job of collecting guns?

i dont think its a job i would want?
who in their right mind would take that job?

to the people that think someone is coming for your guns:
go buy a few throw aways, a cheap hunting rifle, and a butt load of ammo.
hide it somewhere safe. problem solved.

i dont believe anyone will come to your door, and try and take your guns.
that will eventually be a suicide mission. some wack job will open fire on the guy at the door.
its a really bad idea, but it will happen.

they will try to outlaw certain guns, and tell you to turn them in.
then its up to you to obey that law or not.

what about the new wyoming gun laws?

i dont own any "black guns".

i think the supreme court would act pretty quickly to stop and executive order to ban guns.
If you read my earlier posts, you'd see I mentioned most cops are against any further gun regulations which leads me to believe many wouldn't exactly push the issue of given a task like this. However, we are getting way ahead of ourselves by suggesting such a thing would even happen. It wouldn't certainly be a last straw.

Its far more likely restrictions would be made about what could be bought and further programs encouraging people to "register" them on their own would be implemented. If those rules weren't followed and LE found you in possession of unregistered weapons, it would be a crime much like possession of drugs or any other illegal item. Even this though is a relatively unlikely scenario unless the anti gun folks make quite a few forward strides. They have a long battle realistically. Still, its an unnerving thought
__________________
Support the sport. Join GLFWDA!
********GLFWDA.org********

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Oz's Jeep is downright anti-bling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Will someone please argue with me?
oz97tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #36
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
I hope Immortal is right . . . I would have thought it could be true but we then reelected Oblahblah and I now know we are doomed!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #37
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,140
iTrader: (1)
I am not worried about a national gun ban, but I do worry about a repeat of the gun collection during hurricane katrina. It has happened and in the event of a natural disaster, local government will be dumb enough to order all registered guns taken when we need them the most.

Those of you that wear a badge or have served, have you talked about the possibility of this happening? what are your thoughts? would you follow orders to take away guns?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #38
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,947
iTrader: (21)
I think it's more likely to be like what happened in England.

Guns were outlawed.
People hid their guns.
Man breaks into house.
Homeowner kills intruder with gun.
Homeowner gets arrested and gun is confiscated.

So, keeping and hiding a gun does't accomplish anything.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #39
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,674
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampdog02 View Post
Plan B: GPS, Shovle, PVC, & Cosmoline if it gets to that.

My opinion is that it won't get to a gun ban.
We're going to lose our high cap mags though.
No. If its time to bury it, its time to dig it up.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2013, 05:30 PM   #40
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,674
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
I am not worried about a national gun ban, but I do worry about a repeat of the gun collection during hurricane katrina. It has happened and in the event of a natural disaster, local government will be dumb enough to order all registered guns taken when we need them the most.

Those of you that wear a badge or have served, have you talked about the possibility of this happening? what are your thoughts? would you follow orders to take away guns?
Yes, many would. It would come down to feeding their families and following orders, or losing their job/livlihood and being a rebel.
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22789 seconds with 52 queries