Bundy Hill's no firearm policy - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 11th, 2013, 08:59 PM   #121
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,455
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I'm too old for that shit, LOL
I'm almost 50 and I'm not going to quit anytime soon. I have a relative who is 70 that is still going strong in Aikido and Japanese Jiu jitsu. But, I understand why you may not want to pursue this type of self defense. Learning this crap takes time and it tends to hurt while you are working out.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #122
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,475
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I'm almost 50 and I'm not going to quit anytime soon. I have a relative who is 70 that is still going strong in Aikido and Japanese Jiu jitsu. But, I understand why you may not want to pursue this type of self defense. Learning this crap takes time and it tends to hurt while you are working out.
I trained in kung fu in the 70's- before the TV show. Kept up with it for almost 10 years.

I need to drop some tonnage before I try it again, or else my back will probably divorce me.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:08 PM   #123
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,455
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I trained in kung fu in the 70's- before the TV show. Kept up with it for almost 10 years.

I need to drop some tonnage before I try it again, or else my back will probably divorce me.
If you start practicing it's a win win situation.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #124
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,958
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Default

Please explain where pulling my own gun would've done anything other than get the trigger pulled on me, or cause me to pull the trigger and end up in jail?
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #125
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,475
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
If you start practicing it's a win win situation.
I know. Been changing my diet (no more fast food) and doing whatever exercise I can in hotels. So far, not much weight loss, but my stamina is up.

So- in the meantime I'll just go all Indy.


__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:35 PM   #126
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,193
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
Please explain where pulling my own gun would've done anything other than get the trigger pulled on me, or cause me to pull the trigger and end up in jail?
Just noting that you've seen some tough situations. I don't know what I'd do if someone pulled a gun on me. I don't think I'd rely on my mouth to get my family or myself out of harms way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #127
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,515
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Own by a Dictator
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #128
tom77cj5
Senior Member
 
tom77cj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 4,003
iTrader: (41)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tom77cj5
Default

Did any of you know pepsi co is the #1 money contributor to the anti gun movement? No more pizza hut or taco bell kfc for this guy
tom77cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:21 PM   #129
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77cj5 View Post
Did any of you know pepsi co is the #1 money contributor to the anti gun movement? No more pizza hut or taco bell kfc for this guy
Now I have a reason for liking coke better
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:29 PM   #130
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: not in Georgia
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

jerome mi is a tough place, those damn yuppies in somerset think they are better
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #131
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I'm almost 50 and I'm not going to quit anytime soon. I have a relative who is 70 that is still going strong in Aikido and Japanese Jiu jitsu. But, I understand why you may not want to pursue this type of self defense. Learning this crap takes time and it tends to hurt while you are working out.
I just got home from pankration class . I train 5 or 6 days a week and I'm allways sore. But it's so much fun it's worth it.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #132
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 10,492
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77cj5 View Post
Did any of you know pepsi co is the #1 money contributor to the anti gun movement? No more pizza hut or taco bell kfc for this guy
Time to switch to cherry Pepsi to cherry coke.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70 with 125cc motor
booblinker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:15 PM   #133
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,515
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
jerome mi is a tough place, those damn yuppies in somerset think they are better
Damn Skippy it is...



Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #134
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,475
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
Just noting that you've seen some tough situations. I don't know what I'd do if someone pulled a gun on me. I don't think I'd rely on my mouth to get my family or myself out of harms way.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:19 PM   #135
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,958
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofastbobby View Post
Just noting that you've seen some tough situations. I don't know what I'd do if someone pulled a gun on me. I don't think I'd rely on my mouth to get my family or myself out of harms way.
Fair enough. I'd say the situation was likely pretty avoidable though. That and having a gun pulled wouldn't have done me much good. He took off way too fast.
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 05:21 AM   #136
opie
www.krissplicing.com
 
Join Date: 07-21-08
Location: Lansing, MI
Posts: 817
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
cool story bro, you missed the point

I'll repeat, you probably should stop shitting, riding a bike, or driving a car, its more likely those things will injure or kill you long before a gun will.
No, I get your point.

Life is full of risks and disappointments. Some choose to weigh risks differently. Do you carry insurance on your car or take the chance you will not kill or injure someone or yourself while driving? Is your home insured? Your more likely to slip and fall off your front step then your home burning down.

Its rather short sighted to assume no one needs to carry a gun simply because in your 32 year span on Earth, you have never come across an instance where you may have needed to use it. Ive been here 38 years, been in 1 fight in my life and have never felt the need to pull a gun on someone. I still have car and home owners insurance. Life insurance as well, but I surely don't plan on dying or being killed anytime soon. Denigrating someone because they choose a higher level or preparedness is asinine.
opie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 06:49 AM   #137
Blakemore00XJ
Senior Member
 
Blakemore00XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-10-09
Location: fenton
Posts: 427
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

all i know is all you guys carrying guns need to watch this video if you haven't seen it yet..http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=iDnEkFSMRik
Blakemore00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #138
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,958
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opie View Post
No, I get your point.

Life is full of risks and disappointments. Some choose to weigh risks differently. Do you carry insurance on your car or take the chance you will not kill or injure someone or yourself while driving? Is your home insured? Your more likely to slip and fall off your front step then your home burning down.

Its rather short sighted to assume no one needs to carry a gun simply because in your 32 year span on Earth, you have never come across an instance where you may have needed to use it. Ive been here 38 years, been in 1 fight in my life and have never felt the need to pull a gun on someone. I still have car and home owners insurance. Life insurance as well, but I surely don't plan on dying or being killed anytime soon. Denigrating someone because they choose a higher level or preparedness is asinine.
Nah, you're still missing the point.

If the odds you'll need it are 1 in 100,000 im simply saying you are probably safe to chance it once in a while. That, and that 1 off chance is nearly always avoidable by situational awareness and a little fore thought. Not ALWAYS the case, but I think you'll be safe in Bundy hill....not exactly a flint, Pontiac, or Detroit now is it?
kickstand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:13 AM   #139
92FleXj
stacks stacked on stacks
 
92FleXj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-04-11
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I carry everywhere, places I can't carry it stays in my truck. Simple concept.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
Know that pocket that forms behind your knee when you sit down?

I'ma fuck it. You're gonna like it too.
92FleXj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2013, 08:19 AM   #140
curbdog17
Mini Van
 
curbdog17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-10-08
Location: 49415
Posts: 32,659
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92FleXj View Post
I carry everywhere, places I can't carry it stays in my truck. Simple concept.
Why not just carry it in anyways, If a situation came up that you needed it in then who gives a fukc about there policy, and if some one sees you carrying it in then you did it wrong. "concealed weapon"
__________________
17
curbdog17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31071 seconds with 82 queries