Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:07 AM   #21
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,157
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
the point is as moot as why a business owner may feel that they don't need to respond to an inquiry as to why they have certain rules and regulations on their property

*gasp* they may not allow alcohol either. or voting. or sexual relations. or gathering in large groups (right of assembly anyone?)

it's private fucking property. just like bartertown you gots to fucking check yo weapons at the door. even mad max couldn't bypass the Law
I don't disagree with you one bit. I don't allow some stuff to happen in my home or on my property. If my rules are not liked the person doesn't have to busy my home. However, comparing alcohol and sex to a cpl holder entering the park with a lawfully concealed firearm is crazy. They dot compare. I am simply asking why it is worded as it is and why they feel this rule needs to be in place. If they worry about a firearm lawsuit I understand and respect that. If they choose not to answer my question that is ok with me too. I also have the. Joyce of taking my gate money and going to another park. I didn't call names or bash the park just asking questions. When questioning someone becomes frowned upon this country is fucked.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #22
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,706
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

I messaged them on here and got some bullshit excuse, I liked the place, but I will not go back until they change there policy, but it is there property so it's their right to tell me I can't.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 430k
-Down to 3 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1983 Nighthawk 650
-1978 F100
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM   #23
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,717
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I don't disagree with you one bit. I don't allow some stuff to happen in my home or on my property. If my rules are not liked the person doesn't have to busy my home. However, comparing alcohol and sex to a cpl holder entering the park with a lawfully concealed firearm is crazy. They dot compare. I am simply asking why it is worded as it is and why they feel this rule needs to be in place. If they worry about a firearm lawsuit I understand and respect that. If they choose not to answer my question that is ok with me too. I also have the. Joyce of taking my gate money and going to another park. I didn't call names or bash the park just asking questions. When questioning someone becomes frowned upon this country is fucked.
it is thier right to allow or not allow firearms, if you have a CPL then you would understand this as it was covered in your class...if you have a problem with it, turn in your CPL and stop carrying
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #24
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,899
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by booblinker View Post
I messaged them on here and got some bullshit excuse, I liked the place, but I will not go back until they change there policy.
Why ?
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #25
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiveturkey3 View Post
I don't disagree with you one bit. I don't allow some stuff to happen in my home or on my property. If my rules are not liked the person doesn't have to busy my home. However, comparing alcohol and sex to a cpl holder entering the park with a lawfully concealed firearm is crazy. They dot compare. I am simply asking why it is worded as it is and why they feel this rule needs to be in place. If they worry about a firearm lawsuit I understand and respect that. If they choose not to answer my question that is ok with me too. I also have the. Joyce of taking my gate money and going to another park. I didn't call names or bash the park just asking questions. When questioning someone becomes frowned upon this country is fucked.
posing the question here (in the pubic forums) s why you got some of the questions and light trolling. as for sex and alcohol they are both also regulated to some degree or another and it wouldn't surprise me if one or more people tried to participate in one or both at bundyhill and/or even if they have a policy stance on either.

anyway, they have a "contact us" or phone number / e-mail if you truly want an answer.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:12 AM   #26
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
Why ?
same reason people picket and/or boycott BW3's - the 2nd amendment is their pet project to support as it is at very real risk of being eroded.


note: I'm not denigrating that stance whatsoever.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:14 AM   #27
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,157
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
it is thier right to allow or not allow firearms, if you have a CPL then you would understand this as it was covered in your class...if you have a problem with it, turn in your CPL and stop carrying
I understand they have that right. I disagree with it but respect it. I am not talking down on the business. They built an awesome venue for people to enjoy legal wheeling and I like that. I am simply asking a question. Turning in my cpl has nothing to do with not supporting a business who chooses to not allow a cpl holder to carry. HCH I am sure you have a business you choose not to support for one reason or another.
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #28
ssgtgaines
Senior Member
 
ssgtgaines's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: KALAMAZOO MI
Posts: 197
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

You could fall down and hit your head at any time, but im sure you dont wear a helmet everywhere you go.
ssgtgaines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:16 AM   #29
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,157
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
posing the question here (in the pubic forums) s why you got some of the questions and light trolling. as for sex and alcohol they are both also regulated to some degree or another and it wouldn't surprise me if one or more people tried to participate in one or both at bundyhill and/or even if they have a policy stance on either.

anyway, they have a "contact us" or phone number / e-mail if you truly want an answer.
I am good with it. I have thick skin. Shit I troll on here sometimes. I am just taking this topic calm are serious. Plus rye I don't like the Amish remember?
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #30
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,559
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If they don't want you to carry a gun on their property, I support that right. On the flip side, I don't think it's unreasonable for you to keep it in your vehicle, locked up in the event they don't allow you to carry. Unfortunately, currently, if they don't want guns on the property, you don't have that option legally, as far as I know.

There are discussions about "parking lot laws" to allow you to have your gun in your vehicle in the parking lot, even if someone doesn't allow weapons on their property... however, I believe this is mostly focused on places of employment. I don't really feel like looking this up right now, so someone else can do the work, if they'd like.
__________________
[FlatFender]: ill put it like this, if she wasnt MY aunt, id hit on her
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:18 AM   #31
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,899
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I just don't get the I need My gun everywhere thing I guess.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #32
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers48 View Post
If you came to my place, id tell ya to leave your pea shooter at home too. "Thats my right" and has nothing to do w/2nd amendment.
Next rant,
With as often as you have sold things in the GL4x4 marketplace, I'm betting that someone has had their 'peashooter' on your property and you didn't even know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtgaines View Post
You could fall down and hit your head at any time, but im sure you dont wear a helmet everywhere you go.
There are a few here that 'should' be made to wear a helmet at all times....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #33
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I just don't get the I need My gun everywhere thing I guess.
I personally don't either, but I also don't judge those that have that feeling - remember, they afterall don't understand why we choose to make ourselves easier potential victims ...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #34
Jiveturkey3
Senior Member
 
Jiveturkey3's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-12
Location: Hillsdale MI
Posts: 3,157
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtgaines View Post
You could fall down and hit your head at any time, but im sure you dont wear a helmet everywhere you go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I just don't get the I need My gun everywhere thing I guess.
Once again tell me where and when I or someone will encounter a life or death situation. I will gladly stop carrying and just take you with me everywhere.



Edit: is rye the only person who doesn't carry who understands both sides?
Jiveturkey3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:24 AM   #35
xj bmx
SLAYER!!
 
xj bmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 527
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xj bmx Send a message via Skype™ to xj bmx
Default

Wow, the amount of false security in here is disgusting.

I bet most of you have children and make them wear a helmet when on their bicycle, correct? Oh wait no, probably not because they haven't fell yet! So they never will fall!
xj bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #36
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disorder xj View Post
I just don't get the I need My gun everywhere thing I guess.
You don't really 'need' to. But, if you have a CPL because you want to be able to defend yourself, you tend to get in the habit of carrying so that it becomes natural. You can always spot a conceal carry noob because they are adjusting the gun or just touching it to be sure it's in the right position, or just walking different because that $150 shoulder holster don't fit right...

After a while of carrying ,it becomes more natural and you don't stick out. My wife can't even tell when I have mine anymore. (That's right, I don't carry 'everywhere')
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #37
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,738
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
How many accidents do you get into?


5 that I can count, some of those were self inflicted offroading incidents though

I know its better to be prepared than not prepared. My only point is its pretty unlikely you will need it.

Last edited by kickstand; January 11th, 2013 at 11:33 AM.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:27 AM   #38
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj bmx View Post
Wow, the amount of false security in here is disgusting.

I bet most of you have children and make them wear a helmet when on their bicycle, correct? Oh wait no, probably not because they haven't fell yet! So they never will fall!
or, much like any other risk-assessment decision that happens informally, we have some idea of the statistics based on where we live, work and play?

like driving in weather that would have kept our parents home?
like speeding?
like flying?
like drinking the milk a day past the due date?
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #39
xj bmx
SLAYER!!
 
xj bmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Detroit, Mi
Posts: 527
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to xj bmx Send a message via Skype™ to xj bmx
Default

Also I agree the property owner has his rights to not allow firearms on his property, wile I think its kinda lame. Its his right to not allow them, as it is ours (or is for now) to carry.
xj bmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #40
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,336
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xj bmx View Post
Wow, the amount of false security in here is disgusting.

I bet most of you have children and make them wear a helmet when on their bicycle, correct? Oh wait no, probably not because they haven't fell yet! So they never will fall!
I made my son stop wearing the bicycle helmet because he took more risks thinking he couldn't get hurt. I wanted him to think he was gonna die if he fell off.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24245 seconds with 52 queries