Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:27 AM   #1
mojave01x2
Senior Member
 
mojave01x2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-08
Location: Hell Michigan
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Increase in social security tax

Looks like I will be paying $100 a month even tho the "tax hike" is only for the households making $450000 or more.
mojave01x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:43 AM   #2
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,799
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

Yes we will be paying almost $300 more a month here. Almost 80% of households will be paying more.
__________________
If you're like me you like to talk to things. I'm Gary Busey!!
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM   #3
tom77cj5
so married it hurts
 
tom77cj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 3,965
iTrader: (41)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to tom77cj5
Default

Heard that also. Thanks obama:banghead:
tom77cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 09:45 AM   #4
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom77cj5 View Post
Heard that also. Thanks obama:banghead:
Obama was the one that gave you that tax break in the first place.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM   #5
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,311
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

funny my 82 year old grandpa just got a letter saying he was getting a raise this year. man this system is screwed.
montecarlo33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM   #6
Strider
Senior Member
 
Strider's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-07-07
Location: Holland, MI
Posts: 784
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Strider
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Obama was the one that gave you that tax break in the first place.
Why does it matter who "gave" the tax cut in the first place? The bottom line is still the same - our government spends money that it doesn't have and there is no change in sight so in the end, working people (including, and especially the wealthy) will get screwed.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:54 AM   #7
phittie1100
Senior Member
 
phittie1100's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-26-05
Location: Burton, MI
Posts: 1,767
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

The social security tax was only reduced for two years. It was a gimmick that has run its course, now back to normal.

We now return you to your normally scheduled tax whining.
__________________
Paul - 2005 Wrangler Unlimited
KD8PAV
phittie1100 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:24 PM   #8
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,947
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Obama was the one that gave you that tax break in the first place.
Wasn't it Bush and Obama just continued it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 12:55 PM   #9
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,719
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I for one cannot wait util they pass a tax that takes at least 75-80% of my income so they can give it to poor people and give everyone health care. After all those are rights and someone should have to work to pay for it, so it might as well be me. I love supporting brokes ass's that refuse to work because they are holding out for a management position
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:14 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,947
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
I for one cannot wait util they pass a tax that takes at least 75-80% of my income so they can give it to poor people and give everyone health care. After all those are rights and someone should have to work to pay for it, so it might as well be me. I love supporting brokes ass's that refuse to work because they are holding out for a management position
I for one like leisure suits and dickeys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #11
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,270
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Obama was the one that gave you that tax break in the first place.
True, but how does that equal "no" tax hike on the middle class? Just because he did it, he can lie about it?
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:00 PM   #12
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,719
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I for one like leisure suits and dickeys.
I'm with ya
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:09 PM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
True, but how does that equal "no" tax hike on the middle class? Just because he did it, he can lie about it?
They call that "compromise". Something that used to be considered a good thing, but is now thought of as a terrible thing. I'm glad to see it happen.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:16 PM   #14
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,270
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
They call that "compromise". Something that used to be considered a good thing, but is now thought of as a terrible thing. I'm glad to see it happen.

I call it misleading, or lieing. (several times he has claimed no tax increase on the middle class) I guess what he meant was "no new taxes on people who collect government aid" anybody who gets a paycheck from a private source, well they are too wealthy anyway.



I'm so sick of the "Grey" crowd.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:30 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
I call it misleading, or lieing. (several times he has claimed no tax increase on the middle class) I guess what he meant was "no new taxes on people who collect government aid" anybody who gets a paycheck from a private source, well they are too wealthy anyway.



I'm so sick of the "Grey" crowd.
And I'm sick of the "black and white" crowd that will dig in and refuse to budge at all because of some ill-advised promise or pledge they made to get themselves elected, even if it means driving the economy into the ditch.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:43 PM   #16
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,270
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
And I'm sick of the "black and white" crowd that will dig in and refuse to budge at all because of some ill-advised promise or pledge they made to get themselves elected, even if it means driving the economy into the ditch.
Then don't lie during the campaign. Tell the truth. Its not that hard.

oh right, then he wouldn't have gotten elected. I see now, we are a country based on half truths and misdirections.

How about if your employer only pays you half of what you negotiated in your contract. Hey it's a compromise, they just felt that you were getting a paycheck, but they shouldn't be held accountable for actually paying what they told you. I mean really all they were doing was campaigning to get you to take the job.

Last edited by FORD FLARESIDE; January 2nd, 2013 at 02:47 PM.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:51 PM   #17
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD FLARESIDE View Post
Then don't lie during the campaign. Tell the truth. Its not that hard.

oh right, then he wouldn't have gotten elected. I see now, we are a country based on half truths and misdirections.

How about if your employer only pays you half of what you negotiated in your contract. Hey it's a compromise, they just felt that you were getting a paycheck, but they shouldn't be held accountable for actually paying what they told you. I mean really all they were doing was campaigning to get you to take the job.
Welcome to American Politics.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 02:58 PM   #18
FORD FLARESIDE
Someday, yeah Someday
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,270
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Welcome to American Politics.
My question is why?

Why do we put up with politics if it is all lies. We all hold each other to standards, why are politicians allowed to lie, and or worse. If I screwed you over in a deal/trade/sale here on GL4x4, I would be crucified by everybody on this board.

So again, why do we put up with it, isn't our Country more important then some item being bought and sold?

Somebody explain this to me.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:15 PM   #19
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,311
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
I love supporting brokes ass's that refuse to work because they are holding out for a management position
I know a few people who need to get off that horse.
montecarlo33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #20
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,560
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

This is nothing, wait for all the people who thought Obamacare meant free health care, start getting their fines (tax) for NOT buying health insurance.

Tax return? Withheld for no health insurance.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21576 seconds with 52 queries