"Assault weapons" ban will probably happen. - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 16th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #21
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,622
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

If you were surprised Mr. Obama won his bid for re-election, you will have that same feeling when the 2013 "Assault Weapon Ban", probably named the Sandy Hook blah, blah, blah Ban is passed, signed and implemented.

This is the event that they will pull out all stops, to be the face of gun control.
There will be NO grandfathering. There will be stiff penalties. It will be effective immediately or no more than 30 days.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #22
barry1me
Just another day
 
barry1me's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-06
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,930
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
If you were surprised Mr. Obama won his bid for re-election, you will have that same feeling when the 2013 "Assault Weapon Ban", probably named the Sandy Hook blah, blah, blah Ban is passed, signed and implemented.

This is the event that they will pull out all stops, to be the face of gun control.
There will be NO grandfathering. There will be stiff penalties. It will be effective immediately or no more than 30 days.
I disagree on the grandfathering. Even if they do ban future sales of ARs people that have them will be able to keep them.....no way will they take ARs from people that currently own them legally. There will be a civil war if they try and do that to people.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:31 PM   #23
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,622
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by barry1me View Post
I disagree on the grandfathering. Even if they do ban future sales of ARs people that have them will be able to keep them.....no way will they take ARs from people that currently own them legally. There will be a civil war if they try and do that to people.
They don't care.
At that point you will be labeled a domestic terrorist and fodder for the door-kickers. Grandfathering has been talked about and it does not fit. That is what the left is claiming what was wrong with AWB 1994 and will be fixed in AWB 2013.
There will be no sunset either, this one willl be permanent.

Do not listen to the right, they are telling you what you want to hear. Listen to the left and far left, so you can see whats coming, want you don't want to hear.
The left controls 2/3 of our government.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.

Last edited by XXXJ; December 16th, 2012 at 12:37 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #24
Tie Dyed
O.G.
 
Tie Dyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3stratman View Post
Quoting the president in his speech the day after the shooting- " And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics."

My bet is that he isn't talking about increasing spending and giving better care to the mentally disturbed people in this country. But I could be wrong.
Maybe he is talking about all the mental health monies that are in Obamacare.
__________________
2000 XJ with a 3 inch body lift
Tie Dyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:37 PM   #25
Tie Dyed
O.G.
 
Tie Dyed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 4,176
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Tie Dyed
Default

Hi.

Do we forget that this is not 2008, and the Dems do not control both the house and senate?

Does something need to change? I am not sure. I would support better mental health treatment and/or screenings.
__________________
2000 XJ with a 3 inch body lift
Tie Dyed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 12:41 PM   #26
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,622
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tie Dyed View Post
Maybe he is talking about all the mental health monies that are in Obamacare.
Let me translate: "regardless of the politics." means "regardless of the Constitution"
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 01:57 PM   #27
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01
Senior Member
 
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-03-09
Location: warren mi
Posts: 732
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i feel bad for the group who would end up going door to door collecting guns i dont see that going well for them but just my 2 cents. most likely prices of ammo and guns will just keep going up and up but i dont see them going away but only time will tell.
CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #28
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I need to load up on .223 ammo that is for sure.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #29
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Has it been stated by a reliable source yet on what weapon was used?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #30
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I think we've been warned....

http://redflagnews.com/headlines/mit...oming-for-guns
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 02:39 PM   #31
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I found this rather interesting but yet not heard of on the news.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...up-crime-down/
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:00 PM   #32
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,827
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Has it been stated by a reliable source yet on what weapon was used?
Last I heard it was just the two pistols, the block and sig. The ar was out in his car. Maybe he left it there expecting a shoot out later with police?
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #33
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,277
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEROKEEMUDMAN01 View Post
i feel bad for the group who would end up going door to door collecting guns i dont see that going well for them but just my 2 cents. most likely prices of ammo and guns will just keep going up and up but i dont see them going away but only time will tell.
I think you are fooling yourself. The group that comes to your door will not be a group of Jehovah's witness's. It will be well armed, well trained military and you would be a fool to attempt a shoot out.

I was recently disturbed by the following. I was talking to an ex marine, ex reservist MP and now a cop. We were discussing the possibility of gun control under Obie and how we didn't agree with it. I said I would doubt that our military would be willing to go door to door to collect guns. His reaction; "he is our commander in chief and if that's what he orders us to do, that's what we'll do". I am afraid that many of our military and LEO folks will put their sworn duty to serve in front of common sense.

It scares the hell out of me.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #34
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,985
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I think you are fooling yourself. The group that comes to your door will not be a group of Jehovah's witness's. It will be well armed, well trained military and you would be a fool to attempt a shoot out.

I was recently disturbed by the following. I was talking to an ex marine, ex reservist MP and now a cop. We were discussing the possibility of gun control under Obie and how we didn't agree with it. I said I would doubt that our military would be willing to go door to door to collect guns. His reaction; "he is our commander in chief and if that's what he orders us to do, that's what we'll do". I am afraid that many of our military and LEO folks will put their sworn duty to serve in front of common sense.

It scares the hell out of me.
'We are just following orders'


Where have I heard that before?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #35
SS
Blinded By The Light
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Posts: 11,891
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I think you are fooling yourself. The group that comes to your door will not be a group of Jehovah's witness's. It will be well armed, well trained military and you would be a fool to attempt a shoot out.

I was recently disturbed by the following. I was talking to an ex marine, ex reservist MP and now a cop. We were discussing the possibility of gun control under Obie and how we didn't agree with it. I said I would doubt that our military would be willing to go door to door to collect guns. His reaction; "he is our commander in chief and if that's what he orders us to do, that's what we'll do". I am afraid that many of our military and LEO folks will put their sworn duty to serve in front of common sense.

It scares the hell out of me.
You would be surprised just how many of those active duty military have already chosen to stand by their oath to defend the Constitution and the American people as opposed to whoever the politician of the moment is "in charge."
__________________
-Jeremy

Watch yourself. I'll light you up.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:36 PM   #36
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,507
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
'We are just following orders'


Where have I heard that before?
Some trial in Germany after WWII . . .I think they have a bad ass race track there...
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 03:54 PM   #37
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,627
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Some trial in Germany after WWII . . .I think they have a bad ass race track there...
So if I get what you are saying we will get a bad ass race track in the US in about 10-15 years?
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:02 PM   #38
04PSD
aka Langford
 
04PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: La Salle, MI
Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If anybody wants to stock up, I have a few 30 round P-mags that I will sell for $150 each, a S&W M&P15 Sport I will let go for $7500, and 1000 rounds of .223 55 grain fmj's that I will let go for a low price of $2500. GET IT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:10 PM   #39
barry1me
Just another day
 
barry1me's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-06
Location: Howell, MI
Posts: 2,930
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PSD View Post
If anybody wants to stock up, I have a few 30 round P-mags that I will sell for $150 each, a S&W M&P15 Sport I will let go for $7500, and 1000 rounds of .223 55 grain fmj's that I will let go for a low price of $2500. GET IT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!
lol thinking the same thing.
barry1me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2012, 04:15 PM   #40
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,985
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

Since they are talking about 'military type' weapons, does that mean that my Mosin Nagants will soon be worth something? They are real military weapons after all....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.31533 seconds with 81 queries