Just a question - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: not in Georgia
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default Just a question

Why do people think there is such a big difference between politicians?

When Bush was president we had guns, Obama is president we still have guns. When Bush was president the economy sucked, with Obama the economy still kind of sucks. I'm pretty sure my taxes aren't much different.

Why do people think Obama's second term is going to crash the country and we are all going to die if we don't move to Australia.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #2
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

National Debt, trade inbalance, more takers than makers, deficit spending, rapid decline of the Dollar, corporate greed, union greed, poor business environment, printing money with backing with with GNP, borrowing money from China, forcing non-viable green technology on the American people, lavish spending on themselves by our leaders, UN arms sales ban, pissed off muslims, muslim president, weak leaders in the world's eyes, Democrats that think money just appears from nowhere, Obama Care, ignorance/stupidity of the general public, erosion of work ethic, religion of all types, and more.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 08:33 PM   #3
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,862
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Why do people think Obama's second term is going to crash the country and we are all going to die if we don't move to Australia.
if you have to ask, you dont really need to know.
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #4
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,154
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
National Debt, trade inbalance, more takers than makers, deficit spending, rapid decline of the Dollar, corporate greed, union greed, poor business environment, printing money with backing with with GNP, borrowing money from China, forcing non-viable green technology on the American people, lavish spending on themselves by our leaders, UN arms sales ban, pissed off muslims, muslim president, weak leaders in the world's eyes, Democrats that think money just appears from nowhere, Obama Care, ignorance/stupidity of the general public, erosion of work ethic, religion of all types, and more.
That really sums it up.

Any more questions?
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
if you have to ask, you dont really need to know.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:09 PM   #6
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,584
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Too many people drinking the party koolaid rather than thinking for themselves.
brewmenn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:15 PM   #7
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,542
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

The country has been in a general decline since trade was opened with China. The Tech boom brought it up for a while but it wasn't sustainable.

It wouldn't matter if Jesus was president, the country is still doing the big swirly.

__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #8
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Too many people drinking the party koolaid rather than thinking for themselves.
I'm a critical thinker and I don't consider myself a Republican. I voted for Romney not as the saviour of our country but the better of two evils. I was hoping he would address our national debt and our trade inbalance.

I really don't care who is in office nor do I care is some people are getting social assistance..... as long as we have the means to pay for it without going further into debt. Our leaders are writing checks that We The People are no longer able to back up. Is it really asking too much for this country (as in guberment) to live within it's means?
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:31 PM   #9
disorder xj
Happy,happy,joy,joy
 
disorder xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-13-06
Location: Mio MI.
Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
The country has been in a general decline since trade was opened with China. The Tech boom brought it up for a while but it wasn't sustainable.

It wouldn't matter if Jesus was president, the country is still doing the big swirly.

My dad is 72 and We were talking about this the other day, It'sbeen going downhill for us for a long time.
disorder xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:56 PM   #10
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,049
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What i dont understand is, if we are the wealthiest, most diverse, most powerful nation on he planet, what is it we need the hope and change for? What is this 'wrong direction' we were on?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:10 PM   #11
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,049
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

BTW the bush economy had the worst terrorist attack in US history plus the housing market crash to contend with. The obama economy has had nothing but time.

Im not a romney fanboy, but it only took 3 days post reelection for my hours to get cut at work.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 06:18 AM   #12
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,357
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
BTW the bush economy had the worst terrorist attack in US history plus the housing market crash to contend with. The obama economy has had nothing but time.

Im not a romney fanboy, but it only took 3 days post reelection for my hours to get cut at work.
It took till the day after for our year end bonus's to get cut.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:04 AM   #13
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,268
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
BTW the bush economy had the worst terrorist attack in US history plus the housing market crash to contend with. The obama economy has had nothing but time.

Im not a romney fanboy, but it only took 3 days post reelection for my hours to get cut at work.
The economy did happen during the Bush administration but was put into play by what the Clinton administration had been doing to encourage it. As for the terrorist attack, That was planned 5 years before Bush took office. Clinton had a few opportunities to go after bin ladin but refused to take action.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:20 AM   #14
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,959
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Too many people drinking the party koolaid rather than thinking for themselves.
I don't drink party koolaid for either side. I do prefer smaller Government, and local control vs. our current scenario where States beg for Federal favor and aid.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!home;tab=search
6,037 new regulations in the past 90 days. How in the hell is the average person or business supposed to keep up with knowing whether they are in compliance?

I read another article that suggested Barry had put forth 24% more regulations per year than Bush. Some will attempt to make the obvious rebuttal is perhaps Bush was too far hands-off. I disagree, Bush's Government wasn't exactly small or efficient either.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 08:26 AM   #15
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,380
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
I don't drink party koolaid for either side. I do prefer smaller Government, and local control vs. our current scenario where States beg for Federal favor and aid.

http://www.regulations.gov/#!home;tab=search
6,037 new regulations in the past 90 days. How in the hell is the average person or business supposed to keep up with knowing whether they are in compliance?

I read another article that suggested Barry had put forth 24% more regulations per year than Bush. Some will attempt to make the obvious rebuttal is perhaps Bush was too far hands-off. I disagree, Bush's Government wasn't exactly small or efficient either.
in his first 3.5 years of reign, more regulations, golf outtings, vacation time and executive orders than Bush in 8 years
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.25553 seconds with 66 queries