Ryan/Biden debate discussion - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #61
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,329
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I missed it, but I can't imagine anyone being swayed by a vice president debate.
I'm sure this one did not. They both landed some punches and they both struggled a couple times.

I think the biggest victory is that Joe stopped the landslide that Romney started last week. The real question is what will happen next week.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #62
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I'm sure this one did not. They both landed some punches and they both struggled a couple times.

I think the biggest victory is that Joe stopped the landslide that Romney started last week. The real question is what will happen next week.
Agreed. He "won" the debate because he distracted the nation from what a poor performer the president was at the first debate.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:59 AM   #63
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I missed it, but I can't imagine anyone being swayed by a vice president debate.
Here's a recap with post-hoc fact checking:

http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-sli...-election.html
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 10:16 AM   #64
Brods
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Salem, Mi
Posts: 704
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I missed it, but I can't imagine anyone being swayed by a vice president debate.
The take away from the debate: The thought of Eddy Munster or mood swing Grandpa running the country is pretty scary. A more depressing take away is that none of these politicians can EVER give a straight answer on anything! (as amc78cj7's fact check post affirms)

We need a moderator with balls that will turn off mics when the candidate veers off topic or attacks the other side rather than answer the question of what they are going to do!
Brods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:00 AM   #65
cornfed
I have an avatar. Yippee.
 
cornfed's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Happy Funtown U.S.A.
Posts: 4,121
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I missed it, but I can't imagine anyone being swayed by a vice president debate.
Perot/Stockdale '92
cornfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #66
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
Perot/Stockdale '92

Wasn't the '92 Democrat campaign about "Change"?
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #67
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornfed View Post
Perot/Stockdale '92
I should have been more specific. In the current highly polarized 2 party system, I can't imagine a vice presidential debate swaying voters.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:24 PM   #68
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,510
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Kind of wish I had watched it instead of going for a walk last night.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:29 PM   #69
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,378
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

^
maybe you didn't miss all that much. i listened on the radio until i fell asleep. just like most campaign debates. you said this and it ain't true. you are wrong. you don't know what you're talking about.
the only thing i noticed that was "unusual" was Biden trying to rattle Ryan with his interuptions, snears and other distraction/domination techniques. Ryan was trying to be "earnest" while Biden was trying to overpower. other than that it was samo-samo IMO
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 12:34 PM   #70
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
^
maybe you didn't miss all that much. i listened on the radio until i fell asleep. just like most campaign debates. you said this and it ain't true. you are wrong. you don't know what you're talking about.
the only thing i noticed that was "unusual" was Biden trying to rattle Ryan with his interuptions, snears and other distraction/domination techniques. Ryan was trying to be "earnest" while Biden was trying to overpower. other than that it was samo-samo IMO
I liked this phrase I read on FB last night..."Apparently if you snear and laugh before and after a lie it becomes true"
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:21 PM   #71
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,396
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Debates have always seemed pretty hollow. It's not about the substance, it's all about the style. You can even read the comments here, it's more about how you looked, it's a pageant show. I guess it's mostly scary that a lot of people don't put much thought or research into politics and mostly decide who to vote for by watching debates and tv advertisements when they don't realize candidates will say pretty much anything if it means it will get them votes.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #72
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
Debates have always seemed pretty hollow. It's not about the substance, it's all about the style. You can even read the comments here, it's more about how you looked, it's a pageant show. I guess it's mostly scary that a lot of people don't put much thought or research into politics and mostly decide who to vote for by watching debates and tv advertisements when they don't realize candidates will say pretty much anything if it means it will get them votes.
In other words, "I guess it's pretty scary that people are elected based on how they look and behave rather than what they can do."
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:58 PM   #73
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I liked this phrase I read on FB last night..."Apparently if you snear and laugh before and after a lie it becomes true"
I saw something on FB last night also,
If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet. Proverbs 29:9
Pretty much described him to a tee.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:25 PM   #74
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,510
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

All good reasons why I am considering NOT voting. Just not enough substantive information- hell, even after 4 years I don't know what obie is likely to do.

Crap- I just talked myself into voting AGAINST a candidate instead of FOR one.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:57 PM   #75
Brods
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Salem, Mi
Posts: 704
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I saw something on FB last night also,
If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet. Proverbs 29:9
Pretty much described him to a tee.
Don't you need a wise man for that proverb to apply? Last night there were only two actors (bad ones at that) playing to an audience and their lies...um...lines were meant to please the audience, not to disclose what their true thoughts are.
Brods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:30 PM   #76
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,230
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I saw something on FB last night also,
If a wise man has an argument with a fool, the fool only rages and laughs, and there is no quiet. Proverbs 29:9
Pretty much described him to a tee.
I like this, it does describe it well.
__________________
Supreme Chancellor!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 14th, 2012, 03:05 PM   #77
Jeepxjmike20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-06-12
Location: Saginaw mi
Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think our vice president biden looked like a idiot constantly laughing and rolling his eyes. joe biden lied about everything that came out of his mouth. paul ryan was being too polite. but in my opinion paul ryan won by putting facts on the table and strong points. liberals constantly complaining about the 47% comment. romney said the truth about those 47% of people. 1. you cant change those people minds who depend on government. 2. there are people taking advantage of government benefits that the tax payers are paying for. romney said the truth but obama, biden, and their adminstration are complaining about the 47% comment. this adminstration has nothing to run for office. this adminstration is lying to the american people and they think we are stupid and dont realize it. this adminstration had double the debt, the policies that are being passed through congress are going to bankrupt america.

Romney & Ryan 2012. cant wait to fire Obama and Biden.

Last edited by Jeepxjmike20; October 14th, 2012 at 03:10 PM.
Jeepxjmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 04:36 PM   #78
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepxjmike20 View Post
I think our vice president biden looked like a idiot constantly laughing and rolling his eyes. joe biden lied about everything that came out of his mouth. paul ryan was being too polite. but in my opinion paul ryan won by putting facts on the table and strong points. liberals constantly complaining about the 47% comment. romney said the truth about those 47% of people. 1. you cant change those people minds who depend on government. 2. there are people taking advantage of government benefits that the tax payers are paying for. romney said the truth but obama, biden, and their adminstration are complaining about the 47% comment. this adminstration has nothing to run for office. this adminstration is lying to the american people and they think we are stupid and dont realize it. this adminstration had double the debt, the policies that are being passed through congress are going to bankrupt america.

Romney & Ryan 2012. cant wait to fire Obama and Biden.
I predict...The news outlets will disagree with you tonight. Obama has already won the debate regardless of his performance. Just watch and see. The American people are sheep being led by the politicians and news media.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2012, 05:45 PM   #79
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc78cj7 View Post
I predict...The news outlets will disagree with you tonight. Obama has already won the debate regardless of his performance. Just watch and see. The American people are sheep being led by the politicians and news media.
He did win the Nobel Peace Prize, for what?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34802 seconds with 78 queries