You heard it here first, folks, if you're not christian, you are worshipping a demon. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 18th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #1
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default You heard it here first, folks, if you're not christian, you are worshipping a demon.

Thank you for clearing this up with us, Pat.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/2006/1...y&auid=2164219
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 18th, 2006, 08:15 PM   #2
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

i am not condeming anyone. I am a barely confirmed luthern, poorly read christian .... barely.

But sova that is not far at all from the teaching of the bible. Off the top of my head ... thou shall have no other god before me. Dont worship false prophets. There is only one true god. If there is but one true god, the others are false gods ??? Thats what he bible says very clearly. I havent cracked a bible since i was in 8th grade someone else can say it better than me.

Dont be offended, the radical muslims want to kill you ... you personally not, you figuratively, for not being a radical jihadist.

Last edited by jamiesann; November 18th, 2006 at 10:19 PM.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:19 PM   #3
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So what's your point Sova? Like Jamiesann said, it is very consistent with the bible. Just because other religions may be monotheistic (1 god) vs. the old peagan ways (multiple gods) does not mean they are worshipping God. If they were worshipping God, the ideals they would follow would be identical to Christianity. They are not.

There is only one way to be in heaven with God, and that is through the salvation of Jesus Christ. Christians don't want to persecute you if you don't want to go to heaven, but they want to make sure you understand the "how to" and leave it up to you to follow the manual.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:39 PM   #4
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Yup, I have to agree with Pat on this one and agree with the above reasons already posted.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 09:30 AM   #5
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

i just wanted to clear it up for everybody...obviously Pat Robertson knows what he's talking about.




....haha.

anyway, i just think people should have a bit more of an open mind. Can you prove to me that Christianity is the "correct" religion? what about it is "better" or "more right" than Buddhism, or Hinduism, or Islam, or Judaism? If you can prove to me that "yours is right and theirs is wrong" say whatever you want...but I don't think you can, therefore, I don't think statements like that should be made, especially by people like Pat Robertson who have some much sway over the weak minded people of this country. What does saying something like that do? It is just going to cause more animosity between people of opposing religions...I suppose it might also cause some undecided weak minded people to convert and donate lots of money to his cause...oh yeah , there it is, money is the root of all ...religion???

Last edited by mikesova; November 19th, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:25 AM   #6
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Nope, I can't prove it since I believe on faith but I don't have to prove my God to you. And since my God is the only god then I will not acknoledge other gods because I believe that there is only one true GOD and that is the God in heaven also know as Jehovah.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 11:50 AM   #7
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Nope, I can't prove it since I believe on faith but I don't have to prove my God to you. And since my God is the only god then I will not acknoledge other gods because I believe that there is only one true GOD and that is the God in heaven also know as Jehovah.
that's fine, you just don't have any ground to stand on to make the statement, "I'm right..you're wrong."
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:08 PM   #8
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
that's fine, you just don't have any ground to stand on to make the statement, "I'm right..you're wrong."
I use the Bible as proof so yes I do have the ground to stand on but I don't have prove anything to you since I have my beliefs and that is good enough for me.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #9
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
I use the Bible as proof so yes I do have the ground to stand on but I don't have prove anything to you since I have my beliefs and that is good enough for me.
What makes the Bible more credible than the Koran, the Torah, the Buddhist Suttas or the Hindu Veda's?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #10
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
What makes the Bible more credible than the Koran, the Torah, the Buddhist Suttas or the Hindu Veda's?
Because it came from GOD (my God and the one and only God) through men that says it's the one truth and states the truths above.

I believe that your thought process is just bringing the goal of the Anti-christ and the devil one step closer in allowing for a one world religion.

http://www.bible-prophecy.com/religions.htm
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 12:48 PM   #11
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Because it came from GOD (my God and the one and only God) through men that says it's the one truth and states the truths above.

I believe that your thought process is just bringing the goal of the Anti-christ and the devil one step closer in allowing for a one world religion.

http://www.bible-prophecy.com/religions.htm
the goal of the Anti-christ is for all the people of the world to come together and worship one religion?

Is it just me or does that sound like an excellent solution? Think of all the fighting and violence and death that goes on in the name of religion...if everyone believed the same thing, that could all stop. Or is that not what you were thinking...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:13 PM   #12
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,917
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Huh...I agree 100% with woohaw

The end must be near.:tonka:
Buggy_Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #13
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
the goal of the Anti-christ is for all the people of the world to come together and worship one religion?

Is it just me or does that sound like an excellent solution? Think of all the fighting and violence and death that goes on in the name of religion...if everyone believed the same thing, that could all stop. Or is that not what you were thinking...
Umm... Yes that is his goal and along with that Peace and for the World to see that he is the one that brought it to them which causes masses that don't believe in the ONE TRUE GOD to start to worship him.

Have you even read Revelations? Or know anything about the tribulation period that the Bible predicts and will come to pass in the future?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #14
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I was afraid to weigh in here - it was looking too mcuh like a lover's spat.

So what's the news here? Many (if not most) religions contain some exclusivity clause (psst - our way is the "right way") - that's not a Christianity exclusive.

Except that we got past that whole idea of trying to kill the non-believers, unlike others...
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 02:46 PM   #15
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Umm... Yes that is his goal and along with that Peace and for the World to see that he is the one that brought it to them which causes masses that don't believe in the ONE TRUE GOD to start to worship him.

Have you even read Revelations? Or know anything about the tribulation period that the Bible predicts and will come to pass in the future?
nope.

So there is a warning in the bible to keep people from being open minded and to keep them from all joining together as one in the name of peace. good stuff. This antichrist sounds like a good thing. I'm not saying i know what is right here, but if you put it this way.

Right now/Past: people of different religious factions killing each other over their religious differences (The Crusades, Israel v. Palestine, etc.)=GOOD?

Anti-Christ: people joining together in the name of peace and having a religion that everyone can agree on=BAD?

doesn't that sound weird to anyone else?

I find this very interesting.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 03:05 PM   #16
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,809
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
I use the Bible as proof so yes I do have the ground to stand on but I don't have prove anything to you since I have my beliefs and that is good enough for me.

Also, do you believe in everything in the bible or just certain things that are convenient and don't sound evil.

For example,

(Deuteronomy 22:28-29 NLT)
If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father. Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.

(Deuteronomy 20:10-14)
As you approach a town to attack it, first offer its people terms for peace. If they accept your terms and open the gates to you, then all the people inside will serve you in forced labor. But if they refuse to make peace and prepare to fight, you must attack the town. When the LORD your God hands it over to you, kill every man in the town. But you may keep for yourselves all the women, children, livestock, and other plunder. You may enjoy the spoils of your enemies that the LORD your God has given you.

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.


Sex Slaves (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are. If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again. But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her. And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter. If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife. If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment. (Exodus 21:7-11 NLT)

What happened to Thou Shalt Not Kill????

Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)

Kill Homosexuals
"If a man lies with a male as with a women, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives." (Leviticus 20:13 NAB)

Kill Fortunetellers

A man or a woman who acts as a medium or fortuneteller shall be put to death by stoning; they have no one but themselves to blame for their death. (Leviticus 20:27 NAB)

Death for Hitting Dad

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Death for Fornication

A priest's daughter who loses her honor by committing fornication and thereby dishonors her father also, shall be burned to death. (Leviticus 21:9 NAB)

Kill Nonbelievers

They entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and soul; and everyone who would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, was to be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. (2 Chronicles 15:12-13 NAB)

Kill the Entire Town if One Person Worships Another God

Suppose you hear in one of the towns the LORD your God is giving you that some worthless rabble among you have led their fellow citizens astray by encouraging them to worship foreign gods. In such cases, you must examine the facts carefully. If you find it is true and can prove that such a detestable act has occurred among you, you must attack that town and completely destroy all its inhabitants, as well as all the livestock. Then you must pile all the plunder in the middle of the street and burn it. Put the entire town to the torch as a burnt offering to the LORD your God. That town must remain a ruin forever; it may never be rebuilt. Keep none of the plunder that has been set apart for destruction. Then the LORD will turn from his fierce anger and be merciful to you. He will have compassion on you and make you a great nation, just as he solemnly promised your ancestors. "The LORD your God will be merciful only if you obey him and keep all the commands I am giving you today, doing what is pleasing to him." (Deuteronomy 13:13-19 NLT)

Kill Women Who Are Not Virgins On Their Wedding Night

But if this charge is true (that she wasn't a virgin on her wedding night), and evidence of the girls virginity is not found, they shall bring the girl to the entrance of her fathers house and there her townsman shall stone her to death, because she committed a crime against Israel by her unchasteness in her father's house. Thus shall you purge the evil from your midst. (Deuteronomy 22:20-21 NAB)

Kill People for Working on the Sabbath

The LORD then gave these further instructions to Moses: 'Tell the people of Israel to keep my Sabbath day, for the Sabbath is a sign of the covenant between me and you forever. It helps you to remember that I am the LORD, who makes you holy. Yes, keep the Sabbath day, for it is holy. Anyone who desecrates it must die; anyone who works on that day will be cut off from the community. Work six days only, but the seventh day must be a day of total rest. I repeat: Because the LORD considers it a holy day, anyone who works on the Sabbath must be put to death.' (Exodus 31:12-15 NLT)

The list goes on. Slavery, Rape, Mass Murder...all advocated in the Holy Bible. Just remember this book that you are basing your values on...includes this. I am not trying to tell people to stop being religous, i'm just saying keep an open mind about things. Yes i'm sure that the other religious have rediculous bullshit like this as well.

Last edited by mikesova; November 19th, 2006 at 03:08 PM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 03:58 PM   #17
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sova, please refer to my first post. I can tell you my faith, and let you know how to be free from sin, but I don't want to force anything on you. What's that saying....you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.....
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 04:13 PM   #18
jamiesann
Senior Member
 
jamiesann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods
Posts: 2,888
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

sova i cant quote verse worth a damn but i know enough Jesus loved everyone, even no believers. He could care less what you did wrong, murdurers, theif, doesnt matter. Its my belief and non-biblical scholar belief that at the judgement day all you have to do is accept god (the christian god that is) as your savior and you get into heaven. Its as simple as that. Even wicked evil folks like ida amen, sadam, jeffery dahmer can get in if they have a revelation on judgement day. Soooo it would stand to reason a buddhist, shintoist, taoist or muslim would get in, as well as athiest.

Also christians with any amount of knowledge respect Judiasm and Islam because of our shared past and lineage and many commanalities. I have faith in the koram. My dads buddy is indian from india he said in the koran it has the speed of light ! You can't guess that thats divine. Now i am not gonna be attending a mosque any time soon. But i have respect for all the great peaceful religions. Many buddhist for example are kinder better christian than many christians are ... not in the name of god but their kindness generosity, humanity, humility, etc is all the same stuff the christian god asks of you.

Only people i dont respect is the radical muslims. Everyone else is cool with me.

Also you idea that weak minded folks will be send Pat money to get into heaven ??? I dont see that happening, anyone that weak minded likely doesnt have much money or they were already duped out of it by now.
jamiesann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 05:35 PM   #19
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,917
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
:chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw: :chiefwoohaw:
Funny...you go to a website called evilbible.com (not gonna be any slant there is there ) and cut and paste things you know nothing of.

I'm not going to look them all up, but I did pull my bible off the shelf next to me and looked up Deuteronomy 22:28 and 29. This is what I found and it isn't cut and pasted...I actually looked it up.

28 - If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found;

29 - Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days.

I don't see anything about rape there. I see 2 people having non-martial sex.

aand in Deuteronomy 22:23 and 24...where does it say death to the rape victom? It says death 2 people in adultry.

The more I look at this, the more full of crap you post is.

Quote:
Kill Witches

You should not let a sorceress live. (Exodus 22:17 NAB)
Exodus 22:17 doesn't say that....it says:

If her father utterly refuse to give her unto him, he shall pay money according to the dowry of virgins.

Your post is crap. Read the bible before you post things and PRETEND to know anything about it.
Buggy_Tim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2006, 06:28 PM   #20
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,510
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post

anyway, i just think people should have a bit more of an open mind. Can you prove to me that Christianity is the "correct" religion? what about it is "better" or "more right" than Buddhism, or Hinduism, or Islam, or Judaism? If you can prove to me that "yours is right and theirs is wrong" say whatever you want...but I don't think you can, therefore, I don't think statements like that should be made, especially by people like Pat Robertson who have some much sway over the weak minded people of this country. What does saying something like that do? It is just going to cause more animosity between people of opposing religions...I suppose it might also cause some undecided weak minded people to convert and donate lots of money to his cause...oh yeah , there it is, money is the root of all ...religion???
I agree.

I don’t interpret “thou shalt have no other god’s before me” as saying that what other groups of people refer to as “god” if actually a different “god” or some type of “demon”. Why would you assume that what the Hindus or Buddhists or any other religion refer to as “god” is a different entity as the Christian “god”. I’m no expert but the research into they and other religions suggests that many eastern religions are actually more “philosophies” (dealing with how we live our lives here on earth) than “religions” (dealing with god and the afterlife) and as such they don’t really go into detail just who or what “god” is, so it’s not a big stretch for me to believe that they are actually talking about the same god.

I’ve also wondered if “thou shalt have no other god’s before me” is an admission, from God himself, that there are in fact other “gods” out there.

And finally, I find it interesting, and maybe significant, that among the first people God chose to announce the birth of his son to were not Jews but in fact “Magi from the east” who are believe to be Zoroastrians. That seems to be an acknowledgement, straight from God, that he is the same “god” that other, non Jewish religions believe in.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:59 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.49296 seconds with 81 queries