1 minute in and Barry says, - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #81
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,323
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

al gore is a bona fide a-hole.
it just grabs my ass how folks can refuse to see reality. making all these excuses up to cover up a weakness/failure/miscalculation/mistake. it's never anybody's fault. no one ever loses. give the prez a trophy for showing up and let him go home and put it on the bookshelf right next to that bust of winston churchill (opps-he sent that back to England)
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:40 PM   #82
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,442
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I am reading the information below in fact checking and does that mean that Romney's numbers were wrong? If you have taken a part time job or stopped looking for a job you still aren't employed in my opinion. I mean thats like saying while Mike was working for 8 dollars an hour at the hobby shop during the rough economy here, he was gainfully employed.

Quote:
ROMNEY on the failure of Obama's economic policy: "And the proof of that is 23 million people out of work. The proof of that is 1 out of 6 people in poverty. The proof of that is we've gone from 32 million on food stamps to 47 million on food stamps. The proof of that is that 50 percent of college graduates this year can't find work."

THE FACTS: The number of unemployed is 12.5 million, not 23 million. Romney was also counting 8 million people who are working part time but would like a full-time job and 2.6 million who have stopped looking for work, either because they are discouraged or because they are going back to school or for other reasons.

He got the figure closer to right earlier in the debate, leaving out only the part-timers when he said the U.S. has "23 million people out of work or stopped looking for work." But he was wrong in asserting that Obama came into office "facing 23 million people out of work." At the start of Obama's presidency, 12 million were out of work.

His claim that half of college graduates can't find work now also was problematic. A Northeastern University analysis for The Associated Press found that a one-fourth of recent graduates were probably unemployed and another quarter were underemployed, which means working in jobs that didn't make full use of their skills or experience.
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:47 PM   #83
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,389
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am reading the information below in fact checking and does that mean that Romney's numbers were wrong? If you have taken a part time job or stopped looking for a job you still aren't employed in my opinion. I mean thats like saying while Mike was working for 8 dollars an hour at the hobby shop during the rough economy here, he was gainfully employed.
its called underemployed, and its twisting words.

yes, technically they are employed, but not at a level they once were where they can contribute to the economy by actively purchasing goods, services, and other things that help to also employ others.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:12 PM   #84
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,512
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am reading the information below in fact checking and does that mean that Romney's numbers were wrong? If you have taken a part time job or stopped looking for a job you still aren't employed in my opinion. I mean thats like saying while Mike was working for 8 dollars an hour at the hobby shop during the rough economy here, he was gainfully employed.
His numbers aren't wrong, his wording was.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:42 PM   #85
homerdogeo8
booger eatin' moron
 
homerdogeo8's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-08
Location: St Johns
Posts: 2,329
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oblama is a little late to the debate.

Obama Blasts Mitt Romney's Debate Candor: 'You Owe The American People The Truth'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_1939852.html
homerdogeo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:23 PM   #86
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,323
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am reading the information below in fact checking and does that mean that Romney's numbers were wrong?
u no, u axe 2 many gud questioins.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:13 PM   #87
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

"Obama got beat so bad the debate is now a hate crime in five states"


__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #88
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Love all the / media complaining that moderator didn't "fact check" Ronmey more aggressively.

Wouldn't that be Obie's job?
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:41 PM   #89
Jeepxjmike20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-06-12
Location: Saginaw mi
Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

obama got beated so bad. i walked into work today with a big smile on my face. uaw union like obama and about 3/4 of workers at nexteer say if it wasnt bailed out i wouldnt have a job. which i know for a fact that isnt true that we would go through bankruptcy and reconstruct the business policies. ceo and managers/ salary office people would be cut. but cant talk to liberals they hate foxnews and think everything obama say is true. facts are facts and i would point it out all the time.obama and his adminstration is the most corrupt adminstration of all time. obama buying votes and swindle money back to them if they vote for him.
Jeepxjmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #90
Jeepxjmike20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-06-12
Location: Saginaw mi
Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

romney and ryan 2012
Jeepxjmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #91
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepxjmike20 View Post
obama got beated so bad. i walked into work today with a big smile on my face. uaw union like obama and about 3/4 of workers at nexteer say if it wasnt bailed out i wouldnt have a job. which i know for a fact that isnt true that we would go through bankruptcy and reconstruct the business policies. ceo and managers/ salary office people would be cut. but cant talk to liberals they hate foxnews and think everything obama say is true. facts are facts and i would point it out all the time.obama and his adminstration is the most corrupt adminstration of all time. obama buying votes and swindle money back to them if they vote for him.
English version please.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:47 PM   #92
mac56
Flatland Jeeper
 
mac56's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-11
Location: Niles, MI.
Posts: 48
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

To put it plainly.... Obama got bitch slapped and never saw it coming...
mac56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:32 PM   #93
Jeepxjmike20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-06-12
Location: Saginaw mi
Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
English version please.
lol you couldnt understand that? i was kinda in a hurry to reply. what i said was obama is buying votes from unions which is UAW for nexteer. what i mean by that was money from the union get put toward his campaign. then once he was elected 4 years ago he swindle money back to the union.

3/4 of people who work at nexteer are . they think if it wasnt for bailing us out our jobs would be cut. which isnt the case if we didnt recieve a bail out we would go through business policies and re construct our company.

Obama runs on nothing but lies, he has nothing to run on. this adminstration is so corrupt.

I am supporting romney and ryan.

Romney & Ryan 2012
Jeepxjmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 05:37 AM   #94
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,389
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepxjmike20 View Post
lol you couldnt understand that? i was kinda in a hurry to reply. what i said was obama is buying votes from unions which is UAW for nexteer. what i mean by that was money from the union get put toward his campaign. then once he was elected 4 years ago he swindle money back to the union.

3/4 of people who work at nexteer are . they think if it wasnt for bailing us out our jobs would be cut. which isnt the case if we didnt recieve a bail out we would go through business policies and re construct our company.

Obama runs on nothing but lies, he has nothing to run on. this adminstration is so corrupt.

I am supporting romney and ryan.

Romney & Ryan 2012
This is your first post that is almost understandable. At least you support the right candidate.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM   #95
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,993
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That was one of the best Debates I've watched. Romney nailed it. Pres. Obama looked like a scared little boy standing up at the podium. Kind of responded like one too.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #96
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,616
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 131 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

NMATV and their political animations are hilarious, and pretty accurate.


__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 08:29 AM   #97
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,758
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Default

And now yesterday he started name calling and making jokes. (basically a typical sign of insecurity) On the other hand, Romney responded professionally with a "the american public was able to see 2 distinct different views......."

No bullshit or making jokes from Romney. All professional.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:39 AM   #98
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepxjmike20 View Post
3/4 of people who work at nexteer are . they think if it wasnt for bailing us out our jobs would be cut. which isnt the case if we didnt recieve a bail out we would go through business policies and re construct our company.
Except that didn't bail out Nexteer or Delphi. The GM bailout did require that GM give Delphi $ to ensure Delphi UAW retirees retirements/medical/etc... were fully covered. Non-UAW Delphi retirees were hung out to dry. Obie repaid the UAW for service rendered in election.

Nexteer's "bailout" came in the form of Delphi cutting it loose and the Chinese buying it - and keeping the UAW, albeit with a number of cost-cutting measures that to their credit the UAW local accepted, rather than lose jobs.

So your co-workers are giving Obie credit for their condition that is wholly undeserved.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #99
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,844
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

In retrospect, Obie's debate performance is exactly what we should've expected.

Despite the constant praise being heaped on him by the lapdog media, he's still the same empty suit elected almost four years ago, who's main skill appears to be the ability to deliver an excellent rehearsed speech (aided by teleprompters) to an adoring audience or conduct softball interviews with hand-picked, friendly interviewers.

This was the first time in his administration that he faced someone who would disagree with him, tell him he was wrong, and criticize his ideas. After 3 1/2 years of rabid yes men, the emperor was told - point blank - that he was wearing no clothes and the view wasn't all that impressive.

I'm surpised he didn't behave worse.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM   #100
FORD FLARESIDE
Ohh, that's gonna' hurt
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 21,903
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
Except that didn't bail out Nexteer or Delphi. The GM bailout did require that GM give Delphi $ to ensure Delphi UAW retirees retirements/medical/etc... were fully covered. Non-UAW Delphi retirees were hung out to dry. Obie repaid the UAW for service rendered in election.

Nexteer's "bailout" came in the form of Delphi cutting it loose and the Chinese buying it - and keeping the UAW, albeit with a number of cost-cutting measures that to their credit the UAW local accepted, rather than lose jobs.

So your co-workers are giving Obie credit for their condition that is wholly undeserved.

You know for an you speak with intelligents and expierience.


..................I still think you should be in an elected position, though.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:19 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.35503 seconds with 82 queries