Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #21
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,079
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
What the hell is wrong with people these days who see someone that has become successful and think hey he robbed/ got over on someone.. instead of hey he worked his ass off?
Seriously? Explain to me this malfunction.
I have met very few people who are successful that haven't sacrified to get to that point. The people who are successful are the ones who probably have done most of the following:
Worked long and crazy hours to meet deadlines
Made themselves available after normal business hours (nights and weekends) to get work done
Take on extra/additional tasks without immediate compensation
Do whatever is necessary to get the task completed

I am so sick of people saying "oh he's wealthy so he got over on someone."

There are at least one to two weekends a month where I have to say I am unavailable because I have a hot project. I work a crazy amount of hours weekly. Those are the things I and doing to make myself successful, instead of just bitching about the people who have already sacrificed.
X2. Someone please give me a real reason why Romney is an "Idiot?"
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #22
srlbotanical
Because I Said So...
 
srlbotanical's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-09-07
Location: Saranac, MI
Posts: 797
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Why do we always feel the need to vilify either candidate? I have respect for both men as individuals and I don't think that either one is out do intentional harm to our country.

If the super-polarization of current politics doesn't change, any future president will be a lame duck.
srlbotanical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 11:56 AM   #23
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,559
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Mitt said and did what I have been waiting for the media to do for four years.

The are akin to a bunch of cockroaches and Mitt walked in and turned on the lights.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #24
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,300
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trendsetter View Post
South park for the win!



montecarlo33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:16 PM   #25
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,376
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
X2. Someone please give me a real reason why Romney is an "Idiot?"
who said he's an "idiot"?

I think he's obviously a very intelligent person, and I think he has Americas best interests at heart and wants to see everyone succeed. I'm just not convinced that his plan will work as he expects it to.

Edit, I just notice that the OP called them both idiots in the title.

Last edited by brewmenn; October 4th, 2012 at 12:22 PM.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #26
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,249
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
who said he's an "idiot"?

I think he's obviously a very intelligent person, and I think he has Americas best interests at heart and wants to see everyone succeed. I'm just not convinced that his plan will work as he expects it to.
so, what's new? has obama's plan worked as he expected us to believe it would?
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:23 PM   #27
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: north of a bankrupt city
Posts: 3,249
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
The people who are successful are the ones who probably have done most of the following:
Worked long and crazy hours to meet deadlines
Made themselves available after normal business hours (nights and weekends) to get work done
Take on extra/additional tasks without immediate compensation
Do whatever is necessary to get the task completed

There are at least one to two weekends a month where I have to say I am unavailable because I have a hot project. I work a crazy amount of hours weekly.
you madam are exactly what is wrong with our country. you believe in yourself and rely on yourself. you are probably the type that brought your own pencils, paper and bookbag to school and wore a coat, mittens and shoes provided by your parents instead of waiting for the school to give them to you free. don't you know your supposed to be DEPENDENT on the state, unions and the taxes paid in by charlie six-pack??
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 12:28 PM   #28
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,941
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
you madam are exactly what is wrong with our country. you believe in yourself and rely on yourself. you are probably the type that brought your own pencils, paper and bookbag to school and wore a coat, mittens and shoes provided by your parents instead of waiting for the school to give them to you free. don't you know your supposed to be DEPENDENT on the state, unions and the taxes paid in by charlie six-pack??


I don't like Obama, but I dislike Romney less. I don't think either of them are idiots, although it's obvious Obama is just not experienced enough to be President.

I think they both want the same things for this country and Americans. Good healthcare, better education, more jobs, etc. The difference is how it's done. Democrats believe that micro-managing government control can achieve all those things. They don't seem to realize the expensive inefficiency that government has. Republicans believe that those successes can come about from free market enterprise and getting the government out of the way as much as possible.

However, both of those views don't seem to trickle down to social issues, as Democrats are cool with abortion (to a limit), gay marriage and such. Conservative Republicans do not agree, and want say in those things.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:08 PM   #29
Jeepxjmike20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-06-12
Location: Saginaw mi
Posts: 151
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
What the hell is wrong with people these days who see someone that has become successful and think hey he robbed/ got over on someone.. instead of hey he worked his ass off?
Seriously? Explain to me this malfunction.
I have met very few people who are successful that haven't sacrified to get to that point. The people who are successful are the ones who probably have done most of the following:
Worked long and crazy hours to meet deadlines
Made themselves available after normal business hours (nights and weekends) to get work done
Take on extra/additional tasks without immediate compensation
Do whatever is necessary to get the task completed

I am so sick of people saying "oh he's wealthy so he got over on someone."

There are at least one to two weekends a month where I have to say I am unavailable because I have a hot project. I work a crazy amount of hours weekly. Those are the things I and doing to make myself successful, instead of just bitching about the people who have already sacrificed.

I agree! people like to attack successful people.
I believe everything i have in my life is from hard work and dedication. i believe what romney said about the 47% it is 100% fact and people dont like to hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Mitt doesn't need the money. I truly believe he is doing this because he thinks he can bring our country back around.
i agree 100%
Jeepxjmike20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 05:15 PM   #30
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,079
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
who said he's an "idiot"?

I think he's obviously a very intelligent person, and I think he has Americas best interests at heart and wants to see everyone succeed. I'm just not convinced that his plan will work as he expects it to.

Edit, I just notice that the OP called them both idiots in the title.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:50 PM   #31
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

I don't think i could vote Romney. Obama probably isn't the best president,but Romney just seems lost. I'm sure he has good intentions, but he sounds like he's lost touch with the present.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 08:58 PM   #32
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,074
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post
It took more than he has to get where he is, where did that money come from?

he owes someone favors.
I believe he is a man of character and honesty. His father passed away and left him a forture. Mitt gave the all the money to charity. He built his fortune on his own merit and hard work.
He did not recieve a Nobel Peace Prize worth a million dollars for doing nothing.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #33
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,074
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I don't think i could vote Romney. Obama probably isn't the best president,but Romney just seems lost. I'm sure he has good intentions, but he sounds like he's lost touch with the present.
Obviously you missed the the debate last night. Mitt was flawless and knew his stuff. The president was out of his element and was lost, he wanted to be elsewhere and it showed.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #34
GREASYHANDS
wabbit season
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 12,436
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Vote GREASYHANDS 2013!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by RookieMT View Post
sorry I don't work on fords I park on top of them!
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:29 PM   #35
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,741
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I don't think i could vote Romney. Obama probably isn't the best president,but Romney just seems lost. I'm sure he has good intentions, but he sounds like he's lost touch with the present.
what rock have you been hiding under?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #36
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Obviously you missed the the debate last night. Mitt was flawless and knew his stuff. The president was out of his element and was lost, he wanted to be elsewhere and it showed.
I watched most of it, got bored.

Obama sucked, Romney sucked. If you have your choice of 2 STD's, it's really hard to decide. Crabs you get the sweet comb, razor, and some cream. Trichomoniasis you just get pills.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2012, 10:30 PM   #37
tweak177
Say what?!?
 
tweak177's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-19-06
Location: Clawson
Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I watched most of it, got bored.

Obama sucked, Romney sucked. If you have your choice of 2 STD's, it's really hard to decide. Crabs you get the sweet comb, razor, and some cream. Trichomoniasis you just get pills.
Yes Obama sucked, but Romney did not. Romney kicked the shit out of Obama last night.
__________________
Get your Jeep Wrangler "FrankeBrute" raffle tickets at babyliam.org and show your support for the Henderson family!
tweak177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #38
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,599
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Romney just seems lost.
even most realize mitt made obama look silly.

so either you did not watch the debate, or you do not understand how debates work??

obama cant fight the truth! his record speaks for itself!
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:49 AM   #39
stinkpickle
bitter clinger
 
stinkpickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: Millbury, OH
Posts: 1,056
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I would vote for Romney over Obama. Romney is a fixer, he finds broken systems and fixes them. Olympics in SaltLake comes to mind, Bain capital took broken, inefficient businesses and made them work again. Obama was a community organizer. Community organizers are good at fault finding but do very little to help. The US is broken, we need a fixer not a community organizer.
stinkpickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:24 AM   #40
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 20,654
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I don't think i could vote Romney. Obama probably isn't the best president,but Romney just seems lost. I'm sure he has good intentions, but he sounds like he's lost touch with the present.
You really need to get your head out of your ass. Lost? hahahahaha
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.26367 seconds with 52 queries