Does this Infringe....... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 4th, 2012, 07:01 PM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default Does this Infringe.......

on freedom of speach rights?

http://www.infowars.com/apple-grante...g-to-location/
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 4th, 2012, 08:10 PM   #2
BRUSER
Senior Member
 
BRUSER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: WestSide Michigan
Posts: 1,329
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Another good reason to avoid I-Fruit products. Guess I still better carry the flip cam.
BRUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2012, 11:27 PM   #3
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,508
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

No, neither the existence of the technology nor Apples patent on it infringes on anyone's rights. It definitely could be used that way, but the same could be said for lots of things.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 12:12 AM   #4
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,502
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

When you sign up for cellular service, you agree to terms/conditions. If your term/condition change, and you don't like it, cancel it. Or just turn off your GPS. Or I think for Iphones is called jailbreak.

Recording capabilities, or cell service is not a right.

There doesn't seem to be much out rage when signs are put in places that advise the no recording of any kind is permitted. I know I've personally seen, where these signs are located, people taking pictures or using video. What about the rights of the property/intellect owners? Do you stand up for their rights that are being violated?
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.

Last edited by MonkeyBiz; September 5th, 2012 at 12:17 AM.
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:32 AM   #5
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
When you sign up for cellular service, you agree to terms/conditions. If your term/condition change, and you don't like it, cancel it. Or just turn off your GPS. Or I think for Iphones is called jailbreak.

Recording capabilities, or cell service is not a right.

There doesn't seem to be much out rage when signs are put in places that advise the no recording of any kind is permitted. I know I've personally seen, where these signs are located, people taking pictures or using video. What about the rights of the property/intellect owners? Do you stand up for their rights that are being violated?
I have seen signs posted no video or cameras permitted in areas, which the owner/company has that right to protect thier investment from being plastered all over the internet.
Myself not relizing that political events or protests would be under that catagory. Thinking that a Wall Street Rally would be good to record and post for all to see what a bunch of fools these people can be or a Tea Party Rally to show what the difference in the two groups are.
My thinking is what is there to hide that authorities don't want to get out to the general public.
I don't think it would be Apple wanting to do this, they would have nothing to gain from it, but the big brother would like it to keep the upper hand on it's subjects.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:09 AM   #6
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,508
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Myself not relizing that political events or protests would be under that catagory.
The tin foil hat web site you found this on are the only people I see saying that it does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Thinking that a Wall Street Rally would be good to record and post for all to see what a bunch of fools these people can be or a Tea Party Rally to show what the difference in the two groups are.
My thinking is what is there to hide that authorities don't want to get out to the general public.
I don't think it would be Apple wanting to do this, they would have nothing to gain from it, but the big brother would like it to keep the upper hand on it's subjects.
Trust me, if the government wanted to prevent you from using your cell phone in a certian area, they already have the means to do it, they don't need Apples niffty little patent.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #7
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,955
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

cellphone videos mostly suck anyway.

go pro, or coutour+2 wearable cam's are the way to go, and your video output doesn't look like some meth-head with parkinson's shot it whilst jerking off.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #8
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
The tin foil hat web site you found this on are the only people I see saying that it does.




Trust me, if the government wanted to prevent you from using your cell phone in a certian area, they already have the means to do it, they don't need Apples niffty little patent.
Why is it Tin Foil Hat paranoia when a conservative has an opinion differing that of a liberal?

I think we would have a huge problem with the government if they attempted to silence people from taking pictures or recordings of events that the government does not want the message to get out.
With that being said, they could get Apple to do it for them and get less attention in that way with still being able to sensor and limit what is happening.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #9
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,955
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Why is it Tin Foil Hat paranoia when a conservative has an opinion differing that of a liberal?

I think we would have a huge problem with the government if they attempted to silence people from taking pictures or recordings of events that the government does not want the message to get out.
With that being said, they could get Apple to do it for them and get less attention in that way with still being able to sensor and limit what is happening.
wtf. are there shady things that people in the government does? of course, in part because people are sometimes shady, and some of those people work in the government.

it's another thing altogether to suggest that the government would work clandestine-like with a single company that makes among the most expensive cell phones on the planet to limit specifically their ability to take pictures in certain areas by granting them a specific patent? read that bold part. now read it again. take a deep breath (if you can without laughing out loud) now read it again. still think so?

uhm... yeah, that's straight out tin-foil hat crew right there. I mean fukc everyone knows they don't need to do that, they can use their super secret satellites with the high powered infrared lasers to blind every camera in a certain area... you know, those same ones that they use to take pictures on CSI with the magic "enhance" button that allows them to see your finger prints from space...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:10 PM   #10
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
wtf. are there shady things that people in the government does? of course, in part because people are sometimes shady, and some of those people work in the government.

it's another thing altogether to suggest that the government would work clandestine-like with a single company that makes among the most expensive cell phones on the planet to limit specifically their ability to take pictures in certain areas by granting them a specific patent? read that bold part. now read it again. take a deep breath (if you can without laughing out loud) now read it again. still think so?

uhm... yeah, that's straight out tin-foil hat crew right there. I mean fukc everyone knows they don't need to do that, they can use their super secret satellites with the high powered infrared lasers to blind every camera in a certain area... you know, those same ones that they use to take pictures on CSI with the magic "enhance" button that allows them to see your finger prints from space...


ok made your point and yup I did laugh.......and not at the bold print, about the finger prints.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #11
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,508
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Why is it Tin Foil Hat paranoia when a conservative has an opinion differing that of a liberal?

I think we would have a huge problem with the government if they attempted to silence people from taking pictures or recordings of events that the government does not want the message to get out.
With that being said, they could get Apple to do it for them and get less attention in that way with still being able to sensor and limit what is happening.
It has nothing to do with Liberal or Conservative. Itís about seeing some conspiracy where none exists.

I agree it would be a huge problem if the government tried to do that and I would be right with you fighting it. But as has been pointed out, just the existence of the technology and the patent for it does not prove the governments intend to use it against us.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 07:54 PM   #12
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,711
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

This stuff cracks me up. It's another case of paranoia of "what" might happen. I am so sick of us worrying about stuff and then regulating things because "something" or "someone" "might" do something.

You want to take a picture or video and make sure it doesn't get lost? Use a camera instead of a phone.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:07 PM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,508
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post

You want to take a picture or video and make sure it doesn't get lost? Use a camera instead of a phone.
And it you really want to make sure you use one of them old fashioned film cameras. Remember those Jim?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:24 PM   #14
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,711
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

ouch
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,508
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
ouch
Just messing wit ya. I actually still use one with film.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.24192 seconds with 66 queries