I need to vent a little on a trade I made(long post) - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin. > The recycle bin's recycle bin.
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The recycle bin's recycle bin. You really messed up to get a post inside here.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:26 PM   #21
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Bought an F150 from a member here, he stated the transfer case was locked in 2wd, and it had a bad oil pan gasket. He was correct on both points, and I got the truck for $750.

Replaced the TC with one bought from another member here for $75

Few months later, it's squealing like a pig, I'm checking the front end bearings, can't get the hubs off (special tool required) and I see a bad ball jont. I do not have the proper tools or the time so it goes to the shop, and $750 later front end is like new.

Still squealing like a pig. Shop tells me rear end is shot, $1200 for a new one. I declined the repair, went to parts galore, got a good used rear for $150 and installed it in my driveway.

So now I have a bit under $2000 tied up in a truck that is reliable and once I fix the rust on the bed, decent looking.

Moral to the story:


NOBODY sells a perfect vehicle. NOBODY.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:28 PM   #22
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,845
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Yes, yes you can. Then you just throw in a couple health issues that everybody is aware of because you mention it in almost every thread, a cancer stricken relative, and how you added your favorite possesions to sweeten the pot (something tells me the guy didn't want a straight up trade because his car sucked so bad) and sit back an watch the sympathy poor in.

Now don't get me wrong. I get being chronically ill sucks, I get having relatives die from cancer sucks but trying to use that as an excuse as to why everbody should feel sorry for you when you screw the pooch on a purchase is getting overly played out.


And quoted original post before a HGTD shows up.
I am not and will not ask for "sympathy"

I only mentioned the injuries because it took me a awhile to get around to going over the truck and I mentioned my father because it was the truck he wanted and I am living his dream.

I am just making a point to let people know you cant trust anyone, nowhere no how. That is the whole reason for my Thread, if you don't see it that way then I don't know what to say.
mideerslayer is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM   #23
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Trust, but verify.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:29 PM   #24
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,570
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Bullshit.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:32 PM   #25
montecarlo33
The Violator
 
montecarlo33's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-23-07
Location: Otsego County 49735
Posts: 4,569
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
NOBODY sells a perfect vehicle. NOBODY.
Right there it is. Sometimes you make out with a good one, other times you dont and have to stick money into it. Eather way you got to move on and live with it or just sell the truck to the next person. I use to trust people because I feel that im a overly honest seller, sometimes too honest, and others should be too. But life isnt all lollypops and rainbows as my grandma use to say.
montecarlo33 is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #26
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,845
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

no mud slinging allowed

Last edited by mideerslayer; August 4th, 2012 at 06:51 AM.
mideerslayer is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 04:57 PM   #27
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

I don't see your beef.

You traded a Stratus (not 'zackly a high demand vehicle) that needed work, for a 4WD extended cab Dodge (Fairly high demand) that needs work.

I have had vehicles that drove great, and found serious front end issues doing other repairs. My F150 for example, exhibited none of the things you would expect from a truck with bad upper ball joints. It drove fine from Chelsea to Eastpointe.

Now, if you had found some type of booger repair to cover up a problem, I'd would agree with you. But in my opinion the seller represented the truck as best as he knew.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:00 PM   #28
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,570
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

You are a fucking dochnozzle.

Because nobody has come out screaming for the sellers head you've came up with a simple solution, post the thread so everybody can see how and who fucks you sooooooo baaaaaad.

You can say what you want, but you've been around long enough to know these threads go one of 2 ways.

Either everybody agrees with you, and e-rapes the seller, or you get shit on. Since nobody like getting shit on, the only reason for this thread is to to try to get vindication for yourself, and try this in the court of public opinion.

Go fukc yourself.
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:00 PM   #29
caveman
willie banger
 
caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-06
Location: Sturgis MI.
Posts: 2,400
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

hell I would sport it.
caveman is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM   #30
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideerslayer View Post
1996 4X4 Dodge Ram Extended cab 360. $1500 Chesterfield, MI - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Short bed, pioneer cd player, power seats, bed liner. 141,500 miles. Runs and Drives. Needs a starter and possibly power steering pump. I don't have the money to fix it. I can start it and drive it to show you that it runs/drives. This truck runs and drives great except the problems I listed. 4x4 works great. Rusty but trusty. Newer Tires. The only reason I stopped driving this truck is because I commute 60 miles a day and I couldn't afford the gas. My wife drove it for a while until she begged me for a minivan. I need the money for medical bills, so I'm gonna let it go for $2,000


This is where i made my mistake and took his word, I know I screwed up by taking his word but it was said to be running and driving.

LIVE AND LEARN
Well, it ran and you drove it home, didn't you?

That is 'runs and drives'.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #31
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,845
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
You are a fucking dochnozzle.

Because nobody has come out screaming for the sellers head you've came up with a simple solution, post the thread so everybody can see how and who fucks you sooooooo baaaaaad.

You can say what you want, but you've been around long enough to know these threads go one of 2 ways.

Either everybody agrees with you, and e-rapes the seller, or you get shit on. Since nobody like getting shit on, the only reason for this thread is to to try to get vindication for yourself, and try this in the court of public opinion.

Go fukc yourself.
and you sir can go suck on a donkey dick. I didnt ask for your half ass opinion, I was just "venting" not asking for anything in return or want anyone to shit on someone. I was speaking my mind about a transaction that i made on here and you got your thong all in a bunch, so again you can go fukc your self as I dont give 2 shits who you are or what you say!
mideerslayer is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #32
Asher
Jack stand wheeler
 
Asher's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-27-08
Location: Metamora,MI
Posts: 255
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

For $1500 I'd be thrilled I was able to get it home without a tow truck getting involved. There is no need for this sob story no one got screwed here, just looks like two guys swapped old unreliable vehicles that need and will always need work.
Asher is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:09 PM   #33
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
For $1500 I'd be thrilled I was able to get it home without a tow truck getting involved. There is no need for this sob story no one got screwed here, just looks like two guys swapped old unreliable vehicles that need and will always need work.
This is the Pub, there is no room for your logic here!
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #34
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,034
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Can a mod change the title of this thread to "joecarrr, meet sandravagina"
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:16 PM   #35
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,570
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mideerslayer View Post
and you sir can go suck on a donkey dick. I didnt ask for your half ass opinion, I was just "venting" not asking for anything in return or want anyone to shit on someone. I was speaking my mind about a transaction that i made on here and you got your thong all in a bunch, so again you can go fukc your self as I dont give 2 shits who you are or what you say!
WAAAAAAAA Somebody's calling me out for being a sandyvag cock sucker.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:19 PM   #36
creeping death
I'm that guy.
 
creeping death's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-11-08
Location: MUSKEGON, MI. 49442
Posts: 8,039
iTrader: (83)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Default

that truck looks like a fucking piece of shit and you should have never expected it to be any more just by looking at it no matter what the seller said.

also, posting an "i got ganked" thread in the pub and being surprised by the responses no matter what the case proves you truly do have bad judgement.
__________________
You ain't got no problem, Jules. I'm on the motherfucker.
creeping death is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:20 PM   #37
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 8,570
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by creeping death View Post
that truck looks like a fucking piece of shit and you should have never expected it to be any more just by looking at it no matter what the seller said.

also, posting an "i got ganked" thread in the pub and being surprised by the responses no matter what the case proves you truly do have bad judgement.
Notice he hasn't posted anthing about the piece of shit he traded it for?
__________________
In bed, according to prophesy.
MonkeyBiz is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:22 PM   #38
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,845
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
WAAAAAAAA Somebody's calling me out for being a sandyvag cock sucker.. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Why are you taking this so personal, have you been know to make transactions Like this? You seem to be taking this very personal??

Again in case you cant comprehend basic English, I know I got screwed by not looking it over and I let the thought of getting this truck get the best of me, but all I ask when I do a trade,sell something or buy something is be up frt and honest. I dont expect a perfect truck by no means but dont make it sound like there isnt anything wrong with it. This was the whole point of My thread, it make people be more aware of transactions
mideerslayer is offline  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:23 PM   #39
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,914
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Mideerslayer do us all a favor and drink bleach you crying bitch.
cj65 is online now  
Old August 3rd, 2012, 05:24 PM   #40
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,845
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBiz View Post
Notice he hasn't posted anthing about the piece of shit he traded it for?
If you read the first post, I clearly posted what I traded and the issues it had.
mideerslayer is offline  
Closed Thread
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The recycle bin. > The recycle bin's recycle bin.

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:21 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 1.82265 seconds with 81 queries