The New Minority? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 5th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default The New Minority?

Strange things are happening in America. I'm wondering if it's because people that pull their weight in society have become the voting minority?

Discuss.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 5th, 2012, 09:33 AM   #2
Jeeper52
Budget, what budget?
 
Jeeper52's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-27-11
Location: windsor ontario
Posts: 680
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

of coarse they are because they are busy working during the day and dont have time to think about what they could be complaining about.
Jeeper52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:02 AM   #3
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 8,166
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default

I was working in the city of Detroit last election day (2008). Every place that you could vote at had no less then 200-300 people wrapped around the block, at each location. Now was this because people are serious about voting or

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 11:09 AM   #4
cmetzg03
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
 
cmetzg03's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-30-11
Location: White Lake/roscommon
Posts: 8,166
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Man, this site was so much better before cmetzg03 joined
cmetzg03 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 12:06 PM   #5
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,975
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
Default

Sure, and it's only going to get worse. Responsible people who work for a living plan their families and only have so many children because of costs. When you are on government assistance and do not pay for things like child birth, food for your kids, and health care for your kids you have more kids and they become voters who vote for more social programs. Hell, an extra kid is an extra paycheck on government assistance. At that point, why not have 5 kids? My wife and I can probably only afford two kids. We just can't afford more.
TJJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #6
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
Sure, and it's only going to get worse. Responsible people who work for a living plan their families and only have so many children because of costs. When you are on government assistance and do not pay for things like child birth, food for your kids, and health care for your kids you have more kids and they become voters who vote for more social programs. Hell, an extra kid is an extra paycheck on government assistance. At that point, why not have 5 kids? My wife and I can probably only afford two kids. We just can't afford more.
And a generation ago my parents could afford to have 4 kids. A generation before that my grandparent had 9 kids.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #7
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,232
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Our society is starting to fail because of the burden,

Every one that believes them selves to be responsible, needs to completely change their mind set to figure out how to feed them selves as the down fall occurs.

Get ready, boys and girls, in the entire history of human civilization, this has not happened in an easy manner, it has always been ugly, and this occurance will too be ugly.
__________________
Supreme Chancellor!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:02 PM   #8
dougstephvoor
Supreme Chancelor!
 
dougstephvoor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: Saranac/Michigan
Posts: 2,232
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The SNAP/Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, just announced that it is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, directs us to "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." This is because the animals may grow dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves. Thus endith today's lesson.
__________________
Supreme Chancellor!
dougstephvoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2012, 05:20 PM   #9
billycole
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-21-09
Location: Coleman, MI
Posts: 366
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougstephvoor View Post
The SNAP/Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, just announced that it is pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever. Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, directs us to "Please Do Not Feed The Animals." This is because the animals may grow dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves. Thus endith today's lesson.
That is great lol, I needed that after a long day of work.
billycole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #10
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,565
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
And a generation ago my parents could afford to have 4 kids. A generation before that my grandparent had 9 kids.
I'm going out on a limb here, but I will wager theat your grandarents had a farm.


For farmers, children were extra help.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 01:26 AM   #11
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
I'm going out on a limb here, but I will wager theat your grandarents had a farm.


For farmers, children were extra help.
Nope. One was a mechanic, the other worked for the railroad.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 08:22 AM   #12
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Nope. One was a mechanic, the other worked for the railroad.
You have two dads? No wonder you're so progressive.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2012, 12:35 PM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
You have two dads? No wonder you're so progressive.
No, but like everyone else on the planet I had 2 grandfathers.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2012, 08:18 AM   #14
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
No, but like everyone else on the planet I had 2 grandfathers.
Ya got me!
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23910 seconds with 64 queries