well it must be cold in hell i bought a ford - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 5th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #1
not sure
no wait! my name is joe
 
not sure's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-25-07
Location: Sturgis, Michigan
Posts: 215
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default well it must be cold in hell i bought a ford

im not nor will i ever be a ford fan. this deal was to good to pass up and its been a good truck so far. put @ 5k on it so far. its parked for the winter now.
now specs:
1994.5 f350 2 wheel drive
7.3 powerstroke
manual 5 speed
366k miles
so far it has a cold air intake
3" downpipe to 3" dual exhaust
i got gauges for christmas just have to put them in
hopefully a tuner when i can afford it.
its a slow project.
so far ive got 19.9mpg on the highway empty
not positve on towing mileage yet (i didnt calculate it the last few times i towed)

towing my brothers cummins

new air cleaner
not sure is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 5th, 2012, 12:42 PM   #2
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,392
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

366k miles.. they must've paid you to take it to be that good of a deal.. And don't even start on that "It's diesel its just broken in" bullshit.. It's still a standard 1 ton truck with worn out suspension, body and driveline
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 11:21 AM   #3
Plato2k5
In Da Faaaaaace!!!
 
Plato2k5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-25-05
Location: WMU Kzoo Mi / Livonia, MI
Posts: 5,424
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Plato2k5
Default

someones a little butt hurt......

Nice truck. I have a 97 dually but extended cab. its 2wd as well and i'll get around 19 empty if I do 60 on the freeway. Its an auto to and I have a intake, 6 pos TS chip, 3" downpipe to dual 5" stacks...or maybe 6" .
Plato2k5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:06 PM   #4
sbcrichie
R&R Fabwerks
 
sbcrichie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-30-09
Location: sturgis/michigan
Posts: 1,133
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ouch posted a pic towing a cummins that hurts. Nice looking truck and nice mpg's too.
sbcrichie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2012, 09:38 PM   #5
GREASYHANDS
meep
 
GREASYHANDS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-09
Location: Ravenna
Posts: 12,756
iTrader: (28)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Nice looking tow rig Looks like it has been kept off the salty Michigan roads.
__________________
Bare Bones Offroad
RIP FS4L
Pavement sucks
Meow
GREASYHANDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:37 AM   #6
not sure
no wait! my name is joe
 
not sure's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-25-07
Location: Sturgis, Michigan
Posts: 215
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yeah it was a company truck for pace american trailers so most of the miles were pulling new trailers back and fourth on the highway. its got some rust but not too bad for a 94 michigan truck. it may have some miles but it uses no oil between oil changes (doesnt leak either) and runs beautiful. tows like a beast. the miles dont scare me away at all. as for the chassis and everything having alot of miles it rides better than my jeep and girlfriends cavalier. suspension is tight and it goes down the road nice. i have to say i really like this truck even though it is a ford
not sure is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2012, 11:43 AM   #7
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,907
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin View Post
366k miles.. they must've paid you to take it to be that good of a deal.. And don't even start on that "It's diesel its just broken in" bullshit.. It's still a standard 1 ton truck with worn out suspension, body and driveline
how do you know it wasn't properly maintained?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #8
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,392
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
how do you know it wasn't properly maintained?
I just know.. I know everything.. comes with the territory of being a member on this site
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 08:52 PM   #9
crazygrady127
Senior Member
 
crazygrady127's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Location: Madison Heights
Posts: 1,013
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Im not a Ford fan , but I love the picture of it pulling the cummins !!
__________________
Tear It Up - Fix It - And Do It Again
crazygrady127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 04:01 AM   #10
junkjeep
Senior Member
 
junkjeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-21-10
Location: centreville/MI
Posts: 125
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The cummins is my truck and his goof up caused it to be towed anyhow, darn powerstroke guy sabataging my cummins to make his ps look better, Hahahahaha lol
junkjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #11
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,871
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkjeep View Post
The cummins is my truck and his goof up caused it to be towed anyhow, darn powerstroke guy sabataging my cummins to make his ps look better, Hahahahaha lol
Man it must be another cold day in hell? Next thing you are going to tell me is hell froze over and instead of a lake of fire it has a lake of ice. Oh man, this is going to get good. I love a good debate about old piece of shit trucks! Or should I say a rant about old piece of shit truck nobody wants anymore hence sold truck to an assneck, who would consider it a good deal and now every hilljack that managed to scrounge up $1500 in pop can returnable’s has one. Or is this where some retread tells me they don't make motors or truck like these anymore and these are actually better than the new trucks?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:22 PM   #12
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,065
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
Man it must be another cold day in hell? Next thing you are going to tell me is hell froze over and instead of a lake of fire it has a lake of ice. Oh man, this is going to get good. I love a good debate about old piece of shit trucks! Or should I say a rant about old piece of shit truck nobody wants anymore hence sold truck to an assneck, who would consider it a good deal and now every hilljack that managed to scrounge up $1500 in pop can returnable’s has one. Or is this where some retread tells me they don't make motors or truck like these anymore and these are actually better than the new trucks?
I'll be the "RETREAD" that says they dont make motors like those anymore.I hate fords,I wrench on a fleet of them.
The 7.3 was a good motor the 6.0 powerjoke is a piece of shit.
If you dont believe me I can show you 5 of them within 20 minutes of my house sitting in the weeds with a blown up 6.0 powerstroke.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:32 PM   #13
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,871
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdd1469 View Post
I'll be the "RETREAD" that says they dont make motors like those anymore.I hate fords,I wrench on a fleet of them.
The 7.3 was a good motor the 6.0 powerjoke is a piece of shit.
If you dont believe me I can show you 5 of them within 20 minutes of my house sitting in the weeds with a blown up 6.0 powerstroke.
they dont make the 6.0 anymore...nice try, and it wasn't a bad motor
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2012, 12:49 PM   #14
bdd1469
bdd
 
bdd1469's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-12-10
Location: alto mi
Posts: 2,065
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bdd1469
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
they dont make the 6.0 anymore...nice try, and it wasn't a bad motor
Google ford super duty 6.0 common problems,and tell the thousands of people with a payment on a blown up piece of shit.
bdd1469 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Tow rigs and trailers

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.19499 seconds with 63 queries