911 is worthless - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:00 PM   #21
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,180
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
Scenario two

She is a worthless little whore that deserved the ass kicking she got. He may have just found out that she gave him da aids that she got after she got a train ran on her by a bunch of Africans.
I still don't see your point, if a bitch did that she deserves to be shot, don't beat her up.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #22
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,888
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Did ya atleast get a plate # for 911?
Trail Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:28 PM   #23
rockboss
Newbie
 
rockboss's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-10
Location: Fenton, MI
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Nice thread... people bitching that cops suck but no one likes em until they need one to save their ass. Guess what, the reason for the long wait is less money in taxes means less cops, less cops and more a-holes and since they were long gone it is not a priority. Everyone thinks cops are just waiting around to respond to every call within 5 mins. Yes there are lazy cops just like there are lazy people every where. Most are hardworking guys and gals trying to make things safer for you and yours. Lets show a little respect for people that put their lives on the line every day and would gladly save your butt no matter how much of an idiot you are.
rockboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:37 PM   #24
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboss View Post
Nice thread... people bitching that cops suck but no one likes em until they need one to save their ass. Guess what, the reason for the long wait is less money in taxes means less cops, less cops and more a-holes and since they were long gone it is not a priority. Everyone thinks cops are just waiting around to respond to every call within 5 mins. Yes there are lazy cops just like there are lazy people every where. Most are hardworking guys and gals trying to make things safer for you and yours. Lets show a little respect for people that put their lives on the line every day and would gladly save your butt no matter how much of an idiot you are.
I don't fucking need them.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 09:44 PM   #25
deerebowtie
Unchained
 
deerebowtie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-09
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 1,775
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

so caveman....the point of this thread is to admit you're worthless or?
deerebowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:00 PM   #26
toast
i break stuff
 
toast's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-14-07
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 480
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboss View Post
Nice thread... people bitching that cops suck but no one likes em until they need one to save their ass. Guess what, the reason for the long wait is less money in taxes means less cops, less cops and more a-holes and since they were long gone it is not a priority. Everyone thinks cops are just waiting around to respond to every call within 5 mins. Yes there are lazy cops just like there are lazy people every where. Most are hardworking guys and gals trying to make things safer for you and yours. Lets show a little respect for people that put their lives on the line every day and would gladly save your butt no matter how much of an idiot you are.
Thank you for that
toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:11 PM   #27
FIXTHIS
Member
 
Join Date: 04-10-12
Location: Holland
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default


Quote:
Originally Posted by toast View Post
A lot of tuff talk here. Point is that something should have been done about it to end the confrontation and the threat of harm to any involved. Hitting a woman, yea that's a no fly zone for me and my crew. Restraining a women so she does not harm you or others, that's different than hitting and consequently flooring a chick. But I gather that was not the case. Something should have been done, but I realize the gravity of the localized situation can make one a bit uneasy if not prepaired to enter into an already hot situation.

Yes, that is a ridiculous amount elapsed before a LEO shows up, let alone to not show at all.

And claiming that you'de hit a woman if you felt so inclined ....typical claim that has been made by fools before.

That being said, I think this thread should be curbed so that the "E-Elite bad asses" do not pour more fuel on the fire that already burns in honor of their idiocy. But if you feel differently, please all of you feel free to amaze the masses with your personal experiences of hitting a women so we can bask in your self-indulging awesomeness while each word you type lowers the generalized I.Q. of this forum all while painting you in, yet again, another beautiful shade "rest area toilet chili"
FIXTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2012, 10:22 PM   #28
tctrojan17
Sexy and I know it.
 
tctrojan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-21-10
Location: traverse city
Posts: 888
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hosejockey4506 View Post
your a jackass


they left after the incident and your wondering why the cops arent there??????????
Actually you are the jackass. Please explain to me how the cops did not show up because the people had left the scene. How did they know this?
tctrojan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 01:05 AM   #29
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,049
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tctrojan17 View Post
Actually you are the jackass. Please explain to me how the cops did not show up because the people had left the scene. How did they know this?
Clearly it is impossible that somebody else called right after him and told 911 that the people left the scene. Maybe another caller would have told them something worthwhile, like what kind of vehicle they left in, a plate or direction of travel.

But still the cops should have shown up to quietly contemplated the scene of an assault, because they are so rare.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #30
Medina
Shoulda bought an Achieva
 
Medina's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-03-07
Location: Bay City Michigan
Posts: 1,094
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Medina Send a message via MSN to Medina
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboss View Post
Nice thread... people bitching that cops suck but no one likes em until they need one to save their ass. Guess what, the reason for the long wait is less money in taxes means less cops, less cops and more a-holes and since they were long gone it is not a priority. Everyone thinks cops are just waiting around to respond to every call within 5 mins. Yes there are lazy cops just like there are lazy people every where. Most are hardworking guys and gals trying to make things safer for you and yours. Lets show a little respect for people that put their lives on the line every day and would gladly save your butt no matter how much of an idiot you are.
Medina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 06:04 AM   #31
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

It's great how much lawyers have fucked up this country though isn't it?

I would be inclined to help, but in the back of my head I know that I would probably be the one at the end of a legal attack.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:02 AM   #32
caveman
willie banger
 
caveman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-06
Location: Sturgis MI.
Posts: 2,431
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

everyone can say what they want, I did what I felt was right at the time, looking back could I have walked over there stopped it? maybe, but so could someone that was there pumping their gas. Say I'm a pussy, I don't care fukc off. It's easy too say what you WOULD have done not in the situation. I gave the info of the people, the car, clothing etc too the police.
caveman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #33
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,529
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
Get up get get get down!
This was a brilliant response.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:09 AM   #34
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,546
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

How did you know she wasn't being abducted?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:25 AM   #35
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
everyone can say what they want, I did what I felt was right at the time, looking back could I have walked over there stopped it? maybe, but so could someone that was there pumping their gas. Say I'm a pussy, I don't care fukc off. It's easy too say what you WOULD have done not in the situation. I gave the info of the people, the car, clothing etc too the police.
I used to work at Parker's Ambulance and knew all the officers in Sturgis at one time - I'm sure many have come and gone over the years - but domestic assault was serious business back "in the day". I've personally witnessed the police sergeant put his boot in the ass of several "tough guy" wife-beaters.

If no one came, it is probably a sign of the times with the housing crisis killing property values / tax revenues and wiping out a lot of public budget.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #36
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockboss View Post
Nice thread... people bitching that cops suck but no one likes em until they need one to save their ass. Guess what, the reason for the long wait is less money in taxes means less cops, less cops and more a-holes and since they were long gone it is not a priority. Everyone thinks cops are just waiting around to respond to every call within 5 mins. Yes there are lazy cops just like there are lazy people every where. Most are hardworking guys and gals trying to make things safer for you and yours. Lets show a little respect for people that put their lives on the line every day and would gladly save your butt no matter how much of an idiot you are.
The cities like to say that while they continue to piss money away stupidly. I personally watched 2 city employees spend over an hour mowing a city lot yesterday, that was just mowed the day before. They just fired our Police and Fire Chiefs because they claimed they could not afford the wages.

The city owns the lot, and usually shows up once a month to mow it (despite throwing out fines to everyone else for not mowing their lawns.) Funny thing is the city also knows that I mow that lot every week, and have for 7 years now. It was worked out with them 7 years ago so I could park in the driveway on it. In the past they would just weed whip the hill in the back because that is all it needed as I didn't do that because it is too steep for my tractor.

I asked the guys why they were mowing a lot that was obviously mowed yesterday, and they said "it was already on the schedule."
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #37
Trail Junkie
iamfawkinwithyou
 
Trail Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: Zeeland, west of Grand Rapids
Posts: 31,888
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

How do we know the cops didnt get a plate ## from another caller and pull him over doen the street.....
Trail Junkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 11:51 AM   #38
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,049
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Junkie View Post
How do we know the cops didnt get a plate ## from another caller and pull him over doen the street.....
No. Stop. Thats impossible
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:02 PM   #39
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,288
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

The only thing I can say about getting involved in something like that is that doing the right thing could easily back fire.

Say you go confront the guy.

"Hey dude, lay off the wife beating"

"Fuck you asshole, mind your own business"

He throws a punch.

Fight ensues.

Woman that was getting her ass whipped starts screaming, "Stop assaulting my man!"

Police show up.

Police take you to jail because the woman is now back in love with her BF/Hubby even though he beats her ass every day like clockwork.

I however don't think it's 911's fault, or even the police's fault, that every police car in the county didn't come screaming lights and sirens to his call...
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2012, 12:08 PM   #40
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,288
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail Junkie View Post
How do we know the cops didnt get a plate ## from another caller and pull him over doen the street.....
x2

How does the OP know that his call, and description of the people, car, etc..., didn't do the same thing?

Just because he didn't see the police come screeching up like in the movies with a .0001 sec response time doesn't mean something didn't happen.

I actually called 911 the other day because on my drive home from work I pull up next to a pair of dirt ass, white btw, losers that had an infant in the front seat of the car just sitting on the passenger's lap. I'm not going to say that 911 is worthless because a police car didn't magically appear to pull them over. I just gave them the description, license plate, and assumed they did whatever they felt was necessary.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33388 seconds with 81 queries