coilover spring swap thread... - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #1
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default coilover spring swap thread...

i dont know if this is the right place to put this.
i have some 3.0 id coilover springs,14" and 16" they are blue coil.want to swap someone for some 250# 16". i have 150# 16" i need to trade off.

these are all for 2.5 coilovers if you could not figure that out with the id size.

let me know what you have and lets have a thread for just traiding coilover springs.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #2
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,357
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Or you could contact Alumcj and get any PAC spring you need.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Or you could contact Alumcj and get any PAC spring you need.
i agree but i would like to not spend a bunch of money if i can just swap them out.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Mr. Beefy
BFT!
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 12,450
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Default

If you give me a couple weeks I have what you need but I don't have the time to swap things just yet
Mr. Beefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:53 AM   #5
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,357
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
i agree but i would like to not spend a bunch of money if i can just swap them out.
I hear you. I was not being a smartass but rather offering additional options. Mike is good to deal with and PAC springs are made here in Michigan. Plus, you can get them powder coated any color you want.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 10:56 AM   #6
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,851
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I hear you. I was not being a smartass but rather offering additional options. Mike is good to deal with and PAC springs are made here in Michigan. Plus, you can get them powder coated any color you want.
PAC also offers spring trade in and swapping, all they charge basically is the cost to get the springs repowder coated as long as they come back in good shape.
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #7
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Good luck getting PAC to call you back...I know two people that have tried to get springs from them and guess what? That super salesman nevers calls them back
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 03:59 PM   #8
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

i talked to mike before about springs and he offered to help me get setup.pac didnt have the rates i needed at that time. if they do a swap deal i definetly would be interested.or i will just man hug beefy for his awesomeness...
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:07 PM   #9
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,851
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
i talked to mike before about springs and he offered to help me get setup.pac didnt have the rates i needed at that time. if they do a swap deal i definetly would be interested.or i will just man hug beefy for his awesomeness...
give kyle there a call he has a pretty extensive spring calculator, be close to your buggy when you do it as he is going to ask you 20 questions on weight and lengths and such
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2012, 05:11 PM   #10
boggin-machine
Senior Member
 
boggin-machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: bay city
Posts: 11,653
iTrader: (31)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

erin i think i have what you need. i may even need your 150s. are the springs new?
boggin-machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 12:14 PM   #11
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggin-machine View Post
erin i think i have what you need. i may even need your 150s. are the springs new?
no they are blue coil on my fronts, i might have to change the back also.those are new eibach. greg has some and i have a couple of offers so i will do some swapping and also give pac a call.thanks guys.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:25 PM   #12
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,357
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
no they are blue coil on my fronts, i might have to change the back also.those are new eibach. greg has some and i have a couple of offers so i will do some swapping and also give pac a call.thanks guys.
Don't call PAC. Contact Alumcj. He gets credit for the PAC springs that go through Motor City Machines.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #13
alumcj
Senior Member
 
alumcj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Fenton MI
Posts: 412
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Give me a call tonight - I can help you out.

Mike
alumcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #14
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
Good luck getting PAC to call you back...I know two people that have tried to get springs from them and guess what? That super salesman nevers calls them back
I called them about making me a spring for my bike, they replied to my email and called me back.

I let them know in my email and voicemail i was recommended to them by mike, bill, and nick.

Maybe they just think you are a douche for all of the posts you make trying to slam them?
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:55 AM   #15
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,266
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

i just saw your pm mike i will call u tonight.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:18 AM   #16
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
I called them about making me a spring for my bike, they replied to my email and called me back.

I let them know in my email and voicemail i was recommended to them by mike, bill, and nick.

Maybe they just think you are a douche for all of the posts you make trying to slam them?
nick is one of the people they wont call back!!!! nice try chad!!
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2012, 01:46 PM   #17
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,985
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
nick is one of the people they wont call back!!!! nice try chad!!
I didn't say they called nick back, I said they called me back.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > General Tech

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.27875 seconds with 72 queries