The Language of Liberalism - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:09 PM   #1
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default The Language of Liberalism

It seems to be ok until the American people get a taste of it then realize it's not for us.
Clinton was the only democratic president to run for two terms sinced the 40's.

http://mrctv.org/videos/language-lib...-1-progressive
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 11th, 2012, 01:10 PM   #2
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

This is part two of the language of liberalism

http://mrctv.org/videos/language-lib...part-2-workers
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 11th, 2012, 09:12 PM   #3
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,607
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Default

Well, after hearing the "Language of Conservatism", I am HAPPY AS fukc that Santorum is out of the race.
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:57 AM   #4
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Typical right wing commentator trying to twist words around rather than actually saying something meaningful.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 08:12 AM   #5
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,288
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Typical any person involved in politics trying to twist words around rather than actually saying something meaningful.
Fixed.
mschaffer66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:11 AM   #6
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Typical right wing commentator trying to twist words around rather than actually saying something meaningful.
What the commentator said has truth behind it. The wording being used by the political left is twisting the words all the time.
Try slowing the clip down and I'm sure you hear then
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #7
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
What the commentator said has truth behind it. The wording being used by the political left is twisting the words all the time.
Try slowing the clip down and I'm sure you hear then
He's already painfully slow at attempting to make his point. But that's pretty common with these right wing videos. Apparently when talking to people on the right you need to make your points very slowly.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:26 AM   #8
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,938
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Typical right wing commentator trying to twist words around rather than actually saying something meaningful.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:49 AM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

I believe twisting the words to make them sound like your getting something would be Obama's Buffet Rule.
By Buffet saying his secretary pays more in taxes is a lie. Or his secretary makes more than him.
From the way I understand it is inverstment taxes is now 15% and Obama wants to raise those taxes to 30%.
Will that be enough to make a dent in our debt? Not.
We owe trillions and with tax increases on the wealthy would only bring in 40 some billion.

http://www.therightscoop.com/must-wa...medium=twitter

Last edited by aber61; April 12th, 2012 at 09:52 AM.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #10
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
He's already painfully slow at attempting to make his point. But that's pretty common with these right wing videos. Apparently when talking to people on the right you need to make your points very slowly.
Actually the talking points from the left needs to speak very fast in order to get the deception past without being noticed.
Speaking slowly would only ensure there is nothing to hide in between the lines.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 09:55 AM   #11
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Another on twisting the words. Since when is Obama anything like Reagan?

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brent-b...ing-reagan-his
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:03 AM   #12
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,938
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

You have entirely too much time on your hands.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 10:10 AM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,586
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I believe twisting the words to make them sound like your getting something would be Obama's Buffet Rule.
By Buffet saying his secretary pays more in taxes is a lie. Or his secretary makes more than him.
From the way I understand it is inverstment taxes is now 15% and Obama wants to raise those taxes to 30%.
Will that be enough to make a dent in our debt? Not.
We owe trillions and with tax increases on the wealthy would only bring in 40 some billion.

http://www.therightscoop.com/must-wa...medium=twitter
No, what he said was that his secretary was paying a high tax rate, which is entirely possible because most of his income comes from investments, which is taxed at a lower rate while his secretary has to actually work for her money, which is taxed at a higher rate.

No single stroke of a pen will eliminate the trillions of dollars of debt. So by your logic we should do nothing? Every “little bit that won’t matter” has turned into a big stinking mess.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #14
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
No, what he said was that his secretary was paying a high tax rate, which is entirely possible because most of his income comes from investments, which is taxed at a lower rate while his secretary has to actually work for her money, which is taxed at a higher rate.

No single stroke of a pen will eliminate the trillions of dollars of debt. So by your logic we should do nothing? Every “little bit that won’t matter” has turned into a big stinking mess.
You are correct in saying that his secretary pays her taxes(income) which is higher than investment taxes. 15% for investment and 30% for income.
Taxes peoples investment income will not lower the debt, but to reduce government spending will.
You do have to admit that our elected officials spending is out of control.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2012, 12:12 PM   #15
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,273
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Click image for larger version

Name:	562256_10150661678155911_134193140910_9908863_665945044_n[1].jpg
Views:	23
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	91415
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.25992 seconds with 67 queries