Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:33 AM   #121
sumpter1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-22-11
Location: Maybee, MI
Posts: 164
iTrader: (0)
You should care! This incident....not the shooting but the fire storm aftermath...shows how racist and divided this country is. I think it shows how quick some very powerful people jump on an incident with few facts to fuel their own agenda's.
sumpter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 08:52 AM   #122
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,399
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumpter1 View Post
You should care! This incident....not the shooting but the fire storm aftermath...shows how racist and divided this country is. I think it shows how quick some very powerful people jump on an incident with few facts to fuel their own agenda's.
so what? this is new to you?
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #123
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,920
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
This much we can gather from the recorded phone call;
Neighborhood watchman sees a suspicious character.
Neighborhood watchman calls cops and tells them he is following suspicious character.
Cops tell neighborhood watchman to NOT follow suspicious character.
Neighborhood watchman follows suspicious character against police orders.

This much we suspect;
Neighborhood watchman approaches suspicious character against police orders.
Argument ensues and escalates.
Fight starts.

This much we know;
Neighborhood watchman kills suspicious character.

My opinion? Neighborhood watchman is fucked. His job as a watchman was to keep an eye out and call the police if something aroused his suspicion. NOT to take matters into his own hands. I recognize and support that he has no duty to retreat. However, he had no authority to approach someone on the street for any reason. If it were on his property, yes. But if the kid was truly on the street or sidewalk, what the kid was doing was none of the watchman's business. For that matter, even if the kid chose to walk behind someone else's house, the watchman had no duty to follow him. He had already done his job as a neighborhood watchman by notifying the police.
I agree with Jim 100%. He should have back off and kept his a&& in his car and should had not been carrying a gun. He needs to be charged with something and sitting in jail.
CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #124
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,955
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
I agree with Jim 100%. He should have back off and kept his a&& in his car and should had not been carrying a gun. He needs to be charged with something and sitting in jail.
I disagree. I fully support carrying personal protection. However, just because a person carries, it should not give them courage where otherwise they would have avoided a situation.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #125
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,920
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I disagree. I fully support carrying personal protection. However, just because a person carries, it should not give them courage where otherwise they would have avoided a situation.
Yes, I get how you feel about that. but the problem is not everyone is smart enough to know when and when NOT to use a gun.
CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 09:48 AM   #126
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,323
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
I agree with Jim 100%. He should have back off and kept his a&& in his car and should had not been carrying a gun. He needs to be charged with something and sitting in jail.
Here's the issue:

What can he be charged with? What did he do that was illegal? And most importantly, what evidence is there that can prove this in court that will refute the still-breathing-guy's account of what happened that night?

What he should have done (to avoid his current situation), and what he did do that was illegal are two different things.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #127
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,920
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
Here's the issue:

What can he be charged with? What did he do that was illegal? And most importantly, what evidence is there that can prove this in court that will refute the still-breathing-guy's account of what happened that night?

What he should have done (to avoid his current situation), and what he did do that was illegal are two different things.
So do you think that he should just get a slap on the hand and say don't do it again now go to your room. I don't know the laws of which he could be charged with but it sounds like it could have been avoided if he had listen to the 911 operator and just back off. Has to be some kind of negligence on the shooter part.
CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #128
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,399
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
Yes, I get how you feel about that. but the problem is not everyone is smart enough to know when and when NOT to use a gun.
agreed, but you are not the person to make that call

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
So do you think that he should just get a slap on the hand and say don't do it again now go to your room. I don't know the laws of which he could be charged with but it sounds like it could have been avoided if he had listen to the 911 operator and just back off. Has to be some kind of negligence on the shooter part.
a 911 operator is just that, an operator...they can not issue a lawful order, police on the other hand may
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #129
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
The Feds are involved now so they will try to charge z with violating m's civil rights, by saying this all happened because m is black. This will be hard to get a conviction but it is the only way they can arrest z now. IMO
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:43 AM   #130
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
So do you think that he should just get a slap on the hand and say don't do it again now go to your room. I don't know the laws of which he could be charged with but it sounds like it could have been avoided if he had listen to the 911 operator and just back off. Has to be some kind of negligence on the shooter part.
OJ. That's really all that needs to be said about the outcome of something that can't, based on a jury ruling, be proved beyond a reasonable doubt.

I agree that what he did was probably not the best thing to do, maybe even wrong, but unless he hit Tray first or shot Tray without being in danger I don't think he actually did anything illegal.

The problem is what you are suggesting blurs the line between what you should and shouldn't do and what is legal or illegal.

Everyone has an opinion on what should happen based on what happened, but there are only 2 people that know what really happened and one of them is dead.

What I'd like to know is how in the hell are they going to find a jury that has no opinion or knowledge about this case at this point?
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #131
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
a 911 operator is just that, an operator...they can not issue a lawful order, police on the other hand may
You probably know this better than anyone. What sort of extra knowledge ,beyond some sort of orientation class, does a 911 operator have over the guy that answers the phone when you call a business for customer service?
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:48 AM   #132
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,399
iTrader: (40)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
You probably know this better than anyone. What sort of extra knowledge ,beyond some sort of orientation class, does a 911 operator have over the guy that answers the phone when you call a business for customer service?
they go through alot of training and its a very demanding/stressful job which requires them to wear many hats. While they tell people what to do, you as a person are not legally bound by their orders as they carry no weight of the law
High Center Hancho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #133
dietcoke313
"I was swimming"
 
dietcoke313's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-08-08
Location: allen park mi.
Posts: 304
iTrader: (5)
I did hear the police have a tape of an interview with a eyewitness who seen the whole fight. I don't know if this is true or not. If it is true z will not see the inside of a jail for killing m. The police would have used it against him by now.
dietcoke313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:13 AM   #134
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
You probably know this better than anyone. What sort of extra knowledge ,beyond some sort of orientation class, does a 911 operator have over the guy that answers the phone when you call a business for customer service?
Some account I've read claim that it wasn't even a 911 operator, just a non-emergency police dispatcher.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:20 AM   #135
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,920
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
agreed, but you are not the person to make that call



a 911 operator is just that, an operator...they can not issue a lawful order, police on the other hand may
You are right, I am not that person that could make the decision on who can or can NOT. but only wish there was someone that could. I am not against people who carry just wish there was a way to keep idiot people from owning guns/carrying.
CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #136
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,955
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEVYRCKS View Post
You are right, I am not that person that could make the decision on who can or can NOT. but only wish there was someone that could. I am not against people who carry just wish there was a way to keep idiot people from owning guns/carrying.
See, I'm just the opposite. I believe that it's within the foundation of our country that everyone should have that right unless you can list a specific reason why they should not. Pretty much along the lines of innocent until proven guilty.
__________________
GLFWDA member since 1979.
Member Southern Michigan Rock Crawlers.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 11:58 AM   #137
CHEVYRCKS
Ghetto Krawler
 
CHEVYRCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-01-08
Location: Lansing,Mi
Posts: 3,920
iTrader: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
See, I'm just the opposite. I believe that it's within the foundation of our country that everyone should have that right unless you can list a specific reason why they should not. Pretty much along the lines of innocent until proven guilty.
It sounds good, But in what country are you innocent until proven guilty? not this one. once you have charges against you. you are guilty until you can prove your innocents. once you have been charge with a crime you lose some of your rights until you prove otherwise.
CHEVYRCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 01:52 PM   #138
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,794
iTrader: (28)
Here is a question I have.

If the shooting took place on the sidewalk and (t) was on his back when shot, wouldn't there be a mark on the sidewalk from the bullet exiting, or if he was laying on his back and the bullet went into the grass they should be able to find it with a metal detector? Now If (z) was on his back and shot upwards the bullet would be next to impossible to find since it went up and out.

Just something to think about.
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:21 PM   #139
FlatFender
Tap Tap Splat
 
FlatFender's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Raleigh NC
Posts: 15,678
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mideerslayer View Post
Here is a question I have.

If the shooting took place on the sidewalk and (t) was on his back when shot, wouldn't there be a mark on the sidewalk from the bullet exiting, or if he was laying on his back and the bullet went into the grass they should be able to find it with a metal detector? Now If (z) was on his back and shot upwards the bullet would be next to impossible to find since it went up and out.

Just something to think about.
How do you know the bullet left the body?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk
FlatFender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2012, 03:28 PM   #140
silveradoboy
Sam Brown
 
silveradoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-28-12
Location: Waterford/Cheyboygan
Posts: 1,884
iTrader: (3)
http://sadhillnews.com/2012/03/25/th...nt-let-you-see

Just something I found. Not 100% on all the info but something to consider. I def know that the picture that the media keeps showing is not that of a 17 year old. And the twitter account.......well that is just badddddd
silveradoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
who???

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23779 seconds with 52 queries