Me + motorcycle + deer = OUCH! - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #21
CHVYPWR
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
 
CHVYPWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Vicksburg, Mi.
Posts: 1,634
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
ATGATT....as much as it blows this is a good reminder why.

Silver sulfidine is what you need for your palm, but iirc it's prescription only.

Your hand is why I do not understand the current market trend on reinforcing the knuckles in gloves...the palm is what you end up sliding on
I had my gloves in my bag. It was a little chilly and I thought about stopping to put them but said fawk it... oops. I'm glad I did have my leather on, it took a good scrape that otherwise would have been on my left shoulder without it. My leather also lost a zipper on the sleave from grinding on the road.
Before I left for work the night before, I looked at my mesh cross train shoes but then decided on the boots even though it was warm out. I'm glad I did!!! I can't imagine what would have happened to my foot with the flimsy mesh shoes on!
CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:00 PM   #22
14muddn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-10-08
Location: Wixom/MI
Posts: 1,780
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Damn, glad those are just flesh wounds... BTW thanks for reminding me why I always gear up, I have been very tempted to wear a half helmet and no jacket with the recent weather.
14muddn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2012, 10:01 PM   #23
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Glad it wasn't worse.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #24
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
ouch. very lucky to walk away from a deer impact on a bike, let alone ride it home afterwards.
x2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYPWR View Post
I had my gloves in my bag. It was a little chilly and I thought about stopping to put them but said fawk it... oops. I'm glad I did have my leather on, it took a good scrape that otherwise would have been on my left shoulder without it. My leather also lost a zipper on the sleave from grinding on the road.
Before I left for work the night before, I looked at my mesh cross train shoes but then decided on the boots even though it was warm out. I'm glad I did!!! I can't imagine what would have happened to my foot with the flimsy mesh shoes on!
I
hit a deer
last September (? can't remember) doing about 60. You were fortunate to get banged up as little as you did. The only reason I have my right big toe is because I was Wearing my steel toe boots because I was going to work. If I ever get back to riding (which this awesome weather is not helping the itch) I will be wearing my full gear. Full face helmet FTW.

I'm glad you're ok and you got up with out too many bumps. Didn't break any ribs or anything did ya? Good luck sleeping for the next week or so.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #25
CHVYPWR
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.
 
CHVYPWR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Vicksburg, Mi.
Posts: 1,634
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
x2



I hit a deer last September (? can't remember) doing about 60. You were fortunate to get banged up as little as you did. The only reason I have my right big toe is because I was Wearing my steel toe boots because I was going to work. If I ever get back to riding (which this awesome weather is not helping the itch) I will be wearing my full gear. Full face helmet FTW.

I'm glad you're ok and you got up with out too many bumps. Didn't break any ribs or anything did ya? Good luck sleeping for the next week or so.
I remember reading that thinking how bad that would suck. Well, yeah, it sucks! Nothing broke on me but my pride! Toe is still tender, and the road rash on my hand is really irritating.
CHVYPWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:36 PM   #26
xj4life
Senior Member
 
xj4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: LaPorte, IN
Posts: 7,722
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

wow, pretty scary story. glad you made it out in one piece!
__________________
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM   #27
crazygrady127
Senior Member
 
crazygrady127's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Location: Madison Heights
Posts: 1,013
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That sucks !! I remember hearing a statistic that 90% of all accidents happen less than 3 miles from home !! The first time I layed my bike down was less than a mile from home , an my best friend got into a nasty crash with his bike only 2 blocks from home !! Glad your ok , deer and motorcycles usually ends up a lot worse !!
__________________
Tear It Up - Fix It - And Do It Again
crazygrady127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 10:51 PM   #28
xj4life
Senior Member
 
xj4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: LaPorte, IN
Posts: 7,722
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

that's what they preached to us at ABATE training. that most accidents normally happen close to home. i'd think its because people feel safe and put their guard down. SEE - Search, Evaluate, Execute.
__________________
This is my Jeep. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My Jeep is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My Jeep, without me, is useless. Without my Jeep, I am useless.
xj4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:12 PM   #29
Ajhawk
Senior Member
 
Ajhawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-11
Location: Ionia Michigan
Posts: 346
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

damn, nice to see you still standing, doesnt matter if people think "helmets are for pussys" they save your damn life.
Ajhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2012, 11:32 PM   #30
crazygrady127
Senior Member
 
crazygrady127's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Location: Madison Heights
Posts: 1,013
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajhawk View Post
damn, nice to see you still standing, doesnt matter if people think "helmets are for pussys" they save your damn life.
X's 2
__________________
Tear It Up - Fix It - And Do It Again
crazygrady127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #31
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,974
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHVYPWR View Post
I remember reading that thinking how bad that would suck. Well, yeah, it sucks! Nothing broke on me but my pride! Toe is still tender, and the road rash on my hand is really irritating.
Yeah, I remember just being glad I walked away. Good luck on healing. Pain killers worked for me.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2012, 09:09 PM   #32
BadMoonRacing500
Freedom isn't Free
 
BadMoonRacing500's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-11-10
Location: Harbor Springs MI
Posts: 781
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
This is one of the reasons i am sorta on the fence about getting a bike. Dumbass drivers, and animals.
X2 those are the 2 reasons I sold my R1. Good to see your still all in one piece.
__________________
If brains were gasoline, you wouldn't run a piss-ants go-cart, two laps around a Cheerio.
BadMoonRacing500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23648 seconds with 58 queries