Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,444
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
Default Cabrera at 3rd base...

Ouch!



No, this is not my video.
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:18 PM   #2
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

he didn't even have his glove anywhere close.....
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3
mideerslayer
NEVER GIVE UP!
 
mideerslayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-27-06
Location: Clinton Township
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

That's going to leave a mark
mideerslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 01:53 PM   #4
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Who turns sideways to make a play. Even if he did make a clean snag he would have had a he'll of a hard time to turn and make a throw. Sucks he got hit, it probably broke the orbital bone. He belongs at first base.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:02 PM   #5
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,412
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstand View Post
he didn't even have his glove anywhere close.....
that ball did take a wicked hop though...
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:42 PM   #6
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,172
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
Who turns sideways to make a play. Even if he did make a clean snag he would have had a he'll of a hard time to turn and make a throw. Sucks he got hit, it probably broke the orbital bone. He belongs at first base.
It's ok to be sideways, he's just facing the wrong way. IMO

When fielding you want to have a foot forward. You should be creating a traingle with your 2 feet and the place that you actually field the ball (out in front of you). In my opinion, i coach my players to have the glove foot forward, especially righties so you're in a good position to make a throw to first, not coming across your body.


How hard would it have been to put the camera on the coffee table. Honestly. Unless hes got a live feed to his 15ft fishing boat in a tsunami.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 02:51 PM   #7
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,757
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
that ball did take a wicked hop though...
it did, but he could have at least been close....of course it's a pretty good example as to why I think the tigers made a mistake picking up fielder, keeping inge, and moving cabby to third.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 04:33 PM   #8
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,405
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

I think he miss understands the phrase keep your eye on the ball.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 05:04 PM   #9
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
It's ok to be sideways, he's just facing the wrong way. IMO

When fielding you want to have a foot forward. You should be creating a traingle with your 2 feet and the place that you actually field the ball (out in front of you). In my opinion, i coach my players to have the glove foot forward, especially righties so you're in a good position to make a throw to first, not coming across your body.


How hard would it have been to put the camera on the coffee table. Honestly. Unless hes got a live feed to his 15ft fishing boat in a tsunami.
That is what I was getting at by being turned the wrong way. It looks as if he was playing it as if he was at first base.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:41 PM   #10
Elvis13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 05-15-11
Location: Addison Township, MI
Posts: 1,172
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
That is what I was getting at by being turned the wrong way. It looks as if he was playing it as if he was at first base.
ok, I was mildly distracted wishing i was a kitten.
Elvis13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2012, 09:55 PM   #11
booblinker
Trailer Trash
 
booblinker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Leonard, mi
Posts: 9,741
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to booblinker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis13 View Post
ok, I was mildly distracted wishing i was a kitten.
__________________
-2001 Tahoe original 5.3 4x4 only 435k
-Down to 2 three wheelers
-1985 V65 Magna
-1983 Nighthawk 650
-1978 F100
-1973 CT70(soon to have a 125 motor)
booblinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.14438 seconds with 35 queries