Porn Hurts Marriage. (Now NSFW) - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 13th, 2012, 11:50 PM   #81
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
You're right, of course it doesn't explicitly say "Thou shalt not view porn" because photography, movies and video weren't invented yet. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think the passages that Aber and L4CX don't apply.
and you are fooling yourself if you think those passages do apply...
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:00 AM   #82
fastevo
Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-07
Location: Zeeland/Michigan
Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
You're right, of course it doesn't explicitly say "Thou shalt not view porn" because photography, movies and video weren't invented yet. But you're fooling yourself if you don't think the passages that Aber and L4CX don't apply.
Are we talking about the same Bible that allows for prostitution, as long as it isn't Jewish girls? Then talks about not pointlessly "spilling your seed" etc.? You guys really need to read the entire book and stop picking and choosing what applies when, and to whom...... Most Bible folks don't even know what the definition of adultery would be, when used in the context of the "Ten Commandments". The entire Bible is so full of contradiction, that it really is hard to imagine how a religion could have been built around it, other than the followers don't read and would rather listen to some one else tell them what it says, as he/she leads them around from verse to unrelated verse to prove their point. Got news for you guys talking about the beauty of love, emotion etc. as it pertains to sex and women...... women, for biblical purposes, are property, considered as Chattel. Only in the last 100 or so years has the world started viewing them as any thing but Chattel, even in "Christian based" nations. Regards, Steve
fastevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 12:46 AM   #83
fullthrottle
2013 King of da Moustache
 
fullthrottle's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: flint
Posts: 2,002
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to fullthrottle
Default

.....I watched this 1hr and 7 min long video.

I see the bible as stories pieced together and based fully on manipulated story lines. I wasn't gonna go there in this thread thou. It's just written and rewritten to fit ones(church of any denomination) beliefs.


P.s. Jesus was a man who claimed to be God....and they believe this. Mars Hill Ministry FTL!!

Last edited by fullthrottle; March 14th, 2012 at 01:46 AM.
fullthrottle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 01:09 AM   #84
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,933
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
fixered.
:b lah:
Wrong. There are many examples of you clowns repeatedly trying to cram your opinions down everyone else's throats. It's what you guys always do, over and over and over again. Just because you have your beliefs and I have mine, does not mean you are right all the time. Just because I usually disagree with the crap you guys post does not mean I missed your point. You guys think that because you read it in some book that you believe is the truth or you heard it in some sermon, from some other clown who read it in some book, that it is the only truth and that you are better than the rest of us. That is not the case.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"

Last edited by Ridin Dirty; March 14th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:46 AM   #85
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastevo View Post
Are we talking about the same Bible that allows for prostitution, as long as it isn't Jewish girls? Then talks about not pointlessly "spilling your seed" etc.? You guys really need to read the entire book and stop picking and choosing what applies when, and to whom...... Most Bible folks don't even know what the definition of adultery would be, when used in the context of the "Ten Commandments". The entire Bible is so full of contradiction, that it really is hard to imagine how a religion could have been built around it, other than the followers don't read and would rather listen to some one else tell them what it says, as he/she leads them around from verse to unrelated verse to prove their point. Got news for you guys talking about the beauty of love, emotion etc. as it pertains to sex and women...... women, for biblical purposes, are property, considered as Chattel. Only in the last 100 or so years has the world started viewing them as any thing but Chattel, even in "Christian based" nations. Regards, Steve
So if Women are considered property in those times and the bible pushes for this why does the guy that started Christianity save a Prostitute as one of his first act in his ministry?

The only people that use the bible out of context are people that say it's a contradiction. If you understand the connections from OT to NT it's a marvelous picture of God's redeeming of the human race. My pastor has a Doctorate in Biblical Studies. He encourages us to study for our selves because he KNOWS that it can bring joy and understanding to the bible. He also preaches through books. Starts at Chpt 1 goes all the way through. It's really hard to get out of context when doing this. Further more, he also brings MORE context to each passage by giving the culture and other information. I think you'll find that alot of pastors are like this, if you were to just step into a church.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
Wrong. There are many examples of you clowns repeatedly trying to cram your opinions down everyone else's throats. It's what you guys always do, over and over and over again. Just because you have your beliefs and I have mine, does not mean you are right all the time. Just because I usually disagree with the crap you guys post does not mean I missed your point. You guys think that because you read it in some book that you believe is the truth or you heard it in some sermon, from some other clown who read it in some book, that it is the only truth and that you are better than the rest of us. That is not the case.
You are free to have your own beliefs but I'm not goign to sugar coat mine by saying "this is what I believe...". If I type it, it's my belief and to me it's truth. I'm goign to be confident in how I say it and if that makes you think I'm cramming it down your throat then that's your problem.

People on this forum cram thier own opinion down other people's throat all the time. They don't get nearly called out as much as we do. It's because of context of which we are speaking. It makes people uncomfortable. I have not once tried to force my opinion on anybody. If anything I just tried to get someone to understand my side of things.

Anywho, I'm goign to be late for work if I don't leave. Have a nice day everybody.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:31 AM   #86
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 12,851
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
You are free to have your own beliefs but I'm not goign to sugar coat mine by saying "this is what I believe...". If I type it, it's my belief and to me it's truth.
George Costanza ~ "It's not a lie if you belive it."
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:36 AM   #87
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,807
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Case settled my wife just jerked me off watching porn and when I let my wad fly it landed on the open page of the bible. It actually landed on Romans 10.17 guess I won't be reading that anytime soon.
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:40 AM   #88
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,415
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
Case settled my wife just jerked me off watching porn and when I let my wad fly it landed on the open page of the bible. It actually landed on Romans 10.17 guess I won't be reading that anytime soon.
I was just in a nearly identical situation but I shot the cat instead of the Bible.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:47 AM   #89
cj65
Senior Member
 
cj65's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: 48174
Posts: 3,807
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I was just in a nearly identical situation but I shot the cat instead of the Bible.
So now we have two proven cases where porn helps a marriage. Maybe if the church allowed more porn alter boy wouldn't have sore asses
cj65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:50 AM   #90
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
Wrong. There are many examples of you clowns repeatedly trying to cram your opinions down everyone else's throats. It's what you guys always do, over and over and over again. Just because you have your beliefs and I have mine, does not mean you are right all the time. Just because I usually disagree with the crap you guys post does not mean I missed your point. You guys think that because you read it in some book that you believe is the truth or you heard it in some sermon, from some other clown who read it in some book, that it is the only truth and that you are better than the rest of us. That is not the case.
Our opinons that you say we cram down your throat, we are making a point of what we believe and are commanded to do is tell everybody about Jesus. Really it is not our opinion it is God's word. We are so perisitant because we know the outcome of not accepting Christ. Having accepted Him myself I can tell you that when we hear from God you know what your mission is and need to do it.
There is a passage that talks about the deciples going out and preaching the Good news and Jesus tells them that if they are rejected you are to shake the dust off your feet and move on to the next town.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 08:54 AM   #91
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,205
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Dirty is spot on.

Religion is an opinion, a belief, a faith. It is not a fact.
mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #92
jerm97xj
I fixed it!!!
 
jerm97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-11
Location: Birch Run MI
Posts: 739
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschaffer66 View Post
Dirty is spot on.

Religion is an opinion, a belief, a faith. It is not a fact.
Agreed.
jerm97xj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 09:32 AM   #93
bigbchevy
missmrgreenagain
 
bigbchevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-07
Location: fenton /hartland mi
Posts: 18,696
iTrader: (166)
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Our opinons that you say we cram down your throat, we are making a point of what we believe and are commanded to do is tell everybody about Jesus. Really it is not our opinion it is God's word. We are so perisitant because we know the outcome of not accepting Christ. Having accepted Him myself I can tell you that when we hear from God you know what your mission is and need to do it.
There is a passage that talks about the deciples going out and preaching the Good news and Jesus tells them that if they are rejected you are to shake the dust off your feet and move on to the next town.
How do you know the outcome of not accepting the guy you call god? Proof ?
__________________
H.o.r.e
(mr.green)So you are calling CC a liar?? Not a nice way to treat your bitch.
tube bending and gear installs pm me for info! gears installed for $150 and up per axle.
bigbchevy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #94
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Porn is like anything else that brings pleasure to the brain; it's ok when used in moderation.
Like heroin?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:16 PM   #95
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,083
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
How do you know the outcome of not accepting the guy you call god? Proof ?
I cannot give you proof that you would understand but it does say in the bible what happens by not accepting Him.
Once a person decides to take this whole Christain thing and Christ as truth and seeks after Him with all your heart then and only then will God know your true intentions. He will reveal the true things of His Kindom to you. I know it because He says so and I beleive it.
It is hard to expalin to somebody who is maybe curious but not sure as you are. It is something you need to experience for yourself. You need to study who Christ was and what He can do for you. Once you decide to do that then you will see were Christians are coming from.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 03:22 PM   #96
HVYRTFT
Reed my teef
 
HVYRTFT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-17-07
Location: Whitehall,MI
Posts: 2,436
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

fags
HVYRTFT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 04:22 PM   #97
fastevo
Member
 
Join Date: 10-09-07
Location: Zeeland/Michigan
Posts: 52
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So if Women are considered property in those times and the bible pushes for this why does the guy that started Christianity save a Prostitute as one of his first act in his ministry?

The only people that use the bible out of context are people that say it's a contradiction. If you understand the connections from OT to NT it's a marvelous picture of God's redeeming of the human race. My pastor has a Doctorate in Biblical Studies. He encourages us to study for our selves because he KNOWS that it can bring joy and understanding to the bible. He also preaches through books. Starts at Chpt 1 goes all the way through. It's really hard to get out of context when doing this. Further more, he also brings MORE context to each passage by giving the culture and other information. I think you'll find that alot of pastors are like this, if you were to just step into a church.


Ummm, most don't even view the verse, of which you speak, as being in any of the original texts, it is believed to have been added later, as is it's following verse, "go away and sin no more"..... But I digress, you so cleverly didn't answer the question, what a surprise!!lol Prostitution is allowed in the Bible, would it be fair to say it would be the be the equal of modern day porn? But the same Bible doesn't allow the "spilling of the seed", this is usually believed to be about masturbation, but apparently only putting limitations on men masturbating, because women do not "spill a seed" upon orgasm...... One would think, the creator of all things, would know these things, but your God wasn't even sure if men should mate with other animals, before creating women or that the sun wouldn't be necessary to keep everything, he had previously created, from freezing, etc. etc. etc.

One either believes the Bible is the infallible word of God or one does not, I do not, and can prove that it is NOT infallible and can point out MANY contradictions..... You, CAN NOT explain the contradictions, but will trip over yourself and run to your pastor for explanations.... No need, and please spare me the "if you stepped into a church, once in a while" bullshit, I have spent a good many years inside those doors and the reality is, the joke is on you! Organized religion is a form of control, meant to keep the "peasants" in line. I have found that making a decision based out of fear is generally, a piss poor way to make a decision. Guess what your religion ultimately relies on to convert? Good god, it is 2012, you have all kinds of free information at your finger tips and still you wait on a 2000 year old legend, Jesus even said that he would return in the life time of some witnesses alive in his time????? He did say that right? Oh well. regards, Steve
fastevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:14 PM   #98
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
George Costanza ~ "It's not a lie if you belive it."
The same could be said about another opinion You or I hold. You think it's clever to talk about my faith like it's unique in that. But it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
So now we have two proven cases where porn helps a marriage. Maybe if the church allowed more porn alter boy wouldn't have sore asses
-Porn + being able to be married. I totally agree.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbchevy View Post
How do you know the outcome of not accepting the guy you call god? Proof ?
I don't. And I don't do it out of fear like the guy below me thinks most of us do. I believe what I believe because of the love I have felt from God and his People. What I do on here is try to explain it from an experienced, studied, mind set of Christianity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastevo View Post
Ummm, most don't even view the verse, of which you speak, as being in any of the original texts, it is believed to have been added later, as is it's following verse, "go away and sin no more"..... But I digress, you so cleverly didn't answer the question, what a surprise!!lol Prostitution is allowed in the Bible, would it be fair to say it would be the be the equal of modern day porn? But the same Bible doesn't allow the "spilling of the seed", this is usually believed to be about masturbation, but apparently only putting limitations on men masturbating, because women do not "spill a seed" upon orgasm...... One would think, the creator of all things, would know these things, but your God wasn't even sure if men should mate with other animals, before creating women or that the sun wouldn't be necessary to keep everything, he had previously created, from freezing, etc. etc. etc.
Post the question by it's self and we'll talk. You ranted for a while and I didn't miss your question on purpose. I'm here to talk and woudl be thrilled to answer your questions. Especially those that deal with the Contradictions. Which I may not be able to answer them all but I'll at least try. Not stumbling, because if you've been a part of any of these threads you'd understand that I put alot of thought into how I word things in the effort to try and make my thoughts clear.

Prostitution may have been ok in that culture but it was not condoned by the bible or even the Jewish Law that predated the Christian Faith. If you're going to try and go the route of the OT fathers of the jewish nation giving thier wives and/or daughters away for goats.....You have to realize that most of that was before the law and it was a completely different culture. It was ok back then because of the inequality that women had. An equality that Jesus fought for in his ministry and his disciples after him.

Quote:
One either believes the Bible is the infallible word of God or one does not, I do not, and can prove that it is NOT infallible and can point out MANY contradictions..... You, CAN NOT explain the contradictions, but will trip over yourself and run to your pastor for explanations.... No need, and please spare me the "if you stepped into a church, once in a while" bullshit, I have spent a good many years inside those doors and the reality is, the joke is on you! Organized religion is a form of control, meant to keep the "peasants" in line. I have found that making a decision based out of fear is generally, a piss poor way to make a decision. Guess what your religion ultimately relies on to convert? Good god, it is 2012, you have all kinds of free information at your finger tips and still you wait on a 2000 year old legend, Jesus even said that he would return in the life time of some witnesses alive in his time????? He did say that right? Oh well. regards, Steve
I have never made a faith decision out of fear. That's where your assumption of church is wrong. I could understand, and actually know why, you feel that way and it's sad. Fear is not the reason for the gospel, Christ is. To many churches try and scare thier congregation into Christ, Christ taught us to show love and out of that love we would show him to the person.

As far as the "Peasants in line" thing. It was true for a while. Not so much now. Even so, alot of those inline peasants have done great things for this world and people in need. Not to make thier name known but to share the love they have felt from God.

Pastors are men with degrees just like a Doctor or engineer. Mine, right now, has a Doctorate in Biblical studies. There is nothing wrong with going to an expert for advice on the subject they are an expert for. Especially those that use strictly the bible to explain it. Weeding out thier own opinion. To give you an idea of how much he studies. He spends at least 40 hrs studying on one sermon. 40 hours into 45 min. His extended outlines reach upwards of 30 pages. He does all this not to bring glory to him but to be able to present the facts to us (the congregation) and let us make the connections our selves. But you probably won't even care because he is a man of faith so he must be a sheep or some con artist.

Jesus's Return - reference please? I can't quite remember that one. I would love to look into it and crack open my strong concordance to study the original text.

Honestly, I'm here to talk. I have no problem going over the contradiction and I'm even willing to except that I might not know the answer. I would go as far to assure that I wouldn't go to my pastor unless you give me permission. I can bet that most of them I have heard and can explain though. You don't have to do all of them. Just the ones you think will be harder for me to explain.

I. Am. Here. To. Talk.
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:19 PM   #99
joe_jeep
welfare wheeler
 
joe_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-03-06
Location: hazel park, mi
Posts: 5,678
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to joe_jeep
Default

so if i divorce my wife, am i ok to watch more porn?
joe_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2012, 06:33 PM   #100
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,920
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe_jeep View Post
so if i divorce my wife, am i ok to watch more porn?
Is it still not adultery? Your, technically, looking at another mans wife and lusting after her. She may not be married but she could be or she could down the road.

Also, Because I know not many of you actually listened, Mark brings up a point that watching free porn, and especially pay for porn, is a way of supporting human trafficking. Are you ok with that?
L4CX is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.38942 seconds with 80 queries